Watson could still be in play for Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson could still be in play for Miami

If they trade for Watson, it will make it very hard to root for this team. Not saying that our team is a bunch of saints, but what this guy allegedly did to so many women is very disturbing. He should be suspended indefinitely.
Not just women.

Every time I massaged him he tried to get me to go for the hamhock.

I guess I missed why people think that Watson’s situation is going to be resolved quickly. This isn’t one of those times where no (new) news means everything is blowing over. He has over 22 civil lawsuits filed against him. The chance that they are all thrown out is slim to none. Likewise, the chance all 22 women agree on terms for a settlement is slim to none. Particularly if there are women who don’t want money and only want him to admit what he did (or didn’t do). Watson has to protect his image if he wants to be a franchise QB. It may end up taking a significant amount of time for this all to be resolved one way or another. It simply doesn’t feel like any team is going to make a trade for him with the expectation he will play week 1 (or even at all) this year. I have no doubt our staff respects Watson as a football player, but I don’t see how he fits on the team we are trying to build.

Miami not out on Watson just yet https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/10238446

Pro Football Network's Adam Beasley reports the Dolphins "would still consider trading for" Deshaun Watson if his legal issues are resolved.​

Damn, beat me to it.
My phone popped a news flash. And I was planning to open a news thread once got home.

The reason NFL is so quiet, they knew there is nothing much in the allegations.

I'm certain that Grier is constantly updating the Watson saga. No position is more important on the field than the QB position, and young, star QB's do not become available almost ever. With a young, star QB, this rebuild would be complete. Watson's upside is far higher than Tua's, and his production level is currently far higher than Tua's, so from a football standpoint, of course a GM will look into what it would cost. Doesn't mean we're trading for him though. Without the baggage ... we might not be able to afford Watson.

But, with the baggage it might alienate some of the fan base. Then again, after 33 domestic abuse cases in 3 years at Denver the Dolphins still traded for Brandon Marshall and many of the fanbase fully embraced him. So, who knows ... it could happen.

Even if the Dolphins made the trade, when could Watson actually play?

Wouldn’t the NFL keep him out at least until his legal troubles were over with, and then suspended him on top of that.
Fast. Those civil settlement always have wages garnishment condition. Those women want him back to work ASAP.

Last edited:
I absolutely think FloCo has interest.

To what degree is the question.

I truly believe FloCo will bring in whoever they think will give the the best chance to win. Period. Whether I agree or not.

I would not be happy giving up X, Tua and our first for him. That sucks.
Why? X is as good as gone regardless. Tua is a distraction if we have DW. Then an only one first....where do I sign up?

Did you miss the fact that Watson is currently involved in multiple sexual assault accusations? Did you miss the fact that character is huge with our current GM and coach? It would be FAR from a smart move to make, IMO. You’re just grasping at straws at this point.
Did you miss the fact that after months of hooha, there still no criminal charges?
Did you miss the fact that the character is your thing, and it has nothing to do with reaching super bowl?

Come on….. Really? How many ****en times are we gonna go over this same stupid bullshit?

Mods….Can we please merge this thread with the 78 other “Trade for Watson” threads?

Let everyone get it out of their system and then I'll move it

Not like there is much real football to talk about before camp starts anyways brother Zim

:shrug:

Did you miss the fact that after months of hooha, there still no criminal charges?
Did you miss the fact that the character is your thing, and it has nothing to do with reaching super bowl?

Brother Dan when he saw this thread

Hard GIF by memecandy

:p

I just don't get it....

Its okay for our fanbase to love and request we bend over and pay a known woman abuser but its not ok to go to a rub and tug?????

X's character is absolutely that of a trash human being. Watson is just a horn ball. Both are sick individuals but i don't find it cool to bash on Watsons character and then go to bat for Howard.

Talk about a double standard!

Back
Top Bottom