We are desperate for a back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are desperate for a back

First off, that initial statement is not even close to accurate. No one is regretting passing on any RBs except maybe James Robison, who I was a fan drafting.

CEH has proved to be pretty average so far, in terms of return for a first round pick. Wouldn’t even consider drafting him if I could redo it. And that’s coming from someone who LOVED CEH all last season as a draft target, never that high though.

Miami will need at least one new starting OL in 2021, whoever that is takes precedent over RB.

Theres going to be more mid round talent at RB this year. There will be a glut of guys in the 50-100 range.
I can't see Oline be a bigger priority than RB in the next off season. Our starting 5 have done a good job this season and now Hunt did a good job in his first game starting. We are missing a play making RB. I like Gaskins and even Breida who for some reason they're not using enough but we need to draft a RB in 2021 and it has to be ahead of yet another lineman.......of course this is just my not so expert opinion.

I can't see Oline be a bigger priority than RB in the next off season. Our starting 5 have done a good job this season and now Hunt did a good job in his first game starting. We are missing a play making RB. I like Gaskins and even Breida who for some reason they're not using enough but we need to draft a RB in 2021 and it has to be ahead of yet another lineman.......of course this is just my not so expert opinion.

It’s not necessarily about bigger need, it’s about return on investment.

No question we need to upgrade the RB position I just can’t see a big investment being made right now when our future QB hasn’t even stepped foot on the field yet.

The returns on investment at RB are really low in general. The “scores” come in finding mid round gems.

The OL is NEVER complete. We could use a future stud center and there is one that could be a strong target for us in the teens.

I’m looking at what SF, Baltimore and Tennessee did last year on the strength of their OL and running game and I’m using that as my model

Get familiar with the names Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis), Journey Brown (Penn State) and Kylie Hill (Miss st). Gainwell opted out of the season after a few of his relatives died of COVID and his already established talent as a 3rd/4th rounder. These are the kinds of backs I believe we will be looking at and if for no other reason than if you hit on them, they won’t be as hard to re-sign.

Najee Harris, Travis Etienne and Chuba Hubbard I believe are all better prospects than any back in this years rookie class so who knows which tailbacks would be available to us in the second round. I wouldn’t be upset if we ended up with one them.

Last edited:
We can quibble over the word desperate, but we need an impact running back pretty bad, particularly a bell cow. If you don’t see that, you are painting too rosy a picture. We need playmakers in the draft, on both sides of the ball. If we come out of the draft with Parsons, Najee Harris, an explosive receiver, and a pass rusher, we’d be on our way.

We can quibble over the word desperate, but we need an impact running back pretty bad, particularly a bell cow. If you don’t see that, you are painting too rosy a picture. We need playmakers in the draft, on both sides of the ball. If we come out of the draft with Parsons, Najee Harris, an explosive receiver, and a pass rusher, we’d be on our way.

Agree. There is a difference between badly wanting one NOW as opposed to in the draft

Every area of the roster could be improved during the draft, and I agree that RB and LB are probably the weakest groups. None of the groups are weak enough to ignore taking the BPA. If that happens to be a RB, then that is awesome.

Gaskin and Breida are good enough for now.

Clearly Miami is regretting passing up on backs late in round 1 and round 2. They threw it at Bell and he said no. At least we know. We know that if we cant make a trade this season, that’s a priority next year via draft or free agency. Has anyone heard of any potential trades? I admire Mia for trying and seeing the vision on a two year deal , with Tua on the backend of the deal. I also admire that Miami feels (left up to debate) that they need a piece to elevate their
Offense and how strategically (intermediate) they think they are close. Could Miami be in position for AJ Green?

Well Miami couldn't address every need in one draft and they did go after Brieda during the draft.
I surmise that it was not a higher priority than depth on the lines entering the draft. Regretting that vs having a functioning offensive line since how long? I doubt there is ANY regret.

More fantasy football nonsense. Keep building the offensive and defensive lines until they are elite, then worry about finding playmakers.
if you're gonna wait till both lines are "elite" then you'll never draft any skill players. You need a god Oline yes, but you win SB's with play makers .Our Oline right now it's looking the best it has this century. It's now time to add play makers and make a run for it.

if you're gonna wait till both lines are "elite" then you'll never draft any skill players. You need a god Oline yes, but you win SB's with play makers .Our Oline right now it's looking the best it has this century. It's now time to add play makers and make a run for it.
Our line isn't even as good as it was back in 2016. Sure it's much improved, but our run blocking has still been bad. I get you as far as the "wait until elite" part as I was exaggerating, but my point still stands.

I would say our Oline is average at best (still a HUGE jump from last year) and our Dline needs serious help.

I don't think Miami is as desperate for a RB this year, as some may think.

Miami right now I believe are top 15 in scoring, and other then the 1st game against the Pats (And, If not for that atrocious non pass interference call, would have again been over 20 points in NE also), have scored 23 points or more.

They are generating points without much of a running game, so unless some great opportunity at a premier back presents it's self, I don't think Miami should panic or blink until next year in the 2nd round.

1a. Parsons (Pass-Rusher, Elite Receiver)...Come on Texans, lose!!!

1b. Elite Receiver (Pass-Rusher, Powerback, Center).

2a. Powerback (Center, Pass-rusher, Receiver).

2b. Center (Pass-Rusher, Receiver).

Last edited:
All you have to do is look around the League to find tons of teams regretting their 1st round RB's.

There are too many to even mention.

And yet the drum beat for wasting high picks on the position continues.

Try to learn from experience guys.

All you have to do is look around the League to find tons of teams regretting their 1st round RB's.

There are too many to even mention.

And yet the drum beat for wasting high picks on the position continues.

Try to learn from experience guys.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom