We Are Going To Lose! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

Funny thing is I guarantee all the fans on the Titans boards, Oakland boards, and Jets boards were saying the same thing about the Dolphins until we beat them. Maybe even some afterward.

My point isn't registering. All you're doing is downplaying the opponents the same way someone else can hype them up. Do I think we played world-beaters? No....to say we haven't been tested and disregard our wins as us just doing what was expected by us is just wrong. Most fans didn't see us going 3-0 and I bet you didn't either.
If we had lost you better believe he'd be on the miami sucks again bandwagon.

I am sorry guys, I really am but I had to say it. There are too many people on this board jinxing the heck out of us this week...

Trust me I know it is hard to contain the excitement of this team's success. I hate to say it but I have found myself just a little happier than I usually am, and I think it partly has to do with the Dolphins winning (sad I know).

We have all mostly grown less cautiously optimistic, as each week has gone by with each win. But now we have reached the pinnacle of the hype, our real test is in front of us, and all of you guys are saying we are going to ace it. Well guess what? The test is a lot harder than the quizzes we have just taken.

For this reason, I must tell you that this train might be coming to a halt, and its because our biggest roadblock is up ahead. This is a MUST WIN game for the Patriots, they have their backs to the wall, and they are going to come out on fire.

Do I think we can win this weekend? Most certainly. Do I think we are going to win? I think the chances are highly improbable. A win in Foxboro this weekend, something that rarely happens, would mark a change in Dolphin culture, and may be the beginning of the demise of the Patriots as AFC east kings.

Go Phins!!!

If we had lost you better believe he'd be on the miami sucks again bandwagon.

Funny thing is I think we arent that great already and we are 3 and 0. Our offense sputters at time, we are horrendous on 3rd down, Tannehill loves to hold the ball, we are several injuries away from disaster on defense. Just because one is a fan does not mean they should ignore the obvious, if you think Miami can beat any team in the NFL just because they are 3 and 0 til this point you are being delusional.

Funny thing is I think we arent that great already and we are 3 and 0. Our offense sputters at time, we are horrendous on 3rd down, Tannehill loves to hold the ball, we are several injuries away from disaster on defense. Just because one is a fan does not mean they should ignore the obvious, if you think Miami can beat any team in the NFL just because they are 3 and 0 til this point you are being delusional.
Yeah, us and literally everyone else

Do you watch other football games with the same critical eye as you do the fins? Because highlights are great but every qb blows it at times, every offense sputters, and every team is a few injuries away from disaster.

Serious question.

Do you watch other football games with the same critical eye as you do the fins? Because highlights are great but every qb blows it at times, every offense sputters, and every team is a few injuries away from disaster.

Serious question.

Might be serious but it is also asinine and patronizing.

If you think that we are a great team, a top 3 team in the league just because of our record, and that we can't be beat, that our offense is efficient, that our 3rd down efficiency rating on 3rd down isnt a problem that could seriously hinder us against top 10 teams, then I don't care how many football games you have seen, you just dont know **** about this topic.

Serious answer.

And no I don't watch any other games ad nauseaum like I do the Phins, and I am not nearly as critical of them because I dont know their circumstances, but I do know ours. For you to stand there and say that our offense has been good these last 3 games is sad, and untrue. They had a good game last week, but the other games have all been won by our defense.

At halftime in the Oakland game, the announcers were making fun of our stats and were quizzically wondering out loud how we were still in the game. Now I know we won the game, but dont act that 3 wins and 0 losses means we are perfect and can beat anybody on any day anywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, us and literally everyone else

I guess lack of depth is what wins football games in the NFL. All the teams that are one injury away from disaster usually arent too good, so you are making my point for me. If Kiko goes down, we are done, if RT goes down, we are done, if Xavien Howard goes down, we are done, If Tunsil or any lineman goes down, we could be done-so.

I am not saying this is why we are bad, but this is the reason, why this season is still a toss up. You people need to come back down to earth and need to stop trying to crucify me because I won't join in on your homer circle jerk with my take on reality.

If you think that we are a great team, a top 3 team in the league just because of our record, and that we can't be beat, that our offense is efficient, that our 3rd down efficiency rating on 3rd down isnt a problem that could seriously hinder us against top 10 teams, then I don't care how many football games you have seen, you just dont know **** about this topic.

Serious answer.

I’m sorry, but your response is way over the top here. This thread has nothing to do with every other team in the NFL, it has to do with whether or not we believe the Dolphins can beat the Patriots at home. That is it. No one has said this team is the best in the league or can’t be beaten. That was you, and that was asinine.

Since you are opining on the Dolphins vs the “top 10 teams”, I would just ask who the “top 10” teams actually are? I am really curious who you put in that list and why? Yes, the Dolphins have weaknesses, but so does every other team. Here is a list of power rankings from the 4 letter network based on flaws, should you wish to analyze a bit:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24785984/nfl-power-rankings-fatal-flaws-all-32-teams-2018-week-4

I’m sorry, but your response is way over the top here. This thread has nothing to do with every other team in the NFL, it has to do with whether or not we believe the Dolphins can beat the Patriots at home. That is it. No one has said this team is the best in the league or can’t be beaten. That was you, and that was asinine.

