We Are Going To Lose! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

I keep hearing this, but is it really true? Miami beat a hated division rival who is greatly improved and playing a QB we had almost no film on. We beat a playoff team from last year. We beat Oakland, which everyone wants to dismiss as a bad team, but are they? They lost to this year’s consensus best team in the NFL, and to their biggest division rival (in a game they should have won), and to us. Are we really THAT untested?

Sorry, but no need to hype up opponents who started a rookie, traded away a premier pass rusher or a team oline being decimated. Miami has won games, they should. They are relatively healthy and have certain players with high end skillsets that are currently being exploited.

Sorry, but no need to hype up opponents who started a rookie, traded away a premier pass rusher or a team oline being decimated. Miami has won games, they should. They are relatively healthy and have certain players with high end skillsets that are currently being exploited.

Sooo he shouldn't hype up our opponents but you should downplay them? Makes sense. I could do the same thing with the 1-2 Patriots, or any team not named the LA Rams.

The strength of Oakland has never been their defense ie: Khalil Mack. Just as the Titans offense has never been their strength, their defense has. The Jets? We played them in their own house, one of the most hostile environments in the NFL.

We're 3-0, period. The other 29 teams in the NFL wish they were too. How we rationalize that is only a projection of how we feel about our own Dolphins. Teams get tested every week, when they aren't ready, they get punched in the mouth. I don't care who the opponent is.

Sooo he shouldn't hype up our opponents but you should downplay them? Makes sense. I could do the same thing with the 1-2 Patriots, or any team not named the LA Rams.

The strength of Oakland has never been their defense ie: Khalil Mack. Just as the Titans offense has never been their strength, their defense has. The Jets? We played them in their own house, one of the most hostile environments in the NFL.

We're 3-0, period. The other 29 teams in the NFL wish they were too. How we rationalize that is only a projection of how we feel about our own Dolphins. Teams get tested every week, when they aren't ready, they get punched in the mouth. I don't care who the opponent is.

Oakland defense unable to get ANY qb pressure is a big ****ing deal. You would think as a Phin fan you would understand that.

Tennessee running game was a TOP 10 unit in 2017. And yes their offense set the tempo.

And the Jets....seriously?

Again, these are teams in 2018 they should beat.

Oakland defense unable to get ANY qb pressure is a big ****ing deal. You would think as a Phin fan you would understand that.

Tennessee running game was a TOP 10 unit in 2017. And yes their offense set the tempo.

And the Jets....seriously?

Again, these are teams in 2018 they should beat.

Funny thing is I guarantee all the fans on the Titans boards, Oakland boards, and Jets boards were saying the same thing about the Dolphins until we beat them. Maybe even some afterward.

My point isn't registering. All you're doing is downplaying the opponents the same way someone else can hype them up. Do I think we played world-beaters? No....to say we haven't been tested and disregard our wins as us just doing what was expected by us is just wrong. Most fans didn't see us going 3-0 and I bet you didn't either.

I honestly think we win this game. From top to bottom we're a better team with much better athletes. The Cheatriots do have Brady, which does amount to a lot, but in the past it wasn't just Brady that beat us. We would often beat ourselves by playing undisciplined football. Not playing smart football for the four quarters has cost us these games in the past, but we're a different team. We're faster and we're smarter in all phases! I'm really looking forward to us going in and playing a sound football game, ultimately, walking out of Gillette stadium with the W! #FINSUP

I decided to check our record in Foxboro yesterday. We won in 2008 when Brady was out for the year, 2006 when they had playoffs locked up and Brady didn't play long, before that it was 2000 with Drew Bledsoe at QB. I hope we can get a win on Sunday, but I was SHOCKED that we haven't beaten Tom Brady in Foxboro. :(

Funny thing is I guarantee all the fans on the Titans boards, Oakland boards, and Jets boards were saying the same thing about the Dolphins until we beat them. Maybe even some afterward.

My point isn't registering. All you're doing is downplaying the opponents the same way someone else can hype them up. Do I think we played world-beaters? No....to say we haven't been tested and disregard our wins as us just doing what was expected by us is just wrong. Most fans didn't see us going 3-0 and I bet you didn't either.

3-0 is great. I love it. 1PM games at home in September is great. Knocking out a QB and top Olineman and DB helps ones chances. But a win is a win. I have to hand it to the Fins. Anyone can win any Sunday and they’ve won 3. It’s the NFL and anything can happen. All well and great. I just want to see them beat someone who’s playing well to rank them among the elite teams. They beat 3 teams that didn’t play well. Miami’s D has something to do with that too, but those teams haven’t put up points against other teams either (except NY week 1). Quality of teams they play is important too is all I’m saying.

Eventually you either live up to expectations, or you don't. This current Phin team is building on those expectations and winning games in past years even under Gase they would play down to their opponents and lose.

The difference between how I view this season and maybe yours, is one game at a time and improve each week. Taking each opponent for what they are worth. Oakland is in the midst of a early season tail spin, Tennessee and that running game hasn't materialized thus far this season...and the Jets are stuck in neutral having to deal with the ups and downs that come with a rookie starting QB.

Expectations. Either you have them or you don't, to date the 2018 Miami Dolphins are surpassing preseason expectations but still have alot of room to grow before December.

3-0 is great. I love it. 1PM games at home in September is great. Knocking out a QB and top Olineman and DB helps ones chances. But a win is a win. I have to hand it to the Fins. Anyone can win any Sunday and they’ve won 3. It’s the NFL and anything can happen. All well and great. I just want to see them beat someone who’s playing well to rank them among the elite teams. They beat 3 teams that didn’t play well. Miami’s D has something to do with that too, but those teams haven’t put up points against other teams either (except NY week 1). Quality of teams they play is important too is all I’m saying.

In total agreement there brotha

Eventually you either live up to expectations, or you don't. This current Phin team is building on those expectations and winning games in past years even under Gase they would play down to their opponents and lose.

The difference between how I view this season and maybe yours, is one game at a time and improve each week. Taking each opponent for what they are worth. Oakland is in the midst of a early season tail spin, Tennessee and that running game hasn't materialized thus far this season...and the Jets are stuck in neutral having to deal with the ups and downs that come with a rookie starting QB.

Expectations. Either you have them or you don't, to date the 2018 Miami Dolphins are surpassing preseason expectations but still have alot of room to grow before December.

I totally agree - again - we haven't played world-beaters. But we've taken what our schedule has given us and frankly I think we've performed well overall in every facet of the game. It's not like we're playing miserably and eeking out wins, ya know?

1-0 on Sunday man, and I think we actually match up great with the Pats.

Hold up on that...Miami lost Suh and Landry in the offseason, enough to make all the pundits proclaim they would be the worst team in the NFL. They have lost a critical OL for the season, a critical safety for the last game, and are missing their number 1 WR for the first two games. We also are starting a quarterback that missed a full season and a quarter. You want me to weight the victories against the opponents based on their deficiencies, but aren’t giving Miami the same benefit.

Miami was expected to lose all three of those games, yet they did not. I believe the same thing will happen in NE.

At this point in the season I have Miami ahead of the bottom 7 in the AFC and behind the top 7 in the AFC...

Which 7 teams in the AFC are better than Miami? Show your work. I would LOVE to read this.

Absolutely can't wait to see how many 1 win teams you think are better than Miami. Let me guess, you got Cleveland in there, right?

Back
Top Bottom