We are rebuilding, trust me. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are rebuilding, trust me.

We may be rebuilding, but we're definitely vastly improving (or may very well have improved) from last season in my honest opinion. We have brought in A LOT of new players and coaches around here, so that's understandable why it would be considered REBUILDING. But like I said we are imrproving/improved and I wouldn't consider Divsion or playoffs out of the question this season... and I'm expecting us to be a playoff contender once again a few years from now.

Megatron said:
Ok and you can have wild expectations then, feel free.

That in itself is a sweeping generalization. I don't think they will be dominate players for a couple of years, if ever. I class dominate as multiple strong seasons by a player.

I agree, he obvoiusly wants to put a competitive team on the field. I just think we'll need more time for the new systems to be like a religion to our players like they need to be.

I agree but my point was that next year is more probable and the year after that even more so.

Your point from your original post seemed much more gloom and doom than your last line about probabilities.

Of course two years or three years from now is much more probable for Superbowl success, but there is a middle ground between "wild expectations" and "gloom and doom", my point was anything is possible with the moves he has made, I don't expect it but it won't shock me either.

Who says any of these rookies have to be dominant players to impact this football team positively? How many players ever end up being dominant?

I can think of examples of rookie classes that have helped this team a great deal.......AJ Duhe/Bob Baumhower.......Richmond Webb/Keith Simms
So I don't agree with your point.

I think new players, new improved coaches, mixed with the older players and a new and improved attitude raises the expectation levels some... Sure we're rebuilding, but there's nothing to say we can't go 8-8 or 9-7 and be still be in the playoff picture until late into the season... I refer back to the many games last year that we lost in the last minutes of the game by 7 points or less.. how many of those games do we win with our current roster and coaching staff.. i'd say 3 or 4 of them turn into wins rather than losses..

Megatron said:
Alot of people on here are very excited about this upcoming season, including myself. We have alot of new players, new coaches, new offensive and defensive systems, and a new outlook. We have the makings of a very good team down the road if it all gels.

Now the reality. We are in the toughest division in the AFC, the AFC itself is tough, the defending champs are in our division, and we have the toughest schedule in the NFL this season. Most of our pickups are stop gap vets to help us be competitive on short contracts, As good as any of our rookies are they are at least two to three years from being dominant players and our current vets will be learning new systems.

The truth of the matter is this is merely the beginning of out rebuilding process. Any hopes of a playoff apperance this year should be tempered with the understanding that there have been many changes to our team this off-season. Now I know we'll be better this year but I'm really looking forward to what shape this team will be in two years from now.

You sir are 100% correct. Those who doubt you are in denial and really have no clue what a rebuilding process is.

Good post.

Trekbiz said:
Agreed completely.

Saban CLEARLY is NOT in an all out rebuilding mode with this team.
I really have no idea what people who keep posting the same old regurgitated "rebuilding" rhetoric are coming up with this.

The FA acquisitions Saban has made show Saban is interested in winning now as well as later. A team in rebuilding mode does not bring in the amount of Veterans that Saban has at this point.

Huh? What coach would not show interest in winning now and later?? Name one please!

Obviously you have no idea what rebuilding means. A lot of the veterans we have on this team now...the so called "core" will be GONE in 2-3 years. That is rebuilding.
Rebuilding isn't a 1 year process...it takes 2-3 years to get your core players in and then you retool as needed.

painnotpleasure said:
We may be rebuilding, but we're definitely vastly improving (or may very well have improved) from last season in my honest opinion. We have brought in A LOT of new players and coaches around here, so that's understandable why it would be considered REBUILDING. But like I said we are imrproving/improved and I wouldn't consider Divsion or playoffs out of the question this season... and I'm expecting us to be a playoff contender once again a few years from now.
Most teams that rebuild get worse before they get better... we couldn't really get any worse.

We're rebuilding but have improved by retooling.

Megatron said:
And isn't lotion something you smear on your buttocks??

If your a$$ is chapped. You've been watching too many gladiator movies. You better watch out or I'll sic skeletor on you.

lotion said:
If your a$$ is chapped. You've been watching too many gladiator movies. You better watch out or I'll sic skeletor on you.

Ha ha, skeletor, oooooooooo that's a good one. Now why don't you go crawl back into Micheal Jackson's medicine cabinet where you belong.......LOTION.

BlueFin said:
Your point from your original post seemed much more gloom and doom than your last line about probabilities.

Of course two years or three years from now is much more probable for Superbowl success, but there is a middle ground between "wild expectations" and "gloom and doom", my point was anything is possible with the moves he has made, I don't expect it but it won't shock me either.

Who says any of these rookies have to be dominant players to impact this football team positively? How many players ever end up being dominant?

I can think of examples of rookie classes that have helped this team a great deal.......AJ Duhe/Bob Baumhower.......Richmond Webb/Keith Simms
So I don't agree with your point.
I thought my first post found hope in the teams future. And the whole dominace thing about the rookies was in sharp contrast to the people predicting huge things from our rookies before they've even played a down. It was a side note and not the crux of my arguement. I'm sure our rookies will be helpful to the team if they can star,t and have small contracts, all the better.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:
wow, has anyone actually looked at the picture of the buffalo in the Bills picture?? The snorting nose is under the mouth, what the hell?!
the mouth isn't even visible in the picture...

Megatron said:
It's called REALITY my friend, you should check it out sometime.

regurgitation.........urp..........

Short term deals to bring in players to replace the ones we lost. "Rebuild with the draft", sound familiar???

Sure, there Mr. Megabot, I'm the one that needs to check into some reality.

I'll stick to football and you can stick to transformers.

As someone said above, if a team is completely rebuilding you don't bring in vets that will only be good for a short period of time. You bring in all youth that have great upside but little experience. A coach knows he'll lose many games as the players learn and progress but in a couple of years, if all goes well, they'll have a great young core. On the other hand if a coach is bringing in veteran players that can help the team win immediately and hanging onto high priced players he clearly is NOT rebuilding the entire team. A team in rebuilding will purge most if not all high the high priced vets they can to free up cap space for future years.

Saban is smart enough to know that he dosen't need a complete overhall. There is enough talent on this team that it could very well be competitive enough for a playoff run IF certain peices of the puzzle pan out. Catch a clue.

Rebuilding is for teams with low talent and suck. A few teams in the NFL have been Rebuilding so to speak for the past 10 years and they still suck. Cinnci...Arizona...Cleveland...NY(Giants)...Washington...Detroit i am sure there are more. Yes 30 years ago many of these teams were dominant but not any more nor have they been for a LONG time.

I would say the Fins are more revamping then rebuilding. Cleaning up the trash left over from Wanny. Too much talent already on this team to have to rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom