We Are Going To Lose! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

They haven’t been tested yet. NE will be the closest to a real test, but I’m not buying NE right now either.
What you’re basically saying is you will decide after the game if NE was a real test or not. We lose, it’s the same old Dolphins. We win, we still haven’t been tested yet. Smart guy.

I obviously I hope we win but I have a feeling that the Patriots are going to have a few tricks up their sleeves for us. They are embarrassed how they have performed so far and Belicheck is still pissed how we whooped them in prime time the last time we played them. We need a good running game and defense needs to continue to make plays.

It's just so hard to bet against the Pats, as much as I hate them. Dont know when the last time belichick and Brady lost 3 regular season games in row. It would give us a huge advantage in the division if we won and Patriots know that. Wish this game was in south Florida instead of foxboro.

If we dont win, I will still be feeling good if it's at least a close game. This could be a statement game for us and Adam Gase if we can pull off this win. Historically this is a game we lose, but I'd rather lose this game rather tha lose against the Pat's towards the end of the season when our playoff Hope's are on the line. I think we split with the Pats again this year.
if they had some tricks, why didn't they use them during their losses this year? why save their tricks for a home game against us?

They haven’t been tested yet. NE will be the closest to a real test, but I’m not buying NE right now either.

The problem with stating that a team has not been tested is it is a lazy analysis and very abstract. Great teams win through better coaching, having better talent, grit, experience, and many other aspects of a nfl contest. As we all know, the win-loss record now does not always represent final results. It is worthless to look at strength of victory now and say we have not been tested.

All three of our previous opponents have tried to attack our expected weakness of our linebackers with the screen game. Results have been mixed. Baker, Kiko, McMillan, and Minkah have all demonstrated either speed, anticipation, or both when making good plays versus the screen. This traditional weakness of the defense is probably a push at the moment. Either way the defense screen stopping ability has been tested.

All three teams have attacked Minkah because he is a rookie. The Raiders had the best success when Minkah was playing safety. He is better in the nickel corner since he has not had dedicated time at safety. He has the skill set, but he needs more time in the box. If Jones plays, then this is a non-issue.

We have been good versus the running game except when facing beast mode. Many teams struggle against him. I am not worried that the Patriots have a dominant running back. Beast mode definitely tested our run stopping ability.

I would agree that our ability to stop a good tight end has not been tested. I thought the Raiders would let Cook go wild, but they really did not feature him. Gronkowski is going to be a test, so you have a valid argument with not tested versus tight ends.Hopefully, these examples illustrate that the Dolphins have been tested in some areas.

They’re looking bad, but I also had them winning some games they’ll probably lose throughout the year. For all the positive things I can say about the Dolphins I have negatives too.

Overall, I think they’ve been lucky with who and when they’ve played. Even going into NE the way NE is playing gives me hope, but a win or a close loss most likely won’t change my overall opinion of Miami because NE does not look good right now. Both o-line and d-line would have to look good. DVP would need to have a big game. And the running game would need to play well. Everything else would need to maintain what they’ve been doing for my overall opinion to change.

Teams are tested every week. These guys are professionals and are more than capable of taking advantage of an ill-prepared team.

It's why one week the Jags can spank the Pats and next week lose to the Titans. So don't join ranks with the ESPNGasbags and throw out lame analysis like that just for the sake of playing "not so impressed". We've all played 3 games so if we spank a team defensively then they're going to rocket down in the categories. Let's see where Titans/Oakland/Jets end up come December.

You sound like one of those guys who would throw an "I told you so" if we end up losing in the playoffs. We're playing well, better than well actually. The only team that has been manhandling opponents every week is the Rams and they're the most talented up and down roster in the league bar-none.

if they had some tricks, why didn't they use them during their losses this year? why save their tricks for a home game against us?

Desperation move at this point? Patriots know if they lose they will be 3 games behind us. Belichick will get creative, especially after they watch some film on our last game. Copy cat league. Philip Dorset will definitely get involved, he sucks as WR but like tavon Austin where they will be creative to get him more touches, same for Sony Michel. As long we dont leave Gronk wide open, I'm ok if we get beat by James white and etc.

And the trick plays may not come at all if we are getting killed but if it's close, I expect some trickery.

What you’re basically saying is you will decide after the game if NE was a real test or not. We lose, it’s the same old Dolphins. We win, we still haven’t been tested yet. Smart guy.

No different than anyone else thinking NE isn’t playing well right now

Teams are tested every week. These guys are professionals and are more than capable of taking advantage of an ill-prepared team.

It's why one week the Jags can spank the Pats and next week lose to the Titans. So don't join ranks with the ESPNGasbags and throw out lame analysis like that just for the sake of playing "not so impressed". We've all played 3 games so if we spank a team defensively then they're going to rocket down in the categories. Let's see where Titans/Oakland/Jets end up come December.

You sound like one of those guys who would throw an "I told you so" if we end up losing in the playoffs. We're playing well, better than well actually. The only team that has been manhandling opponents every week is the Rams and they're the most talented up and down roster in the league bar-none.

I’m absolutely that guy. I make a prediction, I defend it and if the record and stats support it at the end of the year then I’m going to. Why? Because I’ve been slammed for months for my opinions.

Yeah, everything points to New England. No doubt. But, man would it be something if Miami came away with the win.

I go into every game thinking that the Dolphins CAN win. There’s nothing I’ve seen from the Patriots over the first three weeks that tells me they are substantially better than the Dolphins. Yes, they have Brady and Belichick. I get it.

Was anyone impressed with how they played against the Lions? Jaguars? Texans?

I think this game is a toss-up. Protect Tannehill and hit Brady early and often, and the Dolphins will win this game.

I’m absolutely that guy. I make a prediction, I defend it and if the record and stats support it at the end of the year then I’m going to. Why? Because I’ve been slammed for months for my opinions.

So are the Jags bad or are the Titans good? Help me out here trying to decide which teams have been tested.

So are the Jags bad or are the Titans good? Help me out here trying to decide which teams have been tested.

Can’t just use matchups. Despite wins/losses after 3 games, the Jags are a very good playoff team. Likely 11-5. Titans and Miami are evenly matched. I have them both at 8-8.

We Are Going To Win!
I honestly think we’re gonna win easily..
Living up here, I’ve seen all 3 of the Pats games so far, and quite frankly, they blow..

That’s what I’m beginning to think too. I’m thinking that the Pats have a losing record this year.

You seem like a fun guy tonget drunk with.

I am actually a horrible human being but I have great in game analysis.

I find it funny that your name is Locke, because I have always felt like a Marx myself.

P.S. - I am having a great time reading these replies. I knew I was going to get flamed but you guys actually have really good points.

Back
Top Bottom