We Are Going To Lose! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

I am sorry guys, I really am but I had to say it. There are too many people on this board jinxing the heck out of us this week...

Trust me I know it is hard to contain the excitement of this team's success. I hate to say it but I have found myself just a little happier than I usually am, and I think it partly has to do with the Dolphins winning (sad I know).

We have all mostly grown less cautiously optimistic, as each week has gone by with each win. But now we have reached the pinnacle of the hype, our real test is in front of us, and all of you guys are saying we are going to ace it. Well guess what? The test is a lot harder than the quizzes we have just taken.

For this reason, I must tell you that this train might be coming to a halt, and its because our biggest roadblock is up ahead. This is a MUST WIN game for the Patriots, they have their backs to the wall, and they are going to come out on fire.

Do I think we can win this weekend? Most certainly. Do I think we are going to win? I think the chances are highly improbable. A win in Foxboro this weekend, something that rarely happens, would mark a change in Dolphin culture, and may be the beginning of the demise of the Patriots as AFC east kings.

Go Phins!!!

Percentages lay in Pats favor no doubt for good reason. We have a hard time keeping the offense on the field and getting the defense off the field. We are seeing lots of IR on defense as a result. Not sure what Gase can do to fix this quickly.

Percentages lay in Pats favor no doubt for good reason. We have a hard time keeping the offense on the field and getting the defense off the field. We are seeing lots of IR on defense as a result. Not sure what Gase can do to fix this quickly.

Very rational observation sir. I do think we are the best we have been since Gase has been here, and they are the worst they have been since Gase has been here.

I dont actually think we are going to lose assuredly, I just wouldnt be too salty with a loss against a desperate Pats team.

I think if we beat them then that is a sign we have made drastic improvements.

I am sorry guys, I really am but I had to say it. There are too many people on this board jinxing the heck out of us this week...

Trust me I know it is hard to contain the excitement of this team's success. I hate to say it but I have found myself just a little happier than I usually am, and I think it partly has to do with the Dolphins winning (sad I know).

We have all mostly grown less cautiously optimistic, as each week has gone by with each win. But now we have reached the pinnacle of the hype, our real test is in front of us, and all of you guys are saying we are going to ace it. Well guess what? The test is a lot harder than the quizzes we have just taken.

For this reason, I must tell you that this train might be coming to a halt, and its because our biggest roadblock is up ahead. This is a MUST WIN game for the Patriots, they have their backs to the wall, and they are going to come out on fire.

Do I think we can win this weekend? Most certainly. Do I think we are going to win? I think the chances are highly improbable. A win in Foxboro this weekend, something that rarely happens, would mark a change in Dolphin culture, and may be the beginning of the demise of the Patriots as AFC east kings.

Go Phins!!!

This is the chance you hope for...a chance to bury the Patriots dynasty.

No time for negativity!

Please read the thread and then answer like you know what you speak of, I was responding to someone who criticized my points, and was just going back to them.

What is asinine? Thinking you can beat any team. What else is asinine? Thinking you have no deficiencies just because you havent lost a game. I find it funny how you didnt mention to attack my points as to why this team could be in trouble you just generally told me point was asinine. My point was that we are far from the best team in the league, or a complete team, and there are better teams in the NFL than the Miami Dolphins.

All the team we could lose to easily if our offense ****s the bed like in game 1 and 2...
The chiefs ...
The Eagles...
The Patriots...
The Ravens...
The Steelers...
The Rams...
Jaguars...
Saints....
Panthers...
Vikings...

Even Tampa Bay could beat us if we pussyfoot around...

Get off your delusional high horse.

You seem to have skimmed or not really comprehended my post. You say we are far from the best team in the league and offer a list of supposed better teams, but based on what? At this point, not enough games have been played to know this information. Your list is conjecture and bias. You believe the Dolphins are a weak team, that’s fine, but it doesn’t make it true. Let’s look at your list:

Chiefs: worst defense in the NFL
Eagles: barely beat the Colts and lost to the Bucs
Patriots: have only beaten the winless Texans
Ravens: playing well
Steelers: hardly a powerhouse so far. 1 win over TB
Rams: most complete team in the NFL so far
Jaguars: have beaten two weak teams so far this season and have lost to the Titans, a team Miami has beaten
Saints: competing with KC for worst defense all time
Panthers: a good win vs the Bengals, loss to Atlanta and a win over Dallas
Vikings: a tie with GB, loss to the Bills

From this list, The Rams, Eagles and Ravens seem solid. Aside from that, the rest have huge problems and just as many questions as the Dolphins. I have been a fan for a long time and have been let down plenty by this team, so I understand being reserved about them, but stop trying to discount the team as though they can’t be good and everyone else is better. It just isn’t true, and a real judgement can’t be made until the season is past the midway point.

From this list, The Rams, Eagles and Ravens seem solid. Aside from that, the rest have huge problems and just as many questions as the Dolphins. I have been a fan for a long time and have been let down plenty by this team, so I understand being reserved about them, but stop trying to discount the team as though they can’t be good and everyone else is better. It just isn’t true, and a real judgement can’t be made until the season is past the midway point.
I think that's the real issue on this site. There are a number of people that have created accounts, claiming to be fans of the Dolphins, but they're really just here to troll.

I think that's the real issue on this site. There are a number of people that have created accounts, claiming to be fans of the Dolphins, but they're really just here to troll.

You might be right. Personally, I believe they might be fans but they hate RT and have invested so much capital in this hatred, that they would rather see the team lose than be proven wrong. My point is simply that the Dolphins are playing well right now and NE is not. I predict a Miami win. If I am wrong, it still doesn’t erase the first three games of the season, and if we are losing everything at the halfway point, then we can say we are an average or below average team. Up to that point,though, just enjoy the wins and dare for a little optimism. Who knows, maybe we are actually a pretty good team!

You might be right. Personally, I believe they might be fans but they hate RT and have invested so much capital in this hatred, that they would rather see the team lose than be proven wrong. My point is simply that the Dolphins are playing well right now and NE is not. I predict a Miami win. If I am wrong, it still doesn’t erase the first three games of the season, and if we are losing everything at the halfway point, then we can say we are an average or below average team. Up to that point,though, just enjoy the wins and dare for a little optimism. Who knows, maybe we are actually a pretty good team!

LMAO... I have been a phin fan since a child during the Marino days and I actually like Tannehill. Just because you guys think he is the best QB in the league apparently, doesnt mean I need to agree with any of your delusional thoughts on him or this team. I have a right to point out the glaringly obvious.

You people are merely guilty of group think and are trying to ostracize the little semblance of realism that remains.

Go ahead and keep thinking that people who have different ideas than you are wrong merely because they do not agree.

I never said the Dolphins sucked, I just said we have deficiencies, and that there is a strong chance we could lose, and you ladies lost your little titty cacas.

They just posted a thread of Matt Burke saying "we stink" because of our 3rd down conversion rate on defense, something I have mentioned in this thread, about the offense and defense, but you people are still flaming me because I said the same thing, and more. Sad... and here come the justifications.

...I never said the Dolphins sucked, I just said we have deficiencies, and that there is a strong chance we could lose, and you ladies lost your little titty cacas...
That's not what the thread title says.
And get over yourself. Taking a negative view isn't exactly the new frontier at Finheaven.

Don't we usually play the Patriots on their home field when it's cold, really cold?

If the answer is yes, then it's one less factor in their favor for this game, isn't that correct?

Have we played better football so far this year then the Patriots?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then any previous history is relatively meaningless and WE ARE LIKELY TO WIN!

I hope this approach helps you get over any lingering negative thoughts you might have about this upcoming game.

GO PHINS!!!

LMAO... I have been a phin fan since a child during the Marino days and I actually like Tannehill. Just because you guys think he is the best QB in the league apparently, doesnt mean I need to agree with any of your delusional thoughts on him or this team. I have a right to point out the glaringly obvious.

You people are merely guilty of group think and are trying to ostracize the little semblance of realism that remains.

Go ahead and keep thinking that people who have different ideas than you are wrong merely because they do not agree.

I never said the Dolphins sucked, I just said we have deficiencies, and that there is a strong chance we could lose, and you ladies lost your little titty cacas.

They just posted a thread of Matt Burke saying "we stink" because of our 3rd down conversion rate on defense, something I have mentioned in this thread, about the offense and defense, but you people are still flaming me because I said the same thing, and more. Sad... and here come the justifications.

No one thinks Tannehill is the best QB in the league, we all know the Dolphins have deficiencies, and we're a 7.5 point dog going into Foxborough, so nothing you're saying is either true or groundbreaking. I just don't see why you're surprised or judgemental of the responses you're getting.

You stepped on the front stage of a fan forum to tell everyone we're probably going to lose a game we've lost every year for the last decade or so when in reality we have the best shot at winning it this week as we've had in quite some time. What did you expect?

:chuckle:

Very rational observation sir. I do think we are the best we have been since Gase has been here, and they are the worst they have been since Gase has been here.

I dont actually think we are going to lose assuredly, I just wouldnt be too salty with a loss against a desperate Pats team.

I think if we beat them then that is a sign we have made drastic improvements.

I definitely agree about your last paragraph

Expecting the worst but always hoping for the best. Regardless of the outcome, I’ll be here Monday not to bury the Dolphins, but to look forward to next week.

Go Phins!!!
Sounds like that little boy from A League of Their Own.

Back
Top Bottom