Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny just indirectly Insulted miami fan base

Dave W was a terrible coach but what he said is absolutely true. The stadium sparsely has Miami fans, Miami fans donnot travel and dont organize things to get good press like charity donations the way bills fans do, Miami is not a popular team nationwide and hasnt been to the super bowl in 3 and a half decades (and they dont look like theyre going anytime soon), and you never see miami fans ever really rep their team. Now, that said, I think the only thing that matters is success on the field. I will take a super bowl win while having the least popular team over any other scenario.

Agree. The biggest mistake in pihns history was Wayne letting Jimmy pick his successor.

It was an epic unrelenting sh**storm until Flores was hired
He inherited talent as well. A competent coach could have led that team to a super bowl

Dave W was a terrible coach but what he said is absolutely true. The stadium sparsely has Miami fans, Miami fans donnot travel and dont organize things to get good press like charity donations the way bills fans do, Miami is not a popular team nationwide and hasnt been to the super bowl in 3 and a half decades (and they dont look like theyre going anytime soon), and you never see miami fans ever really rep their team. Now, that said, I think the only thing that matters is success on the field. I will take a super bowl win while having the least popular team over any other scenario.
I feel Dolphin fans travel fairly well.

The fact that the team hasn't been very good in a very long time is valid.

The main problem is that south Florida is full of transplants. LA has the same issue, but the LA transplants are usually younger and embrace it.

I feel Dolphin fans travel fairly well.

The fact that the team hasn't been very good in a very long time is valid.

The main problem is that south Florida is full of transplants. LA has the same issue, but the LA transplants are usually younger and embrace it.
The difference between LA and Miami fans is the LA area went without a team for years and fans in LA have rooting interest with other teams because of this fact. The Dolphins have been in Miami since 1966 and many of the fans of the team from the early years have died or moved to other areas of the state or country.
As you noted, many of the NFL fans in the South Florida area are transplants from other areas of the country. While they might now make South Florida their home, they still root for the teams they rooted for prior to moving to Florida. For years I knew at least 35-40 people who sat around me at the games because we were in the same seats and rooted for the Dolphins year after year. Over the last 15 years I attended games, that group slowly diminished and eventually I was surrounded by more and more fans of the opposing team.

Other than Green Bay and maybe a couple other places, demand and the strength of fandom in the NFL waxes and wanes with success. I'm sure most people would say the Steelers have amazing fans. Well, I caught a few games at Three Rivers as a kid in the late 80s when Chuck Noll was over the hill and the Steelers weren't that good. It was pretty easy for my dad to get tickets and the place wasn't exactly packed. But sure, when you regularly make the playoffs for a couple decades you build a hardcore following.

What a bad ride it was when the Stach was in town. Totally incompetent from start to finish and left the franchise in a mess that they still have not got back to where it was when he took over.
Hard to believe its been so long just looking for a HC that can right the ship.

I rep the fins everywhere i go! From Montana, living in Mississippi.

Back
Top Bottom