Waddle = Ginn Jr? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle = Ginn Jr?

Why do these comparisons always catch so much wind. I keep seeing this from fans all over the internet. Besides for both being fast they don't compare at all. Like what y'all seeing that I'm not ??

I'm sure if Waddle turns out to have a Ginn like career people would say "decent play but not worthy of a high 1st round pick." But on the field there's a lways a need for a fast play maker, even if he drops a few balls here and there. Ginn might drop one or two passes per game, but he was always a threat for a big play and that's always worth something.
Not knocking Ginn, but I'm looking for superstar out of the Waddler.

Waddle 6th overall and Ginn Jr 9th overall. Height and speed about equal ( Ginn Jr on wiki posted at 4.28 40 ). Ginn Jr. pick was heavily criticized and ridiculed at the time, and Waddle pick seen as fair? In fact if we traded down and got Waddle exactly where Ginn Jr. was picked I’m sure it would be considered a home run!

Ginn Jr. had a relatively long and somewhat successful career so was he just misused or did we not know how to get the best of him? Hopefully Waddle who has all the traits that Ginn JR. possessed will be used to his full potential.

tenor.gif

Tedd Ginn... Nah... He is more like Jakeem Grant.

With better hands and football vision. Literally name a slot reciever and someone here will tell you the ways Waddle is better than they are... Without him having played a single down... Coming off a leg injury.

Tedd Ginn... Nah... He is more like Jakeem Grant.

With better hands and football vision. Literally name a slot reciever and someone here will tell you the ways Waddle is better than they are... Without him having played a single down... Coming off a leg injury.
i'm optimistic.

i never claimed he would be better than anyone, just hope that he becomes what I envision for him.

Just based on traits, Waddle reminds me of a faster, better, Eric Metcalf-type player.

I am WITHOUT a doubt the biggest Ted Ginn Jr. on this forum. I am an Ohio State homer and Teddy was one of my favs.

I am going to try and be respectful to the OP but it’s very very hard with a comparison so ridiculous between two WRs who have nothing in common with their game or their type of speed.

Ted Ginn was born to be an Olympic hurdler but was too high of a draft pick to commit to sprinting when that NFL money was too good. He’s all legs and long strides. No wiggle.

And for the record, TGJr and his family are fantastic people. That shouldn’t be a punch line.

So proud of his career but he’s nowhere near the threat of a Jaylon Waddle, even in his prime.

Last edited:
I am WITHOUT a doubt the biggest Ted Ginn Jr. on this forum. I am an Ohio State and Teddy was one of my

I am going to try and be respectful to the OP but it’s very very hard with a comparison so ridiculous between two WRs who has be nothing in common with their game or their type of speed.

Ted Ginn was born to be an Olympic hurdler but was too high of a draft pick to commit to sprinting when that NFL money was too good. He’s all legs and long strides. No wiggle.

And for the record, TGJr and his family are fantastic people. That shouldn’t be a punch line.

So proud of his career but he’s nowhere near the threat of a Jaylon Waddle, even in his prime.
Cam should always be the punchline there.

Not the Ginns.

No, when Miami drafted Waddle they only got him, no one else from the Waddle family was included when they made that pick. So yeah not Ginn.

Fastest Man in the NFL needs to comeback.

BTW, How freaking fast was Darrell Green? Holy Smokes!!

Mark Clayton is in this one.

When the ball was thrown to Ginn, coaches and players along the nearest sideline would dive for cover. When it’s thrown to Waddle, the coaches and players crowd the sideline so they can see the show! :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom