Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Wallace was ****ing held on that deep ball.

And pretty much every play that Gerald McCoy (hall of fame level talent) wasn't rag dolling our OLine Tanne was sharp and looked good.

All of you complaining are overreacting to yesterdays game and of course, we've got the haters piling on when they can. The Tanne bandwagon is full WV, don't expect to get on when Tanne takes us to the playoffs.

I will be a gentlemen and assist you helpless souls off of that sinking ship once it FINALLY becomes apparent to you that its hopelessly afloat.

So it looks like ONE person posted ONE play of footage from the last 2 seasons in which Tannehill completed a nice deep ball to someone other than Mike Wallace.

Based on that, the census here at FH seems to be that Mike Wallace sucks because Tannehill once completed a deep ball to someone else. One of them. I would say that is a real solid conclusion.

Wallace hasn't changed. He is a weapon in a certain type of offense and qb. Neither of which exist in Miami.

Also Pitt went from a 12-4 team to a 8-8 team under Haley's first year as OC. With that said, Pitt wanted him back...just at a certain price tag. Wallace balked and is now here. Give him a qb who can utilize his skill set, and he will produce.

Unless you're enjoying the conversation, you've articulated your point, and the person you're talking to is intentionally feigning ignorance toward what you're saying, so I wouldn't waste my time. Again, if you're enjoying it, disregard, but he's not going suddenly "understand" you. He doesn't want to, because he doesn't want THAT truth.

I wonder if that poster knows how many WR's had more TD catches than Wallace during that 4-year period. I'd guess that he does not, but even with said information, he would find a way to misunderstand it. It's what he does :lol:

You take it all in context, Wallace was the best receiver of that free agent class and honestly this year sucked ass in terms of available receivers. At the end of the year you will know two things 1) is Tannehill the franchise or another in the list of failures and 2) is Wallace worth the money as a number 1, if he is great good if not his contract is very dumpable in 2015.

So arguing about Wallace and whether or not he sucks ass as a number 1 is fruitless, his contract makes him untouchable this season, he's gonna make the roster and he's not tradable. Next season is whole different story so I suggest if the man wants to keep getting paid in the NFL like a number 1, he better play like one regardless of the QB. I doubt Calvin Johnson would have a problem catching balls from Tim Tebow if he had to.

Last edited by a moderator:
You take it all in context, Wallace was the best receiver of that free agent class and honestly this year sucked ass in terms of available receivers. At the end of the year you will know two things 1) is Tannehill the franchise or another in the list of failures and 2) is Wallace worth the money as a number 1, if he is great if not he contract is very dumpable in 2015.

So arguing about Wallace and whether or not he sucks ass as a number 1 is fruitless, his contract makes him untouchable this season, he's gonna make the roster and he's not tradable. Next season is whole different story so I suggest if the man wants to keep getting paid in the NFL like a number 1, he better play like one regardless of the QB. I doubt Calvin Johnson would have a problem catching balls from Tim Tebow if he had to.

The argument is not whether Wallace is in the class of Calvin Johnson (hint, no current WR is), and it's not whether or not he's worth the money we paid him. He's not, but we were in a desperate situation.

The premise of the OP is that THIS team is better without Wallace on the field and that it's because Wallace just isn't very good. THAT is not a cross that I would carry.

In regard to Calvin Johnson, I agree that he'd shine with any QB with any level of NFL talent.

Mike Wallace is deadly, if he's paired with a QB that can consistently hit a super-fast WR in stride, on the deep go route.

Ben Roethlisberger can do that.

Ryan Tannehill cannot.

No what ben rothlisberger does is break away from blitzes/tackles and then heaves it up there for wallace to go run and get. I call that a gimmick. What we are doing is trying to make him a more complete WR.

And if anyone here really takes this one preseason play seriously, then I dont know what to say other than its always easy to spot the bitchers.

Unless you're enjoying the conversation, you've articulated your point, and the person you're talking to is intentionally feigning ignorance toward what you're saying, so I wouldn't waste my time. Again, if you're enjoying it, disregard, but he's not going suddenly "understand" you. He doesn't want to, because he doesn't want THAT truth.

I wonder if that poster knows how many WR's had more TD catches than Wallace during that 4-year period. I'd guess that he does not, but even with said information, he would find a way to misunderstand it. It's what he does :lol:

I didn't misunderstand anything...you guys all act like Tannehill is holding wallace back from being good when really he has been regressing since 2011...he had a better year last year than his final year in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure what u guys aren't understanding.

So it looks like ONE person posted ONE play of footage from the last 2 seasons in which Tannehill completed a nice deep ball to someone other than Mike Wallace.

HhuTWb6-1.png

Not many people archive footage for deep ball completions. It's such an overrated thing that it's almost weird that so many people on this site are obsessed with it.

HhuTWb6-1.png

Not many people archive footage for deep ball completions. It's such an overrated thing that it's almost weird that so many people on this site are obsessed with it.

Oh look.. even without superstar receivers and the GOAT TE, Tannehill's long ball accuracy is almost identical to the QB who despite a top 10 pass blocking OL just demonstrated he's as incapable of carrying a team without all his top offensive weapons healthy in season as he is with them postseasons (especially in the 2nd halfs)

Its the media that hounds this Wallace deap ball crap as if this team cannot succeed unless he gets a long ball TD every game and the troll types pounce on it as if they are experts. It doesnt work like that in this offense especially.

The fact we go deep early in a game, whether successful or not makes the defense have to defense it either way.

This is good for laron landry, Gibson, and matthews. This offense will score approx. 25 points a game at least. Our WR's have been wide open over the middle.

HhuTWb6-1.png

Nice vague stat you have there. What constitutes a "deep pass" for that chart? It does not make that clear.

Give me the number on passes thrown 40+ yards down field.

That image was for 2012. Here's the only stats I could find for 2013:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/07/signature-stats-play-action-deep-passing/

Geno Smith in the top 10. Maybe we should bring him in since he's such a great deep passer. Also note the bottom 10 in those stats for last year contain two SB winners.

So you're saying in '12 even with a healthy Julio and Roddy (and Tony) Melty' s long ball accuracy was only fractionally better than Tannehill's with his ragtag group of mid-late round receivers, Leggadoo Nanees, Gaffneys, Marlon Moores and the like? . Go figure :idk:

Back
Top Bottom