Since you are opining on the Dolphins vs the “top 10 teams”, I would just ask who the “top 10” teams actually are? I am really curious who you put in that list and why? Yes, the Dolphins have weaknesses, but so does every other team. Here is a list of power rankings from the 4 letter network based on flaws, should you wish to analyze a bit:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24785984/nfl-power-rankings-fatal-flaws-all-32-teams-2018-week-4

Please read the thread and then answer like you know what you speak of, I was responding to someone who criticized my points, and was just going back to them.

What is asinine? Thinking you can beat any team. What else is asinine? Thinking you have no deficiencies just because you havent lost a game. I find it funny how you didnt mention to attack my points as to why this team could be in trouble you just generally told me point was asinine. My point was that we are far from the best team in the league, or a complete team, and there are better teams in the NFL than the Miami Dolphins.

All the team we could lose to easily if our offense shits the bed like in game 1 and 2...
The chiefs ...
The Eagles...
The Patriots...
The Ravens...
The Steelers...
The Rams...
Jaguars...
Saints....
Panthers...
Vikings...

Even Tampa Bay could beat us if we pussyfoot around...

Get off your delusional high horse.

I guess lack of depth is what wins football games in the NFL. All the teams that are one injury away from disaster usually arent too good, so you are making my point for me. If Kiko goes down, we are done, if RT goes down, we are done, if Xavien Howard goes down, we are done, If Tunsil or any lineman goes down, we could be done-so.

I am not saying this is why we are bad, but this is the reason, why this season is still a toss up. You people need to come back down to earth and need to stop trying to crucify me because I won't join in on your homer circle jerk with my take on reality.
Which is it-several injuries or one?

Which is it-several injuries or one?

Have you ever heard of arguing semantics???... look it up.

One injury at multiple positions, making it several injuries that could happen individually, that could cripple this team. To be honest, it needless to say that multiple injuries could cripple a team, because that is true no matter what team it is about. The 1972 Dolphins couldnt have won if the whole team got injured, for you to assume I meant that is ridiculous and a lazy analysis of my words. I didnt know I had to grammatically spoon feed you people concepts of logic to make you understand simple notions.

Hold up on that...Miami lost Suh and Landry in the offseason, enough to make all the pundits proclaim they would be the worst team in the NFL. They have lost a critical OL for the season, a critical safety for the last game, and are missing their number 1 WR for the first two games. We also are starting a quarterback that missed a full season and a quarter. You want me to weight the victories against the opponents based on their deficiencies, but aren’t giving Miami the same benefit.

Miami was expected to lose all three of those games, yet they did not. I believe the same thing will happen in NE.

Expected by who?

Here's what I'm saying, Miami has won 3 games they should win, based on what they did starting in WK 1. Those players from WK 1 have continued to build on those expectations because of what they are doing well...now.

DVP isnt a one.
When you bring older linemen into the fray, history in Davie seems to repeat itself.

FYI, I see Miami winning this week based on NE having some serious problems in personnel right now. But Miami will need to score 30+ and when up, cant let up.

No INTs at crucial times and the defense to maintain a consistent edge.

My personal expectations based on what I see right now.

I even expect the NE game plan to heavy run sets this week.

Serious answer.

And no I don't watch any other games ad nauseaum like I do the Phins, and I am not nearly as critical of them because I dont know their circumstances, but I do know ours. For you to stand there and say that our offense has been good these last 3 games is sad, and untrue. They had a good game last week, but the other games have all been won by our defense.

At halftime in the Oakland game, the announcers were making fun of our stats and were quizzically wondering out loud how we were still in the game. Now I know we won the game, but dont act that 3 wins and 0 losses means we are perfect and can beat anybody on any day anywhere.

Could’ve saved the ranting and raving and just said no, which I guess you eventually got to.

And I literally said nothing that you mentioned in your first paragraph of tantrum-esque dribble.

are we a great team? No. We haven’t earned that or played like it.

Are we a top 3 team? lol yea didn’t say that either and I won’t bother addressing the other statements you seemed to have pulled out of thin air.

FYI , Our offense has been good, buddy. Considering it was against a few good defenses. And we’re playing complimentary football with a few dynamo playmakers in Grant & Wilson.

Don’t get so offended when people defend their football team, ya know, the one you decided to make a thread declaring us losing this week.

You want to talk about our 3-0 team that has been playing bad yet you’re positive we’re losing to a team that’s been playing FAR worse. Ok nice consistency in your analysis.

Bring something better to the table.

Have you ever heard of arguing semantics???... look it up.

One injury at multiple positions, making it several injuries that could happen individually, that could cripple this team. To be honest, it needless to say that multiple injuries could cripple a team, because that is true no matter what team it is about. The 1972 Dolphins couldnt have won if the whole team got injured, for you to assume I meant that is ridiculous and a lazy analysis of my words. I didnt know I had to grammatically spoon feed you people concepts of logic to make you understand simple notions.
You should take your own advice. We aren't arguing semantics, the difference between "one" and "several" is material and significant. You said both, I was just asking which one you meant.
Most defenses can absorb one injury, pretty much none can handle several. If you're saying the Dolphins are one injury away from a bad defense, I think you're wrong. If you say several, I agree but that is true for anyone

Back
Top Bottom