We Are Going To Lose! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

Jinxes are for children and witches....although I have been known to get a little superstitious during games. LOL

The NFL is about match-ups and looking up and down the roster, we match up well with the Pats for the first time in a long time. The ultimate team sport is also about teamwork and attitude.

What we are seeing from Miami is a culture shift. It's not a culture change just yet but it's on the right path.

Dolphins locker room: Players are having fun and love their head coach.

Patriots locker room: Their two best players are feuding with the HC/GM. Gronk is disillusioned with the failed trade. Tom is growing tired of dealing with Bill and his ways.

Belichick the coach will always be a formidable opponent. Bill the GM's is dealing with his own ego that is taking control by thinking he can plug anyone in to the system and make them perform. We saw an outpouring of talent and an influx of failed moves.

Since 2012, the team has drafted 22 players in the first three rounds. Twelve are still with the team (Wynn, Michel, Dawson, Derek Rivers, Cyrus Jones, Joe Thuney, Vincent Valentine, Malcom Brown, Jordan Richards, Geneo Grissom, Duron Harmon, Donta Hightower).

Of those, Hightower and Harmon are two that you would say have been vital players to the Patriots success. To a lesser degree, Thuney and Malcom Brown.

Among the 10 who are gone, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan and Chandler Jones are ones who also had strong impacts.

So that’s six out of 22. And only two of those impact guys remain.
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...und-pick-isaiah-wynn-out-season-torn-achilles

This is not a sustainable recipe for success. Especially when you have a 41 year old QB.

Last edited:
That's because most Dolphin fans are cynical has heck and we're waiting for the roof to cave in.

I'm trying not to get excited about this game...really, really trying. I'm having a hard time but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Not many wins at Foxborough over the last 20 years for anyone. I am happy to see that the Dolphins don't believe the "end has come" narrative. There will come a day when the Pats can't answer the bell, I doubt it's this week.

On paper when the season started, this was the hardest game of the year. It always is. We should not expect a victory. Just because the Pats had a couple down games, they’re 1-0 at home this year, and they still have to play Buffalo and NY twice.

A victory for the Fins here would give us reason to celebrate for sure. If we lose, it’s definitely not the end of the world.

Well said. We are playing with house money this week but that's not a reason to accept an L. We gotta show up and let them know when they come to Miami they have no chance. And if we miss a FG in the first half or a dropped pass in the 2nd leads to a turnover on the next play, a 3,4,5,6 or 7 point loss isn't going to make me start getting ready for the 2019 draft sooner (He said as if his input matters in player selections)

When was the last time we went into a game knowing we could lose and still have a 1 game lead on the entire division?

Play loose, ignore the noise both good and bad, let the chips fall where they may.

Everyone knew the dynasty was coming to end and frankly I am a little upset it took this long for competence to reign in South Florida.

I think they will lose as well, but I'm fine with it so long as they still put up a good performance. If they play the Pats hard and come up short, no shame in that. It will signify that the team is for real. If they get trounced in NE, like they would usually in prior years, then I think perhaps the first 3 games were a bit of a mirage.

Bottomline: PLAY WELL

This is exactly how I feel. Unfortunately if we lose and play a good game, many finheaven posters will go into "everybody sucks/I told you so" mode and the national media will be in I told you so mode about the fins as well. Both ridiculous but inevitable. We'll probably even be lucky enough to hear from some posters we haven't heard from since the offseason, WEEEEEEEE!

Is that guy related to a rat? WTH. ANyways i was screaming off the top of my lungs when that play happened.

Last edited:
We will win this game if we shut Gronk down.

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-pi

I Pray that this will be a true representation of yourself soon.

I suspect that it has been for the last three games. :dead: :lmfao: :ice: :)

Win or lose, the Dolphins should still have a good game. What's important is how they play and what kind of game the Patriots must endure. Play them hard, make them earn it, and keep them nervous.

Also, I don't give a #$% how many decades it's been since Dan Marino and the winningest team in the NFL. I'm a proud fan of the Dolphins, and I'll keep expecting a good game no matter what who says.

YES!!!

My biggest concerns going into this season was the DT play. So glad I have been proven wrong thus far. Those DT's are getting it done. I think we have more TFL's by the interior through 3 weeks than we did with Suh last year thru 3. Of course I haven't checked the numbers.

Jinxes are for children and witches....although I have been known to get a little superstitious during games. LOL

Jinxes yes, but the football gods, that's a whole different story.....and appreciate the OP's attempt to appease them.

Back
Top Bottom