Wanne gets blasted by the Forth Worth Star | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanne gets blasted by the Forth Worth Star

News Flash !!!

Only one game has been played.........

Originally posted by FFiB

so basically our coaching sucked for the last ..uhmmmm....19 years.

No, we have had good coaching some isolated years in that stretch. Just not consistent.

After Sunday's 21-20 loss to the Houston Texans, the Dolphins' season is over. Done. Finished.
That quote is only part of the article I disagree with. The rest of it is right on.

If Miami doesn't show up against the JETS and ends up losing, then you can blame Wannstedt. Otherwise I blame Norv Turner and the players for the loss against the Texans. Wannstedt didn't call the out pass by Fiedler, and he didn't throw it. But he is responsible for making adjustments with the game plan. This game will be a good test of his coaching abilities.

Originally posted by Rebar71

That quote is only part of the article I disagree with. The rest of it is right on.

Does ANYONE here remember when New England lost to the BENGALS a couple of seasons ago to go 1-4?? Everyone said their season was over. They ended up winning the Super Bowl....

Originally posted by SDFinFan

Does ANYONE here remember when New England lost to the BENGALS a couple of seasons ago to go 1-4?? Everyone said their season was over. They ended up winning the Super Bowl....

Yes, and when Wanny wins the Superbowl I will admit I was wrong about him. Until then, until he proves otherwise, he stinks.

When did the NFL shorten the season to only one game?

Is this the new "single elimination" season that I have heard so much about?

Well, at least we are not alone! 15 others teams are finished too. I guess that I should go ahead and sell my tickets to the 'Phins/Bolts game.

Oh well!

Re: You know what, inFIN...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

... I look at the pic of you (I'm assuming that IS you) and I start to think about all the cool things I could be doing on Sundays BESIDES watching the Dolphins play like sh**. You know, even if we had squeeked a win out against the Texans... the WAY the Dolphins were playing (and coaching) was SO PATHETIC. I, honestly, can't take it anymore.

There are things to do out in the world that ACTUALLY are of a personal nature where I actually have CONTROL over the outcome... where if I give 100% and still "lose" or screw-up or whatever, at least I know that I gave it 100%. That is, it's mine.

The 'Fins... man, the last few days have reminded me that I'm "just a fan". And what is that, anyway? To be a fan?

I don't know. I'm starting to wax philosophical over this "stuff" and that's just unnecessary.

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again... sorry for the pessimism and negativity.

Hope all is well with you, inFIN! (You sure look like you're having fun in sun, there!)

All's good here man thanks... yeah that's me, hehe, don't hate me but, that's exactly what I was doing Sunday during the game....Landed my first jump this weekend, twice!....maybe that's why I wasn't so busted up by this loss. I was listening on the radio the whole time but, when heard anything bad I just cracked another beer turned the radio down for awhile and enjoyed my day.......the odd part is that everytime I turned the radio back up the Fins had scored each time but as soon as I started listening they would start screwing up again.....perhaps the loss is my fault since I had to listen to the whole final quarter. :goof:

Anyway, truth....They call it a "spectator" sport for a reason. I think too many of us are under the impression that we are "participants". Unless you are at a game screaming your head off, there is absolutely nothing you or I can do to affect the outcome of the game so why lose our heads over it??

Whatever happens happens....enjoy the game as the small part of your life that it is.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
When did the NFL shorten the season to only one game?

I believe that would be last year, when our whole season came down to one game.

Thanks, man!

Originally posted by Danikus
Hey McMichael,

I know you are a true fan! We are all hurting and in some degree of doubt. Hang in there bud, we will turn it around!!

Man, I do love the 'Fins. Especially THESE particular players... THIS team of 2003... is so exciting.

And that's just it. I swear to everyone on this board, I don't so much care if we win or lose. Really!

I care that I see the team (and coaches) play a COMPLETE game... COMPLETELY... with heart.

Otherwise, even the victories become hallow.

It's a privilege for NFL players to do what they do - foget the pay - it's a freak'n privilege to be on that field every Sunday. And I'm sure everyone one of us fans has dreamt of what it would be like to have that kind of talent, that kind of physical gift, and that kind of opportunity. Is it too much to ask that we see that kind of humility, graciousness, and appreciation ON THE FIELD (and in the coaches "booth", too)?

Re: You know what, inFIN...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

... I look at the pic of you (I'm assuming that IS you) and I start to think about all the cool things I could be doing on Sundays BESIDES watching the Dolphins play like sh**. You know, even if we had squeeked a win out against the Texans... the WAY the Dolphins were playing (and coaching) was SO PATHETIC. I, honestly, can't take it anymore.

There are things to do out in the world that ACTUALLY are of a personal nature where I actually have CONTROL over the outcome... where if I give 100% and still "lose" or screw-up or whatever, at least I know that I gave it 100%. That is, it's mine.

The 'Fins... man, the last few days have reminded me that I'm "just a fan". And what is that, anyway? To be a fan?

I don't know. I'm starting to wax philosophical over this "stuff" and that's just unnecessary.

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again... sorry for the pessimism and negativity.

Hope all is well with you, inFIN! (You sure look like you're having fun in sun, there!)

You know, a couple of years ago after a performance like the one on Sunday, I woulda been gathering all of my Dolphin gear to have a big bonfire in the backyard, drowning my sorrows with a bottle of liquor. Instead, I grabbed my surfboard, went down to the end of the street and rode some waves to get that taste out of my mouth. 81, you hit the nail on the head with the "things you can control" comment. I know that not one out of that bunch of underperforming millionaires who took the field Sunday gives a $h!t whether or not I sell any insurance when I come into work, so why should I upset my life because they don't do their job? I have been a fan of this team for over thirty years, and I will be as long as I live. I've just decided that the "as long as I live" part will be alot longer if I don't tie my emotional well-being to something I can't control.

Only reason I'm so disgusted is I've been watching these guys (Zach, Taylor, Sam, Surtain, etc and so on) all together for a while now..I want to see these guys win a ring. Before Sunday I thought these guys deserved one more then anyone, but I'm not sure anymore after the way they played. If they want it they'll go and get it.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Yes, and when Wanny wins the Superbowl I will admit I was wrong about him. Until then, until he proves otherwise, he stinks.

Sad to see that you are so disillusioned with the coaching staff, that you are giving up on this entire season. So I take it that if we do win the Super Bowl, you'll jump right back on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

AMEN!

Originally posted by inFINSible
Whatever happens happens....enjoy the game as the small part of your life that it is.

Could not have said it better. Thanks, inFIN!

And, actually, I do hate you. ;) :tongue: :D

Growing up in Miami, I used to knee-board almost every weekend. Man, what ffun! :D

It's been like... 14 YEARS!!! :rolleyes: since I've been on the water.

Fortunately, I have managed to go snow skiing almost ever three years, since. But it's not the same thing.

Anyway, you still making it up here for the Jags game?

It would really be cool for us to hook up at the game!

Absolutely!....We will for sure be in J-ville for the game.

Jack.....can I use this as my new sig?
I have been a fan of this team for over thirty years, and I will be as long as I live. I've just decided that the "as long as I live" part will be alot longer if I don't tie my emotional well-being to something I can't control.
------JackMeehov

Back
Top Bottom