We Are Going To Lose! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

Fair enough. But when in the Belichick era have the Patriots lost three in a row? Maybe never? That's some historical context that is worth considering. I'm just being realistic. I think our team has some great potential, but are we at the point where we take down NE in NE? Not sure. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

When was the last time the Patriots were the 25th ranked offense? Just sayin...

Fair enough. But when in the Belichick era have the Patriots lost three in a row? Maybe never? That's some historical context that is worth considering. I'm just being realistic. I think our team has some great potential, but are we at the point where we take down NE in NE? Not sure. I certainly hope I'm wrong.
lost 4 straight in 2002, ended up 9-7

Just out of curiosity, how are these looking now?

Because I guarantee you didn't have us at 3-0 through the first 3 weeks.

They’re looking bad, but I also had them winning some games they’ll probably lose throughout the year. For all the positive things I can say about the Dolphins I have negatives too.

Overall, I think they’ve been lucky with who and when they’ve played. Even going into NE the way NE is playing gives me hope, but a win or a close loss most likely won’t change my overall opinion of Miami because NE does not look good right now. Both o-line and d-line would have to look good. DVP would need to have a big game. And the running game would need to play well. Everything else would need to maintain what they’ve been doing for my overall opinion to change.

They haven’t been tested yet. NE will be the closest to a real test, but I’m not buying NE right now either.

I believe the Dolphins win this. NE is vulnerable right now, while Miami is on the rise. The press is still largely disrespecting the Fins, so there is nothing there to create overconfidence. Miami has speed on offense, Quinn on defense and Howard. Brady has Gronk and that’s about all.

Bigger to me than the players and how they match up is what I saw from Brady in the Lion’s game: resignation to defeat. Brady never showed intensity, never showed confidence, and looked defeated well before the final minutes of the game. It was palpable.

There is a rift in NE, now is the time to exploit it.

They haven’t been tested yet. NE will be the closest to a real test, but I’m not buying NE right now either.

I keep hearing this, but is it really true? Miami beat a hated division rival who is greatly improved and playing a QB we had almost no film on. We beat a playoff team from last year. We beat Oakland, which everyone wants to dismiss as a bad team, but are they? They lost to this year’s consensus best team in the NFL, and to their biggest division rival (in a game they should have won), and to us. Are we really THAT untested?

I believe the Dolphins win this. NE is vulnerable right now, while Miami is on the rise. The press is still largely disrespecting the Fins, so there is nothing there to create overconfidence. Miami has speed on offense, Quinn on defense and Howard. Brady has Gronk and that’s about all.

Bigger to me than the players and how they match up is what I saw from Brady in the Lion’s game: resignation to defeat. Brady never showed intensity, never showed confidence, and looked defeated well before the final minutes of the game. It was palpable.

There is a rift in NE, now is the time to exploit it.

Absolutely! The Pats are drowning and it’s time to go in for the kill. If we beat them at home, their season is done. 41 yo Brady will realize that he made a mistake by not retiring.

I imagine Gase is NOT allowing the team to get overconfident for this one. I also imagine he's processing all the possibilities that could happen, but trying to not over-think this game. You can bank on B&B having a special something to try to attack us early. Last year they just they just came out and crushed our spirit early in Foxboro by feeding Gronk for a ridiculously quick TD. If I were Bill B. I'd try to have something different up my sleeve for the first offensive possession. We need to be ready for anything... You can bet Gase has something ready to unleash on them as well. Whichever team is able to respond better to the challenges will probably win. In the NFL, tho... you have the refs to contend with, and of course lady luck. Even these things can be overcome as we showed vs. the Raiders. I honestly can;t get a real feel for this one so far. Last week, I could feel we were going to win even when we were down. This week feels like it could go either way. I guess we have to hope for the best. Avoid costly mistakes. We have a chance.

If they realize the potential of what this win means, maybe it can spark something in them to just refuse to allow anything to stop them. If they can show that kind of guts in a game like this and find a way to win I think we can finally say the Dolphins are turning a corner.

I love the positive vibe everybody has now. I think we have a good chance Sunday, but if we don't win hopefully all positive feelings don't turn into a meltdown. A win would be great, along with getting out of the game without injuries. We can' keep having injuries every game. We are not deep. Plus next man up only goes so far.

I keep hearing this, but is it really true? Miami beat a hated division rival who is greatly improved and playing a QB we had almost no film on. We beat a playoff team from last year. We beat Oakland, which everyone wants to dismiss as a bad team, but are they? They lost to this year’s consensus best team in the NFL, and to their biggest division rival (in a game they should have won), and to us. Are we really THAT untested?

Look at Miami’s opposing team’s stats vs the rest of the NFL. They’ve played teams that are below avg to near the bottom of the league in many offensive and defensive categories.

I've got a linebacker who hasn't washed his jockey strap in two years...because he thinks flies are lucky!

I obviously I hope we win but I have a feeling that the Patriots are going to have a few tricks up their sleeves for us. They are embarrassed how they have performed so far and Belicheck is still pissed how we whooped them in prime time the last time we played them. We need a good running game and defense needs to continue to make plays.

It's just so hard to bet against the Pats, as much as I hate them. Dont know when the last time belichick and Brady lost 3 regular season games in row. It would give us a huge advantage in the division if we won and Patriots know that. Wish this game was in south Florida instead of foxboro.

If we dont win, I will still be feeling good if it's at least a close game. This could be a statement game for us and Adam Gase if we can pull off this win. Historically this is a game we lose, but I'd rather lose this game rather tha lose against the Pat's towards the end of the season when our playoff Hope's are on the line. I think we split with the Pats again this year.

Back
Top Bottom