Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base

I feel Dolphin fans travel fairly well.

The fact that the team hasn't been very good in a very long time is valid.

The main problem is that south Florida is full of transplants. LA has the same issue, but the LA transplants are usually younger and embrace it.
ya i agree. we actually do travel well.

I'll never forget the 2002 season, it still torments me every time I see his ugly face on tv,

He had Ricky Williams (NFL's Rushing Champ - 1853 yds), Jason Taylor (NFl's Sack Leader - 18.5 sacks), and Zach Thomas (NFL's leading tackler - 156 tackles)...

Miami had the #4 Total defense
Miami had the #12 Total offense

and he still could not make the playoffs with that team.

All that talent wasted on poor coaching. How do you not make the playoffs with that!?!?! When your team is producing like that, you should be a super bowl team.

IMO, this was without a doubt, the biggest coaching failure in our franchise's history. I wanted him fired after that debacle, but he lasted 1 1/2 seasons more, causing more damage to the franchise with bad personnel decisions before he was fired mid season 2004.

He gave the fan base every reason to not like him. He's an awful coach who set this franchise back years.

Yeah this was a huge head-scratcher at the time even. It was as odd as taking Tedd Ginn and his whole
I'll never forget the 2002 season, it still torments me every time I see his ugly face on tv,

He had Ricky Williams (NFL's Rushing Champ - 1853 yds), Jason Taylor (NFl's Sack Leader - 18.5 sacks), and Zach Thomas (NFL's leading tackler - 156 tackles)...

Miami had the #4 Total defense
Miami had the #12 Total offense

and he still could not make the playoffs with that team.

All that talent wasted on poor coaching. How do you not make the playoffs with that!?!?! When your team is producing like that, you should be a super bowl team.

IMO, this was without a doubt, the biggest coaching failure in our franchise's history. I wanted him fired after that debacle, but he lasted 1 1/2 seasons more, causing more damage to the franchise with bad personnel decisions before he was fired mid season 2004.

He gave the fan base every reason to not like him. He's an awful coach who set this franchise back years.
He shoulda be fired week 17 patriots, when he decided to have fielder throw 3 straight times in his own 10 yard line while Ricky already had 150+ yards rushing .

He shoulda be fired week 17 patriots, when he decided to have fielder throw 3 straight times in his own 10 yard line while Ricky already had 150+ yards rushing .
I think it was our own 1 yard line after we messed up fielding the kickoff because we thought NE was going to insides it - and they pooched it over everyoneā€™s heads. Welker ran back and covered it for us on the 1 or 2 IIR. Ricky was on fire that game. He didnā€™t have any long run inflating his average that day. I think he was approaching 200 yards even on like a 7 or 8 YPC clip. I would have fired him that meltdown. Wasted an 1853 yard rushing season from Williams - franchise record.

The fans might be a little iffy but I'm gonna go ahead and put the lion's share of the blame on the team who hasn't won squat or even been relevant in 20 years.

How unbearable would Pats fans be if they had to endure our fate for the last 2 decades? Dear gawd man ...

Sunday afternoon NATIONAL fox football pregame show had wanny. He said Buffalo gets no respect as a NY team compared to the jets and Giants, yet they are great with a terrific fan base. He then goes on about how he has coached in great fan bases such as Dallas, Chicago, and Pittsburg , those are towns that reminds him of great fans like Buffalo .

so he left us out, the team with his longest pro tenure as head coach . Not saying Iā€™m shocked we got the beaches etc, but at that moment he decided to leave us out of his example lol

I'll personally apologize to Wanny when he's inducted into the Dolphins' Ring of Honor. :lol:

Sunday afternoon NATIONAL fox football pregame show had wanny. He said Buffalo gets no respect as a NY team compared to the jets and Giants, yet they are great with a terrific fan base. He then goes on about how he has coached in great fan bases such as Dallas, Chicago, and Pittsburg , those are towns that reminds him of great fans like Buffalo .

so he left us out, the team with his longest pro tenure as head coach . Not saying Iā€™m shocked we got the beaches etc, but at that moment he decided to leave us out of his example lol
jamir fletcher over drew breesā€¦. that's his legacy

I feel Dolphin fans travel fairly well.

The fact that the team hasn't been very good in a very long time is valid.

The main problem is that south Florida is full of transplants. LA has the same issue, but the LA transplants are usually younger and embrace it.
We dont travel well, we're usually just transplants.

The Miami Dolphins have maybe... 3 different bars in Toronto Ontario to watch football.

He knows that home games are so often filled with Jets and Patriot fans relocated that Miami just doesn't have that same feeling as Buffalo, KC, and Philadelphia.
Though I am surprised he mentioned Dallas. Aren't those fans pretty chill?

Back when he was in Dallas, it was a more rambunctious place in the original stadium.

The stadium now can get loud, but a lot of season ticket owners sell their tickets(to recoup the price) to the highest bidder which makes some home games almost split 50-50 depending who is in town.

Also, due to the price of tickets now, it's people that can afford tickets and they are more laid back(IMO).

Back
Top Bottom