Watching The Viking On Mnf | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching The Viking On Mnf

Totally agree that the key this week is our own D and our running game. Our D-line has to beat that Oline hard and often. I think Quinn and Wake match up really well against their tackles, but our interior has to get a push to help them out. On offense I don't think our Oline can win against that Dline, especially in pass pro. So it's all about what Frank Gore can find in the seams. It's going to be real tough.

Kirk Cousins left the Redskins and was a coveted, savior, franchise QB that got a three year $84 million fully guaranteed contract.

"Dolphins QBs" (Ryan Tannehill is the only one I care about) is trashed, crapped on, and needs to be kicked to the curb and replaced by anything with a pulse according the "fan base."

That's the only reason I brought it up. I couldn't care less about Kirk Cousins.

Kirk Cousins is a better quarterback than Tannehill.

In your opinion, my friend.

I disagree.

Cousins' career has been better than Tannehill's and that's a fact. Cousins has a higher completion percentage, TD percentage, INT percentage, YPA, and QB rating than Tannehill does in his career.

Cousins' career has been better than Tannehill's and that's a fact. Cousins has a higher completion percentage, TD percentage, INT percentage, YPA, and QB rating than Tannehill does in his career.
But he wasn't on the Dolphins and Tannehill wasn't where Cousins was.

There's the rub. What would Cousins numbers look like if he were here the entire time?

It's my opinion he isn't half as tough as Tannehill, so he might be out of the league by now.

There were also 5 sacks of Ryan. That's 45 plays for 34 points. Patriots ran 75 plays.

Yeah couldn't believe them numbers when I'd seen them after the game. It's a massive issue under Gase's reign where we're consistently end up with twenty or more plays less than our opponents as the moment we get behind the sticks be it a run for a loss, sack or penalty Gase plays to punt, that combined with our defence's bend mentality. Makes you wonder how sustainable our points per play output is which could explain why we either win close games or get blown out.

But he wasn't on the Dolphins and Tannehill wasn't where Cousins was.

There's the rub. What would Cousins numbers look like if he were here the entire time?

It's my opinion he isn't half as tough as Tannehill, so he might be out of the league by now.

Cousins has been my fantasy QB for 3 years now, I've watched him plenty of times and him and Tannehill are actually quite similar. First of all, he's horrific on the road but tends to be great at home. But he is pretty weak under any kind of pressure. One huge thing Tannehill has going for him though is momentum as Cousins has been awful for 2 straight weeks while Tannehill has been excellent when not being sacked after missed assignments. Like others have said Wake and Quinn will need good games. Cousins will so rattled on Monday he didn't even target Theilan once in the first half

Please look up the word 'fact' and use it correctly in future posts. It'll save all of us a crap load of time.

Yeah couldn't believe them numbers when I'd seen them after the game. It's a massive issue under Gase's reign where we're consistently end up with twenty or more plays less than our opponents as the moment we get behind the sticks be it a run for a loss, sack or penalty Gase plays to punt, that combined with our defence's bend mentality. Makes you wonder how sustainable our points per play output is which could explain why we either win close games or get blown out.

FYI, this is mostly because our defense can't get off the field. When the opposing team is converting third downs over and over again with the clock running, it shortens the game for the opposing team. This is reason #1 why Matt Burke must go.

FYI, this is mostly because our defense can't get off the field. When the opposing team is converting third downs over and over again with the clock running, it shortens the game for the opposing team. This is reason #1 why Matt Burke must go.

It certainly plays a part and the offense isn't blameless either but fact of the matter is we can't have consistently ten to twenty less plays than our opponents.

The 3rd down conversion allowed by Dolphins supports that view. However the plays allowed and ran points more to the offense being the issue.
The NFL average is 63 and your defense is allowing 64 but your offense is only running 54. In the Patriot game they did allow 75 plays and 28 first downs so that was definitely an issue by the defense. Offense scored quickly reducing the number of plays run in that game. Both units need to work together to ensure we run more plays than the opposition going forward.

Back
Top Bottom