Wanne gets blasted by the Forth Worth Star | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanne gets blasted by the Forth Worth Star

How do you make 53 guys screw their heads on right. These guys were supposed to be pissed about last year and ready to kick ***, now we get some of them talking about "oh it doesn't matter if we win in the beginning it's how we do at the end... yada yada yada"

What the F is that? The excuses just keep flowing out of these guys, I think as long as we keep hearing excuses we are going to keep seeing failure. I'm not sure how a coach is supposed to make these guys take responsibility if it's not in their nature in the first place.

Originally posted by inFINSible
How do you make 53 guys screw their heads on right. These guys were supposed to be pissed about last year and ready to kick ***, now we get some of them talking about "oh it doesn't matter if we win in the beginning it's how we do at the end... yada yada yada"

What the F is that? The excuses just keep flowing out of these guys, I think as long as we keep hearing excuses we are going to keep seeing failure. I'm not sure how a coach is supposed to make these guys take responsibility if it's not in their nature in the first place.

Well, that's why they are the coach and why they get milliuons per yr. but you don't see gruden's guys like that. Parcells won't take any crap from anyone. He'll cut their a$$ in a heartbeat. That is a consequence of not doing your job. if Wanny just walked in and cut one or two of these prima donas, the rest would get theit act together sooooooooo quick. bet on that.

Yeah, but, then you run the risk of alienating players on the team and causing division in the locker room. If the coach is going to drop the axe on players because they made a mistake once or twice then he would end up having to cut everyone eventually.....If he sticks to the 2nd and 3rd stringers then who's going to care. Do you think that if Wanny cuts Billy Yates for holding on a return, is that going to have an effect on how Jamar Fletcher approaches the game?....Is it going to make Todd Wade play any better?

It could help but, Wanny is already locked into the "nice guy" persona so I think any move like this on Wanny's part would be seen as the motivational ploy that it is and when that happens the ploy doesn't work.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Yeah, but, then you run the risk of alienating players on the team and causing division in the locker room. If the coach is going to drop the axe on players because they made a mistake once or twice then he would end up having to cut everyone eventually.....If he sticks to the 2nd and 3rd stringers then who's going to care. Do you think that if Wanny cuts Billy Yates for holding on a return, is that going to have an effect on how Jamar Fletcher approaches the game?....Is it going to make Todd Wade play any better?

It could help but, Wanny is already locked into the "nice guy" persona so I think any move like this on Wanny's part would be seen as the motivational ploy that it is and when that happens the ploy doesn't work.

You are probably right. That's why, IMO, Wanny is not good HC material.

Originally posted by Amin
"No team that has ever lost to the Texans has gone on to win the Super Bowl."

now thats just a silly comment... other than that i will agree with everything else she said in the article.

Yeah! That makes two silly comments total: The 1 and done statement and the one stated above. While the above statement was true, come on...They only played one season. That should have been edited out of her column. As far as DW vs. JJ, one big difference is that they may have to take a cattleprod to get DW out of Miami. But coaches like JJ and Parcells have that clout (SuperBowls), so they can leave on their own terms.

Back
Top Bottom