Watson could still be in play for Miami | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson could still be in play for Miami

Good luck with that. Maybe that was the pre-allegations price, that's just no longer remotely possible.

This from NFL.com today;

Sources say the price is high for a player of his caliber, and should be. It'd likely take at least three first-round picks and more, per Pelissero.

Good luck with that. Maybe that was the pre-allegations price, that's just no longer remotely possible.

Yep. The Texans are trying to sell high when the situation is at a sell low point. ESPN reported the Texans say they have been 'underwhelmed' by trade packages offered.....that's because at this point value is low due to the off field issues. There is certainly a possibility that he doesn't play in 2021, which is the only year on his contract that is below market $.

Yep. The Texans are trying to sell high when the situation is at a sell low point. ESPN reported the Texans say they have been 'underwhelmed' by trade packages offered.....that's because at this point value is low due to the off field issues. There is certainly a possibility that he doesn't play in 2021, which is the only year on his contract that is below market $.
If the NFL hasn't gotten involved still, and Watson's disposition isn't until the end of the year. I think he will play this year, and then depending on how the case plays out either with a settlement or whatever, the NFL will THEN issue punishment.

Has he actually shown? Any pics of him. I'm really curious how this is being handled by Houston.

Hou is trying to get out at 10 pennies on the dollar before it gets to 5 pennies on the dollar

20-21 cases he is not ducking this one and they certainly have investigated

Houston is still selling on Watson's potential and not his reality. They are wanting teams to perceive Houston has weathered the marketing storm and it is all behind them.

Any team that buys Watson right now will have to deal with paying for value he cannot deliver to a team. In this day and age, Watson's social value is in the gutter.

Different circumstances, but Watson is in need of a rehab contract much like Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles. He has cost himself hundreds of millions of dollars.

I can't help but wonder what Tua would look like in 2-3 years if we did get and start Watson. An Aaron Rodgers type of situation for Tua could really help the kid considering the hurdles he has to overcome.

Then when Tua is no longer in his rookie contract, we pay him and we trade Watson. Restock our draft capital with a couple #1's and we continue to be competitive.

I don't think there's any denying the fact that with our upgraded offense, an Elite QB and our current defense we could go deep into the playoffs. It's really a huge ask to think Tua can go from what he was last year to Elite status in just one off season, I don't think it's possible really. I do think Tua would be greatly improved, just not improved to the Elite category.

This was just speculation and I am not actively advocating for a deal like this, just wondering what we would look like...
Our offense isn't that upgraded. We've added an injury prone WR and an early first round pick that history shows is as likely to contribute very little as a lot. We also added a plodding power back who will help a bit situationally but won't really change the outlook of the running game. Am I missing something?

There's also no chance that a deal for Watson from us doesn't include Tua.

Our offense isn't that upgraded. We've added an injury prone WR and an early first round pick that history shows is as likely to contribute very little as a lot. We also added a plodding power back who will help a bit situationally but won't really change the outlook of the running game. Am I missing something?

There's also no chance that a deal for Watson from us doesn't include Tua.
Speculation is fun right?

I think our O'line will be much better, the WR's room is significantly better (just having Fuller's speed opens the field for Parker, Waddle, Wilson, Williams) and with a better Oline our RB's will be more than adequate. So yes, I think you're missing a few things and our offense will be much improved this season.

I also think we could keep Tua and use X and Brissett for a player trade with some picks.

For the record I doubt any of this will happen but it is intriguing!

Now he's facing 10 criminal complaints. You Watson nut huggers still want to trade for this guy?

Now he's facing 10 criminal complaints. You Watson nut huggers still want to trade for this guy?
It keeps getting better. So many going to be disappointed again.

Loving this.

A small dose of reality...

If Watson did not have all of these issues, he would be holding out of camp and waiting for his next team and, consequently, playing for his next large contract.

As it sits his advisors might be telling him to get his butt to practice and not get fined. He's gonna need all the cash he can get for the mounting litigation he is facing.

I know it sounds drastic, but with the fines, suspensions, lawsuits, social fallout and any other potential legal implications.... his career is in serious jeopardy.

He better start worrying whether or not he sees the field again.

While I am not advocating a trade I also can't ignore that all 10 of these complaints were filed by 10 of the 22 woman all represented by the same ambulance chasing nut job.

While I am not advocating a trade I also can't ignore that all 10 of these complaints were filed by 10 of the 22 woman all represented by the same ambulance chasing nut job.

That's not accurate:
Eight of the women, according to Hardin, are among the 22 women who have alleged in lawsuits that Watson sexually assaulted them or engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

...So there are two women filing a criminal complaint that aren't part of the Buzbee suit.

Tell that to the resident Tua nut-hugger.

Back
Top Bottom