We Are Going To Lose! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

I don't have much confidence that we will get a win versus a 2-in-a-row loss Patriots in Foxborough. We haven't won there in ten years, so it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism. I'll be pleased if we put up a good fight, win or lose.

It is unfounded skepticism!

By using a history that is not associated with our current Head Coach you put yourself in an untenable position for saying "it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism". Any history, past Adam Gase being here as Head Coach, is simply a historic footnote and has NO RELATIOSHIP to the current performance of todays MIAMI DOLPHINS. NONE!!!

You may be haunted by pre 2016 Dolphins football, but neither Adam Gase nor his team are.

Every game in the NFL is tough. Some teams play better then other teams in any given game. For proof, look at the standings in the NFL so far in 2018! Show me where you predicted any of it right and any that your predictions did not "pan out" for. That seems to me to be a fair way to test the reliability of your "it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism" comment.

Just consider how inaccurate your argument is when trying to use it with the teams the Patriots have lost to so far.

I love when someone says a game is being jinxed by what is posted. Or said. Or done.

If this board had the power to influence game outcomes, pretty sure we would have a playoff win over the past 18 years.

We'll see. I'm not confident in either outcome happenng.

Im beginning to think that a talking head's theory this AM that Belicheat is actively trying to sabotage his team cuz he resents Kraft making him trade Garropolo at Brady's insistence and is resenting Brady for that power play and allegedly bringing Guerraro back into the facility. Gotta admit some of his decisions as both HC and de facto GM are questionable like not playing Butler and trading Cooks. Hope it's true and his biggest **** you to those 2 is losing at home to us!

Well said. We are playing with house money this week but that's not a reason to accept an L. We gotta show up and let them know when they come to Miami they have no chance. And if we miss a FG in the first half or a dropped pass in the 2nd leads to a turnover on the next play, a 3,4,5,6 or 7 point loss isn't going to make me start getting ready for the 2019 draft sooner (He said as if his input matters in player selections)

When was the last time we went into a game knowing we could lose and still have a 1 game lead on the entire division?

Play loose, ignore the noise both good and bad, let the chips fall where they may.

Everyone knew the dynasty was coming to end and frankly I am a little upset it took this long for competence to reign in South Florida.

I really enjoyed this post, especially the highlighted portion.

Got to score more than 30 to win this one. Don't get it twisted.

Last week I said Miami should win, but they needed more than 24. This week they too should win, but you are going to need more points. Oh and when up by 20 at half...finish your opponent early and don't give your opponent any breathing room.

Got to score more than 30 to win this one. Don't get it twisted.

Last week I said Miami should win, but they needed more than 24. This week they too should win, but you are going to need more points. Oh and when up by 20 at half...finish your opponent early and don't give your opponent any breathing room.
EXACTLY!!

Yeah, there’s a very good chance we lose this game just based on history. And honestly that just makes it more exciting to me. The stakes are higher, the cheats are going to come out in full-on aggressive mode, and while we’ve seen good responses from our team so far this year if they’re firing in all cylinders this really will be our biggest test.
What gives me comfort is that, in spite of how worries this game has me, at the end of the week we will still be alone in first place regardless of the outcome. A loss, even a bad one if that’s how the chips fall, is nothing we can’t bounce back from.

It is unfounded skepticism!

By using a history that is not associated with our current Head Coach you put yourself in an untenable position for saying "it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism". Any history, past Adam Gase being here as Head Coach, is simply a historic footnote and has NO RELATIOSHIP to the current performance of todays MIAMI DOLPHINS. NONE!!!

You may be haunted by pre 2016 Dolphins football, but neither Adam Gase nor his team are.

Every game in the NFL is tough. Some teams play better then other teams in any given game. For proof, look at the standings in the NFL so far in 2018! Show me where you predicted any of it right and any that your predictions did not "pan out" for. That seems to me to be a fair way to test the reliability of your "it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism" comment.

Just consider how inaccurate your argument is when trying to use it with the teams the Patriots have lost to so far.

Fair enough. But when in the Belichick era have the Patriots lost three in a row? Maybe never? That's some historical context that is worth considering. I'm just being realistic. I think our team has some great potential, but are we at the point where we take down NE in NE? Not sure. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

My biggest concerns going into this season was the DT play. So glad I have been proven wrong thus far. Those DT's are getting it done. I think we have more TFL's by the interior through 3 weeks than we did with Suh last year thru 3. Of course I haven't checked the numbers.
likewise (along with LB play). DL has been a strong suit, but still need better play from Raekwon and Baker but they are puppies, so I think by the end of season, we'll see strides there.

Fair enough. But when in the Belichick era have the Patriots lost three in a row? Maybe never? That's some historical context that is worth considering. I'm just being realistic. I think our team has some great potential, but are we at the point where we take down NE in NE? Not sure. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

I agree with your post!

The difference is that you are using the Patriots history with their current coach as a predictor for future performance. You also qualified the meaning of that historical content "That's some historical context that is worth considering." by saying it may be worth consideration. Considering that it relates to their current Head Coach, it is a fair to use it in an estimation of their teams potential future performance.

My complaint with the post I responded to was that it DID NOT RELATE to our current Head Coach. How can you hold someone accountable for what they were never involved in? This is what made his statement claiming tenability bogus. Once I pointed that out, I offered a straight forward method that could be used to demonstrate the un-tenability of the way he used historical information.

It will be interesting to read any responses he may post.

Back
Top Bottom