Want to keep Grant now. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to keep Grant now.

It's not just his cost, it is the spot he takes on the roster. While he has good speed he also is very suspect at ANY given time to muff a kick return or drop a big play. When a guy is 50/50 to make a decent play or cause a turnover/drop a TD pass.....he is a liability.

It's not just his cost, it is the spot he takes on the roster. While he has good speed he also is very suspect at ANY given time to muff a kick return or drop a big play. When a guy is 50/50 to make a decent play or cause a turnover/drop a TD pass.....he is a liability.
The "roster spot" is key in my assessment, much moreso than the money, though there's merit to cap savings, given the circumstances, as well.

The "roster spot" is key in my assessment, much moreso than the money, though there's merit to cap savings, given the circumstances, as well.
I feel fans need to catch up faster with the rebuild. We have turned the roster so fast it's mind blowing. Just 2 years ago we had guys off the street, we were giving away roster spots. And now, those 53 are going to be HARD fought for!

I feel fans need to catch up faster with the rebuild. We have turned the roster so fast it's mind blowing. Just 2 years ago we had guys off the street, we were giving away roster spots. And now, those 53 are going to be HARD fought for!
I agree, many ppl have become used to the bottom of the roster being so irrelevant that there is room for fan favorites out of loyalty or simply liking the person.

Those days are, hopefully, over.

I like Jakeem, but at this point his lone value as a punt returner is not enough to warrant a spot.

As has been pointed out, the statistical difference between him, and an "average" returner is not that much.

Last edited:
Grant and his wife and kids are awesome people. He’s a fantastic special teams guy with the ability to score at anytime. I personally wish he provided more as a receiver.

But when you look at how much Miami is paying him and the added talent to the roster. Logic doesn’t support him being on the roster come opening day.

11.4 yards per punt. NFL average is about 7. So. 4.4 yards per punt extra times 29. Not much different than just a guy.
That’s crazy. 11.4 is not JAG territory. Since the Jurassic period, anything over 10 put you in the pro bowl conversation. Dude, that’s some serious 63% above average. Wow.

If you look at all time punt return leaders based on average yards per return, 11.4 (if he averaged that every year) would make him the 14th best PR in NFL history. That’s not a JAG - nice attempt at fuzzy math. Your “11.4 isn’t much more than 7.0” is like saying the average rate of lung cancer is 1 per 1,000 people. If you bake in the sun all day it’s 3 per 1,000 people. The net difference of “2” isn’t much. Cmon.

Last edited:
That’s crazy. 11.4 is not JAG territory. Since the Jurassic period, anything over 10 put you in the pro bowl conversation. Dude, that’s some serious 63% above average. Wow.

If you look at all time punt return leaders based on average yards per return, 11.4 (if he averaged that every year) would make him the 14th best PR in NFL history. That’s not a JAG - nice attempt at fuzzy math. Your “11.4 isn’t much more than 7.0” is like saying the average rate of lung cancer is 1 per 1,000 people. If you bake in the sun all day it’s 3 per 1,000 people. The net difference of “2” isn’t much. Cmon.

He’s fantastic in that department. Problem is not at his current salary.

i keep grant over albert wilson, wilson opted out while grant put in the work, grant is a hard working team player regardless of his suspect hands...so im ok if grants the last wr and special teams guy for at least 1 more year

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
P Williams
Bowden
Grant

if grant is gone im fine with it too, he hasnt been effective as a wr but id cut albert wilson outright for opting out...grant showed up to work everyday while albert wilson was floating in his pool sipping ****tails

I'll be down with what Flores decides.

I like Grant and he has flipped the field and had a positive impact on games. But he doesn't offer much as a wide receiver.

Back
Top Bottom