We Are Going To Lose! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Are Going To Lose!

I understand your thought process on this but basing it on fan optimism vs. player preparedness is not something I advise...as big as a game this is for the Pats, it's equally as big in our young teams mind. You don't think they are going to be fired up too? I mean we have vets on this team that have been the Pats bit*h for the better part of a decade; but we also have some young, ****y, damn good football players who are saying "F*#K your past!! This is now!!" I am expecting it to be a rough game but I am also predicting a W won by our kicker with less than 20 seconds left...31-30 Phins...

Had them losing this game in preseason predictions. Not sure what tricks Gase has left for NE, but here are my keys to victory:

1. Pass rush. So far there’s no dominate force on the DL. Can they get to Brady or will he have time to pick them apart. DB will put pressure on Brady to make throws in tight windows and find his 3rd WR. Will need pressure and sacks.
2. Run game. Hopefully, this is the game Gase has been waiting to unleash what Drake and Gore can do.
3. Big plays. Been winning with big plays; will need to continue.
4. Convert 3rd downs, control the clock and keep it close late.
5. Minimize mistakes, penalties, and win the turnover margin

Go into every game expecting to win nothing less. Now if I were to make monetary bets then that's a different story in most games. I would still take the Phins this game. Down with NE!

Had them losing this game in preseason predictions. Not sure what tricks Gase has left for NE, but here are my keys to victory:

1. Pass rush. So far there’s no dominate force on the DL. Can they get to Brady or will he have time to pick them apart. DB will put pressure on Brady to make throws in tight windows and find his 3rd WR. Will need pressure and sacks.
2. Run game. Hopefully, this is the game Gase has been waiting to unleash what Drake and Gore can do.

Until now, I believe opponents have been taking away the run and having the Dolphins prove they can pass and win. Pass and win THEY HAVE.

Now, I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots aim to take away the pass and challenge the Dolphins to run. Of course, I think Miami has proven they can move the football on the ground whether it counts as a rush or pass. I'm inclined to believe New England will have a lot of work to do to contain this offense. Regarding the run game, though, I'll believe it when I see it. They have yet to really open up the run game for Drake and Gore -- that should happen more as teams defend against the big pass.

I am sorry guys, I really am but I had to say it. There are too many people on this board jinxing the heck out of us this week...

Trust me I know it is hard to contain the excitement of this team's success. I hate to say it but I have found myself just a little happier than I usually am, and I think it partly has to do with the Dolphins winning (sad I know).

We have all mostly grown less cautiously optimistic, as each week has gone by with each win. But now we have reached the pinnacle of the hype, our real test is in front of us, and all of you guys are saying we are going to ace it. Well guess what? The test is a lot harder than the quizzes we have just taken.

For this reason, I must tell you that this train might be coming to a halt, and its because our biggest roadblock is up ahead. This is a MUST WIN game for the Patriots, they have their backs to the wall, and they are going to come out on fire.

Do I think we can win this weekend? Most certainly. Do I think we are going to win? I think the chances are highly improbable. A win in Foxboro this weekend, something that rarely happens, would mark a change in Dolphin culture, and may be the beginning of the demise of the Patriots as AFC east kings.

Go Phins!!!

I agree fans are more optimistic, but I don't think they're "less cautiously optimistic," particularly after the poor showing against OAK and the accumulating injuries. That said, many of us think the Fins talent has improved and the Pats talent is at the lowest in a few years, thus, a BETTER chance of winning, but no lock.
Personally, I still remember too well the optimism crushed by reality over too many years and am concerned about the game. I expect BB to pull out every trick/weapon/subterfuge known to man to prevent 3 consecutive losses. I don't think it will be a low-scoring games, and if Miami wins, I don't think it will be close. IMO, this will come down to Gase and Burke. Take advantage of mismatches and keep Brady under pressure. Like you, I think Miami CAN win. I just have this nagging doubt.

I think they will lose as well, but I'm fine with it so long as they still put up a good performance. If they play the Pats hard and come up short, no shame in that. It will signify that the team is for real. If they get trounced in NE, like they would usually in prior years, then I think perhaps the first 3 games were a bit of a mirage.

Bottomline: PLAY WELL

Very well said, Skape.

I too will be in the minority that will see the immense positives if we lose a CLOSE game this week. The problem I have is that this team typically gets demolished in this type of game. A solid showing is a real reason for optimism, especially given the team's history and fact a loss doesn't relinquish first place.

Let's just lay this on the table too: If the Dolphins win, there is a real chance they could be 3 games up on anyone in the division only 4 games into the season (with a win over their biggest potential challenger). That is surprising, exciting, but also BAD BUSINESS for the NFL. There is a reason calls start magically start going towards the losing team in basketball, allowing a comeback: competition breeds fans investing dollars.

For that reason, I have no idea whether the Dolphins or Pats will play well, but I KNOW the refs are not going to be slanted in our favor this weekend. Gase and company need to tell the team that at the outset, and make it clear that a close game will likely not go their way. They have to dominate.

I fully expect New England to come out very sharp and well prepared. If Miami also comes out very sharp and well prepared then this game will be decided in the 4th quarter in a back and forth game. If NE comes out flat (not likely) and Miami gets a lead, then then I still expect NE to make their 4th quarter push and Miami will have to hang on somehow. If Miami looks disoriented early like last weekend then the game will be over by halftime.

I don't have much confidence that we will get a win versus a 2-in-a-row loss Patriots in Foxborough. We haven't won there in ten years, so it's not like it's an unfounded skepticism. I'll be pleased if we put up a good fight, win or lose.

30658157_10213271455154948_6976004955836514304_n.gif

As much as I’m enjoying this team I’m struggling to take my Phins to even cover. I just think somehow we’ll get screwed over multiple times by the officials in Foxboro.

Just out of curiosity, how are these looking now?

Because I guarantee you didn't have us at 3-0 through the first 3 weeks.

I have seen very little over-confidence on Finheaven and zero from the players
That's because most Dolphin fans are cynical has heck and we're waiting for the roof to cave in.

I'm trying not to get excited about this game...really, really trying. I'm having a hard time but I'm cautiously optimistic.

If NE didn't lose in such embarrassing fashion last week I'd say we are destined for a loss. However, it's on all on film, go check it out, they are not that good. To me, since this game is in NE, it's a total toss-up. I'd give us the edge in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom