We Are All Omar | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are All Omar

I grew dreads once
images

O423014-66476.jpg

site_28_rand_599894976_battlefield_earth_627.gif

Love to hate the guy, ridicule his pessimism, barf at his bloviating. However, when the Dolphins play a game, even a preseason game, something happens in the midst of it. A missed block, a poor angle, a pass off target. The coaches don't coach how we want, the RB's take a wrong hole, the LB's fill the wrong gap. There's this change comes about us. Like a full moon, causing a lycanthropian shapeshift to our very being. We become what we hate and revel in the madness of it's wake. We become Omar.
I am not Omar.

I am Negan.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I brush my teeth and see Omar looking back

As much I as I dont like to listen to the guy...u cant say that what he says about the team right now isn't happening right before our eyes. It sucks man. Yes its preseason. But its preseason for the other team too. And they always out perform us.

Sportswriters are in general are editorialists, most of the regular newspaper and in any media News in general must deal in facts. But sports watching and reporting is very much opinion unless you're just doing a recap. Beat writers and guys who have global bylines in sports are just writing editorials. Most of you are right anyone can watch a game and with a decent degree can write a sports article because its subjective to the person, just like many posts in a thread here . Sports writers have just as many hot takes on Twitter or in articles that are as cringe worthy as any post in a game thread. Some here can even get in the technical aspects of any given play explain why a player missed a tackle or why a play gained 30 yards or why a run was stuffed. But why they get paid for it is because they can get it all on a page that is both a bit of prose and in a comprehensible fashion but they are not infallible because again it's a subjective piece. I will say this Omar knows his stuff, but its his combative delivery is what irks the fanbase and i live in the NY/NJ metro area possibly the media capital of the known universe, no beat writer or byliner writes in this fashion about any team here and they have ample opportunity with the Mets/jets/Nets. They deliver the good and the bad with a honest approach to the suckdom but they don't try to hammer the faithful about how stupid they are, or how they don't understand why the team is losing and they only have the answer. Omar tends to fashion himself as a dime store Steven A. Smith and no one like that guy either at least anyone with a functioning IQ. Omar is hyper abrasive for no reason but he can give insights to the Dolphins because he has better access so don't dismiss all his writing he may throw out plenty of copper but if you know what to look for you can get a pearl here and there.

TLDR Yes he is a king size ahole but you can still get something out of the prick every once and awhile

I can’t stand when people base their opinions only on the last thing they saw when the body of work tells them otherwise.

I agree. But it is not applicable. The body of work is what we are seeing and frustrated with.

Surprises would be wonderful.

im not gonna argue race, i just wanted to point out omar has an agenda and it shows in his writing and tweets...he has a pompous attitude too like he knows more than the coaches...like i said he portrays his own biased opinions as facts, like alot of posters around here do...ill read his tweets if someone posts them here but i never go to his twitter and give him clicks...hes an attention whore and i cant wait till he gets a job as an o-line coach and stops "reporting" on the dolphins. Since he likes reporting his opinions as facts maybe he can get a job at cnn.

Maybe fox news would be a better fit

Incredibly gross concept made worse by the fact that the bozo will read it.

Best thing I ever did (Fins Fandom related) was to stop reading or following anything Omar! Dude is immature, has no guiding philosophy and frankly has no right to be covering the Dolphins. I wish his bosses would see that. In today's polarized political landscape, there is probably more scope for him that arena and he may actually attract a decent following given his obvious to all beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom