Wanny actively pursuing another wideout!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny actively pursuing another wideout!!

canesfins said:
Haven't we learned anything from the past? We already took a chance on a Redskin receiver that had a decent season the year before and had so much potential and upside although he wasn't all that fast. His name is Derrius Thompson!
DT did not have so much potential. Wash never tried to keep him and for a team that was in desperate need of a WR told me something. DT is an average WR and they are a dime a dozen. From what I have seen he loses focus on the field during games. Several times last year he missed getting a catch simply because he forgot to drag his feet.

I agree with CKParrothead, i've also thought of a Gardner/Betts deal for Ogunleye. I dont wanna trade the guy away but the offense is hopeless of they dont make a deal soon. My problem with this whole deal is why wait till the end of the preseason. Shouldnt we already know what we have in Travis Minor? He been here 3 years already! Hes a great situational back but clearly not built to be the RB of this team. If we wait till late August to make a deal than these players will not be comfortable in our offense come week one vs. Tennessee. Hurry up Spielman and Wannstedt, your jobs are crumbling away.

CheesyChasey said:
We have to go for Brown.
We really don't have a choice.
1 year deal make him the #2 man behind Chambers.
He is a big name....big confidence and he can probably teach our Qaurterbacks something.

Ya Gotta Believe!!
Theyve already said theyre not interested in brown

steveincolorado said:
Does anybody still think that A Freeman can still play? The Dolphins are going to bring him in Tuesday for a workout. What do you guy's think about Freeman?
feely seems to think so....he really wants him on the team

finzfan4life said:
I see Rod Gardner as more of a possesion receiver then done the field threat.
agreed. A down-field speed guy is what is needed. I just don't see that in Rod Garner. But is anyone (other than Tim Brown and Keenan McCardell available?). I have a feeling the Fins believe Brown is on the downside of his career (he probably is) and that McCardell is too (I don't agree).

The redskins-based criticism of Gardner is not fair. Under that same criteria, Laveraneous Coles is a piece of crap too. But we've personally seen what Coles can do against our vaunted secondary.

Gardner was a high first round pick for a reason. Derrius was practically undrafted for a reason. And whoever said that Derrius outproduced Gardner, thats an outright lie. The year Derrius broke out, he had way fewer yards than Gardner's 1006 yards 8 TDs. In Gardner's rookie season, under Marty Schottenheimer mind you, he caught for almost as many yards as our uber-rookie Chambers. In fact, Gardner had a game where he caught for over 200 yards. He has his problems, but he should NOT be compared to Derrius Thompson. I get excited thinking of what Jerry Sullivan could do for Rod Gardner.

And maybe I'm mistaken, but 5'10 222 lbs for a runningback seems almost perfect to me. I'm not sure I necessarily want a guy that weighs closer to 250 lbs anymore, and tall runningbacks don't often succeed (Eddie George the exception). Heck Ricky played closer to 230. If Betts is 220 or 225 I don't see that as bad.

The Skins do have Rock Cartwright sitting behind Betts. He's listed as a fullback, but thats because they want to get him on the field...last year he ran for over 400 yards in limited action, with 4 touchdowns. The skins also do like Chad Morton's ability to be a 3rd down type back. If they really wanted a RB to replace Betts, I'm sure we could pawn Sammy Morris off on them. Snyder tends to think like that too. If there's any owner out there in the league that would do player for player trades way more readily than everyone else, its Snyder.

BTW, we don't know WHAT is going on with the McCardell situation. He's not just going to magically appear on the Dolphins' roster. If he became a FA you can bet we would bid him...but right now I think the coaches are looking for a deep threat.

And Gardner doesn't have to have 4.3 speed to be a deep threat (he has 4.4 speed though). Gadsden was a deep threat because he could fake, jump, and had unbelievable hands. The coaches squandered that on short routes and turned him into a fulltime starter short possession guy. Gardner has the ability to make plays down the field.

I love when these jill fans come in here, thinking they know it all! yeah im talking about you spitonsurtain, all i know you dont belong in here. why dont you go play with yourself or whatever you do in your spare time .. lol GO FINS

MNicholas said:
Why in the world would we be interested in trading Wally for Garner. You have to be kiddning me. Your trading a proven pro bowler for a nobody. If they are going to trade Wally, at least trade for a pro bowler type a player.

I agree. I think we should get a high pick with Garner

craig said:
I love when these jill fans come in here, thinking they know it all! yeah im talking about you spitonsurtain, all i know you dont belong in here. why dont you go play with yourself or whatever you do in your spare time .. lol GO FINS
:sleep:

I believe it's Gardner and a first, the trade that the Dolphins want.

ckparrothead said:
The redskins-based criticism of Gardner is not fair. Under that same criteria, Laveraneous Coles is a piece of crap too. But we've personally seen what Coles can do against our vaunted secondary.

Gardner was a high first round pick for a reason. Derrius was practically undrafted for a reason. And whoever said that Derrius outproduced Gardner, thats an outright lie. The year Derrius broke out, he had way fewer yards than Gardner's 1006 yards 8 TDs. In Gardner's rookie season, under Marty Schottenheimer mind you, he caught for almost as many yards as our uber-rookie Chambers. In fact, Gardner had a game where he caught for over 200 yards. He has his problems, but he should NOT be compared to Derrius Thompson. I get excited thinking of what Jerry Sullivan could do for Rod Gardner.

And maybe I'm mistaken, but 5'10 222 lbs for a runningback seems almost perfect to me. I'm not sure I necessarily want a guy that weighs closer to 250 lbs anymore, and tall runningbacks don't often succeed (Eddie George the exception). Heck Ricky played closer to 230. If Betts is 220 or 225 I don't see that as bad.

The Skins do have Rock Cartwright sitting behind Betts. He's listed as a fullback, but thats because they want to get him on the field...last year he ran for over 400 yards in limited action, with 4 touchdowns. The skins also do like Chad Morton's ability to be a 3rd down type back. If they really wanted a RB to replace Betts, I'm sure we could pawn Sammy Morris off on them. Snyder tends to think like that too. If there's any owner out there in the league that would do player for player trades way more readily than everyone else, its Snyder.

BTW, we don't know WHAT is going on with the McCardell situation. He's not just going to magically appear on the Dolphins' roster. If he became a FA you can bet we would bid him...but right now I think the coaches are looking for a deep threat.

And Gardner doesn't have to have 4.3 speed to be a deep threat (he has 4.4 speed though). Gadsden was a deep threat because he could fake, jump, and had unbelievable hands. The coaches squandered that on short routes and turned him into a fulltime starter short possession guy. Gardner has the ability to make plays down the field.
Dude, I agree with most of your post, but seriously Gadsden was never a deep threat..........Red Zone threat ok......but Deep Threat?:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom