Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base

He knows we hated him more than the fans of those other teams did.
Actually, when JJ handed over power to him I was on a Fins usenet newsgroup and a bunch of Bears fans came over to commiserate. Until then I never realized how much Wanny was despised.

Let's be honest folks, I've been to multiple Bills games and multiple Dolphins games; to say our fan base leaves something to be desired is an understatement. While the Bills fans are certainly maniacs, and out of their damn mind, they are there for their team no matter what. We have trouble selling out games even in good seasons. While I believe the Dolphins do have a fantastic national fan base, the home fans are just not that plentiful.

Sunday afternoon NATIONAL fox football pregame show had wanny. He said Buffalo gets no respect as a NY team compared to the jets and Giants, yet they are great with a terrific fan base. He then goes on about how he has coached in great fan bases such as Dallas, Chicago, and Pittsburg , those are towns that reminds him of great fans like Buffalo .

so he left us out, the team with his longest pro tenure as head coach . Not saying I’m shocked we got the beaches etc, but at that moment he decided to leave us out of his example lol
Really? Get over it, he‘s not lying

I was a season ticket holder from 1972 until this year. In the 1970’s and 1980’s we had great Dolphin fans who showed up for games and packed the stadium. Over the last 20 years I saw more and more empty seats at games and many of the fans at the stadium were fans of the opposing team and not fans of the Dolphins.
My wife and I traveled to Dolphin games to over 25 NFL stadiums and to London and I have never seen nearly as many Dolphin fans in these stadiums as I have have fans of other teams in Dolphin Stadium.

The reality is that while the Dolphins still have a core group of fans who show up for games. That core group has continued to shrink over the last two decades. It will be interesting to see if fans show up to support the Dolphins once the pandemic is over and now that the Dolphins seem to be headed in the right direction.

My observation of the Dolphin fan base compared to the fan bases around the NFL is that many Dolphin fans for the most part will only show for winners. They have no problem staying at home watching the game on TV while the fans of the Jets, Patriots, Bills, Raiders, Bears and other teams gladly come to Dolphin stadium to root for their team when they play the Dolphins.

Personally I wish we still had a fan base like we had back in the 1970’s and 1980’s but the truth is we do have one of the worst fan bases in the entire NFL.

Last edited:
Actually, when JJ handed over power to him I was on a Fins usenet newsgroup and a bunch of Bears fans came over to commiserate. Until then I never realized how much Wanny was despised.

Agree. The biggest mistake in pihns history was Wayne letting Jimmy pick his successor.

It was an epic unrelenting sh**storm until Flores was hired

Back
Top Bottom