Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

no disputing that huh? cant come up with some bs excuse? im waiting....

You guys keep referring to his speed scaring defenses and what not but if speed is all that matters why not just sign up Usain Bolt. Im sure he can blow the top off a defense too. Who knows Bolt might be able to run more than one route...

Watch a Mike Wallace Steelers highlight reel and an Antonio Brown highlight reel, and they are indistinguishable other than jersey number. That's all I have to add.

Watch a Mike Wallace Steelers highlight reel and an Antonio Brown highlight reel, and they are indistinguishable other than jersey number. That's all I have to add.

Highlight reels are great because they only show the good plays. Let's see a "lowlight" reel of the same players.

Lazy man's argument? The retort is childish. Pointing to one year, 2012, to make a point is lazy. This is a guy who won Pitts Rookie of the year honors, had 2x 1000 yrd seasons, made a pro bowl and had scored at a decent clip prior to arriving in Miami. He was a proven commodity prior to being in Davie. You and the chattering class keep banging your drums. It won't change a single thing. Hey, start a petition.

He was a proven commodity with one particular, and perfect QB for him. Football Outsiders has ranked the Steeler's 09 -11 OL pass protection no better than 20th and otherwise 28th and 29th. If not for Ben's improvisational scrambling and strength to shake off would-be tacklers, there's plenty of doubt that Wallace having to work with the constraints of a similarly bad OL, or worse, not just with Tannehill under center, but with other pocket passers like Brady and Manning would have worked so well considering the long ball is a precision route that needs to buy some time to set up.. or outrun even if having sloppy routes. Beyond that, Wallace entered the league in 09. That's after Ben's 4 years and 2 SB victories, so the comparison between Ben's abilities, even in the pocket vs Tannehill's aren't exactly apples to apples.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...an-tannehill-focused-on-improving-deep-throws

Tannehill seems to agree with me. As does the stats mentioned in the article.

Props to Tannehill for not throwing Wallace under the bus. Why on earth would he say that Wallace had his fair share of suckage? His name's not Jay Cutler. We should embrace Ryan and give him props for taking responsibility.

Changing your point of attack. But he did have success. He helped Pitt win games. He also had a superior qb throwing him the ball.

Again, Ben was 4 years in with 2 SB victories under his belt. So yes, based on the relative experience levels of two good QBs, he's probably "superior" after 2 years (his 5th and 6th) with Wallace vs Tannehill in his first and second with no OL, running game, blocking TE, or blocking runners and trying to execute the plays designed by a dinosaur.

Beyond that, Wallace wouldn't the first player to cash in and pull an "Albert Haynesworth," as evidenced by his refusal to practice pre season to protect his legs LOL. You'd think he'd want to get on the same page with his QB if he was hungry to succeed on the field, not just at the bank :idk:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...olphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehills-deep-ball

As has been pointed out a hundred times here. His deep ball was fine in 2012. Once alligator arms came along that went down because the team feels pressure to force deep balls to a player that makes no attempt to fight for the ball.

Did he fight for the ball prior to his stint in Miami? Was he a hands catcher prior to being in Miami?

Some how he was a asset in Pitt, but has regressed while in Miami? Wallace is the same animal he was in Pitt, the only difference?

Did he fight for the ball prior to his stint in Miami? Was he a hands catcher prior to being in Miami?

Some how he was a asset in Pitt, but has regressed while in Miami? Wallace is the same animal he was in Pitt, the only difference?

There is no difference. His best year was 2010 and he only had 10 TDs. He's gone steadily downhill from there in both average yard per catch and TDs, even in Pitt. He's a severely overrated player by several people on this site as well as our front office when they acquired him.

Check the facts...he regressed in 2011 and 2012 in Pittsburgh, and that regression continued here at about the same pace.

regressed? that's just it. it was pointed out he had his 3rd best performance(yards) last year. which was his first year on a new team and new system/qb.

so why did he have a better season last year in Miami than in his final season with Pittsburgh?????? He regressed before he arrived in Miami.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

dolfandubz is just talking out of his ass. All he has to do is google search Wallaces stats and its easy to see the regression began before he got to miami. But apparently hes just gonna keep going on and on like he knows what hes talking about.

no disputing that huh? cant come up with some bs excuse? im waiting....

I've addressed this in a previous post. And I'm getting sick of your lame childish retorts.

In 2012, Todd Haley was hired as the new OC. He brought a offensive scheme designed to get the ball out quick. Something Ben struggled with. So much so there was talk of Haley and Ben not seeing eye to eye on the matter. During that season, Haley was being rumored as a eventual candidate for the unemployment line.

Unlike many of you, I understood what Wallace is. A young raw qb, who is a great intermediate and short throw passer...is the reason things haven't clicked. Send Wallace to JAX or CLE, and his value rises. Both young rookies in those cities have no such problems in throwing a deep ball. Bortles would thrive having such a weapon.

so why did he have a better season last year in Miami than in his final season with Pittsburgh?????? He regressed before he arrived in Miami.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

dolfandubz is just talking out of his ass. All he has to do is google search Wallaces stats and its easy to see the regression began before he got to miami. But apparently hes just gonna keep going on and on like he knows what hes talking about.

He regressed in YPC consistently over the last 3 years.

Edit: His catches and yards were higher last year than 2012, since we were throwing to him a lot, but YPC and TDs both went down (fumbles did too so that's a good thing...he had 0).

I've addressed this in a previous post. And I'm getting sick of your lame childish retorts.

In 2012, Todd Haley was hired as the new OC. He brought a offensive scheme designed to get the ball out quick. Something Ben struggled with. So much so there was talk of Haley and Ben not seeing eye to eye on the matter. During that season, Haley was being rumored as a eventual candidate for the unemployment line.

Unlike many of you, I understood what Wallace is. A young raw qb, who is a great intermediate and short throw passer...is the reason things haven't clicked. Send Wallace to JAX or CLE, and his value rises. Both young rookies in those cities have no such problems in throwing a deep ball. Bortles would thrive having such a weapon.

hahaha your full of **** and excuses but keep trying i guess...

and i guess making good points with stuff to actually back them up is lame childish retorts...and you can be as sick of them as you want, idc. Ive made valid points with stats to back them up. You just keep making excuses for a wide receiver who just isnt that good at his job.

Apparently I addressed this already. Your 2nd grade reading level must have not understood my point. You name call and disparage my POV. But it is you who has already been taught some truth on Wallace. As was pointed out previously in this thread.

I have backed up my assertion that Wallace is who he is. He is a former pro bowl we, who scored and made big plays. The difference between now and then, qb play and the system

hahaha your full of **** and excuses but keep trying i guess...

and i guess making good points with stuff to actually back them up is lame childish retorts...and you can be as sick of them as you want, idc. Ive made valid points with stats to back them up. You just keep making excuses for a wide receiver who just isnt that good at his job.

Yep a change in scheme and offensive philosophy has no bearing on the players involved, gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom