Watch This Sick Route By Stills That Was Wide Open For A Td That Never Happens... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch This Sick Route By Stills That Was Wide Open For A Td That Never Happens...

I think Tannehill took an extra beat to make sure his eyes held the safety in the middle, It he really did take too long. This is one of my main concerns with Tannehill. He rarely anticipates throws.

Yes, I can see worrying about the safety drifting over, but if you throw it early and more on a line, the safety wouldn’t have time to get over the top anyway.

Agreed, I thought the same thing, the pocket was messy tho

Looks like a primary read off motion. Shouldn’t take much anciticpation. Back foot hits hitch once and rip it but he takes multiple hitches almost like he’s gearing up to throw that ball cause he can’t off one or even two hitches get it out there.

Looks like a little bit of lack of faith in his arm. We can’t hitch 3 times to throw that.

Looks like a primary read off motion. Shouldn’t take much anciticpation. Back foot hits hitch once and rip it but he takes multiple hitches almost like he’s gearing up to throw that ball cause he can’t off one or even two hitches get it out there.

Looks like a little bit of lack of faith in his arm. We can’t hitch 3 times to throw that.

Brees,Brady and RIvers throws a high arching ball about a second earlier anticipating stills route based on db's leverage, Mahomes throws that with the same timing as Tanny but he gets it off cause his feet don't have to be fully set to launch it. Not a negative on Tanny considering the pocket, but there are QBs that make that play.

Last edited:
Brees,Brady and RIvers throws a high arching ball about a second earlier anticipating stills route based on db's leverage, Mahomes throws that with the same timing as Tanny but he gets it off cause his feet don't have to be fully set to launch it. Not a negative on Tanny considering the pocket, but there are QBs that make play.

There are A LOT more that don’t!

I’m not sure Tannehill with his busted arm could have made that throw.

Certainly pre-injury we’ve seen that connection to Stills.

Shame!

Based on the corners leverage that ball should of been thrown after Stills faked inside anticipating he would be open, Hitching and hesitating just makes the throw that much harder.

Based on the corners leverage that ball should of been thrown after Stills faked inside anticipating he would be open, Hitching and hesitating just makes the throw that much harder.

Agreed. I think it’s arm related more than anything else. That safety location off the motion says rip it.

And hes trying to climb and build distance when he does throw it vs a fully healthy rip once that back foot hits or first hitch forward

So here’s my gripe. If there is arm limitation there on that ask don’t call that route combo do something else.

Unless he ripped those things in practice all week and gase green lighted it. Which is possible I suppose

Yeah that’s not a difficult ask. With a fully healthy arm and a good one.

Which Tannehill has. A good one when fully healthy

A healthy Ryan does make that throw because of arm talent, but I'd like him to anticipate that better. Brees,Brady and Rivers have weaker arms and are making that throw, seeing that safety they're probably shortening the drop to get it off also.

A healthy Ryan does make that throw because of arm talent, but I'd like him to anticipate that better. Brees,Brady and Rivers have weaker arms and are making that throw, seeing that safety they're probably shortening the drop to get it off also.

Hard to change a qbs mindset to match his arm in one week or one game even.

Agreed, hopefully Falk and/or a 2019 draft pick with have the ability to anticipate and not have to see a WR open before throwing it.

You missed my point. Some guys compensate lack of arm with other things guys that have arms rely on them on things like this. I don’t think he lacks anticipation here I think he’s just trying to compensate for his arm which he’s never had to.

At any rate it’s something to watch these last 5 games

The problem I have is why did Tannehill step forward when everything collapses in front of him. He drops 4 yards and then steps forward. The pressure from the back happened after he stepped forward.
On those deep routes which require time to develop I see QB always drift further backwards when the pocket collapses or drift sideways. In his case if he makes another two steps back he is clear to throw.
All it does it shows real bad pocket presence by Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom