Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

It's passes that traveled 20 or more yards in the air. 40+ yards are such a small % that focusing on it is borderline retarded.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/9/4/3...stics-dont-trust-the-deep-ball-passing-attack

Tom Brady: Brady threw for 5,232 yards completing 65.5% of his passes, of those 5,232 yards, just 522 came on passes thrown longer than 20 yards (or roughly 10%). Brady also despite having a strong arm and very good accuracy, was just 15-57 on those passes, or 26% completion rate.Of those passes Brady was just 1-15 on balls thrown 31 yards or more.

Any other brain busters?

No what ben rothlisberger does is break away from blitzes/tackles and then heaves it up there for wallace to go run and get. I call that a gimmick.

That's a pretty good "gimmick", when you have a QB that can consistently hit a super-fast WR in stride, on a deep go route.

vs6lCIt-1.jpg

[video=youtube;twz6SH0ylpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twz6SH0ylpk[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twz6SH0ylpk

[video=youtube;arKd8qnPB-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I

So you're saying in '12 even with a healthy Julio and Roddy (and Tony) Melty' s long ball accuracy was only fractionally better than Tannehill's with his ragtag group of mid-late round receivers, Leggadoo Nanees, Gaffneys, Marlon Moores and the like? . Go figure :idk:

Clearly, Tannehill's the problem...trade his ass!:lol:

That's a pretty good "gimmick", when you have a QB that can consistently hit a super-fast WR in stride, on a deep go route.

vs6lCIt-1.jpg

[video=youtube;twz6SH0ylpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twz6SH0ylpk[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twz6SH0ylpk

[video=youtube;arKd8qnPB-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKd8qnPB-I

I seem to recall RT hitting him like those shots a few times, and they slid right through his hands.

Edit: And you point out 2010. Nobody's argued he had a great 2010, just that he's declined steadily since then, but let's keep it in 2010 I reckon.

It's passes that traveled 20 or more yards in the air.

Then it's an irrelevant stat.

Tannehill is accurate when throwing direct laser beams. This includes ones that travel 20 yds in the air.

But Tannehill has never been able to consistently arc a deep ball into a super-fast bucket, which is a different type of throw, requiring a different type of touch & timing. And this is the type of throw needed to take advantage of Mike Wallace as a weapon.

Tannehill is accurate throwing 20-30 yd direct laser beams.

Tannehill is somewhat accurate arcing a deep ball into a slow-moving bucket (Charles Clay).

But in his college & pro career, Tannehill has never consistently hit super-fast WRs in stride on the deep go route.

And again, if you look at all the stats these "deep balls" that you people rave about are such a small % of game throws that only a few QBs in the league and in history of the league are capable of making with greater than 50% accuracy. Many of these QBs have not won a Superbowl. Some of them are considered to be bad QBs by pretty much every other standard. But there's no doubt in my mind that a select few here will continue to obsess over this meaningless stat.

But I think it's funny how you claim the stats that I've brought to the table to be "irrelevant" because they don't follow the conditions that you've defined.

no, pitt wasnt going to match the 8869 BILLION A YEAR desperate jeff ireland did. NO player in the nfl, or any sport is worth what he got.

the steelers were not desperate like ireland was. the gm's job wasnt on the line.

and, the pit offense hasnt quite been the same has it. why? because a guy like wallace, who torched EVERYONE he faced and score double digit td's made defenses play tight just him being on the field. there MAYBE 3 wr's in the nfl right now who make defenses play tight, brandon marshal, calvin johnson and MIKE WALLACE!!!

all this "pitt knew he sucked and didnt want " stuff is bunk. the ASTRONOMICAL MONEY is what sent wallace out of pittsburgh.

As you admit, Wallace is massively overpaid and that is the problem. If he were making half of his salary, I could understand the value of the one trick pony. As it stands, he is not earning his salary and will be a drain on the salary cap. Signing Wallace was a bad move.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

THANK YOU!

There is ONE. I have heard so much about all of these deep throws Tannehill hits to WRs not named Wallace, I just know there has to be more despite the fact that I have watched every single game and do not recall them.

This ONE I recall. Opening week vs. the Browns. This ball travels precisely 40 yards from where it was thrown(+ the distance accounting for the area to the left). So where are these other deep throws Tannehill puts right in there?

You are the only poster who has answered this with PROOF. I have asked this before in a similar thread........ crickets.

It is not as if these games are being played in secret folks. The evidence is all on film for everyone to see. So lets see it. There are some incredible claims being thrown around with no evidence to back them.

your 40 yard standard is retarded and everyone knows it.

Did he fight for the ball prior to his stint in Miami? Was he a hands catcher prior to being in Miami?

Some how he was a asset in Pitt, but has regressed while in Miami? Wallace is the same animal he was in Pitt, the only difference?

Pitts could run the ball. There is your ONLY difference. Safeties having to respect the run. More room in the center of the field and an easier time for the one trick pony to get open and body catch the ball.

Pitts could run the ball. There is your ONLY difference. Safeties having to respect the run. More room in the center of the field and an easier time for the one trick pony to get open and body catch the ball.

More excuses i see.

The difference is qb play and offensive philosophy. Some of you take alot of what i have said, and bend the context for your pov.
That one trick pony produced like no other phin, in over a decade. He has a special skill set. One tbat had Pitt offering 50 mil for.

But he shows up in miami, and the dysfunction rears its head again.
For 4 yrs he got better. New oc and scheme, he took a step back. Then you give him a new team with a raw young qb, with new system...and you get sub par results. But you guys keep calling him this and that, that is how the bobble heads work here. Not an original thought, just a repetitive chattering class.

If you seen wallace play prior to his arrival, your guys complaints would of been loud and obnoxious then. But it was pretty mum here.

More excuses i see.

The difference is qb play and offensive philosophy. Some of you take alot of what i have said, and bend the context for your pov.
That one trick pony produced like no other phin, in over a decade. He has a special skill set. One tbat had Pitt offering 50 mil for.

For 4 yrs he got better. New oc and scheme, he took a step back. Then you give him a new team with a raw young qb, with new system...and you get sub par results. But you guys keep calling him this and that, that is how the bobble heads work here. Not an original thought, just a repetitive chattering class.

If you seen wallace play prior to his arrival, your guys complaints would of been loud and obnoxious then. But it was pretty mum here.

Pitt answered the question of Wallace's value with a wave goodbye. That is all you need to know.

Pitt answered the question of Wallace's value with a wave goodbye. That is all you need to know.

Yes, we all agree that Wallace is not worth $60 million ($30 million guaranteed).

But I distinctly remembered back in 2013, when Miami signed Mike Wallace, 95% of Finheaven posters were saying that it was a great move.

Now, many Finheaven posters are acting shocked & appalled that Mike Wallace is a body catcher, even though he's been that way throughout his career.

More excuses i see.

What are you talking about? He started "taking a step back" every year after the 2010 year, even in Pittsburgh. Why do you keep ignoring that?

Yes, we all agree that Wallace is not worth $60 million ($30 million guaranteed).

But I distinctly remembered back in 2013, when Miami signed Mike Wallace, 95% of Finheaven posters were saying that it was a great move.

Now, many Finheaven posters are acting shocked & appalled that Mike Wallace is a body catcher, even though he's been that way throughout his career.

I think you are overstating that just a little (a lot)....I remember plenty of people around here saying that he was a "one-trick-pony", he would not fit in a WC offense, and he was WAY overpaid.

Back
Top Bottom