We HAVE a Quarterback... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We HAVE a Quarterback...

Are you referring to Matt Moore or David Garrard?

Certainly, you aren't referring to a college WR who tried playing QB, and folded like a deck of cards in big games.

Because if that makes you sleep well at night, then you must have slept like a baby during the Chad Henne years.

Never liked the Henne pick.

All you dudes talk about is Tannehill and 19 games at QB and blah blah blah.

19 games and he was still better than Henne and his 40+ starts.

How much talent does Texas A&M have? You watch much college football?

They have male cheerleaders for God's sake.

Tannehill gets 19 starts at QB and you dudes say he's not ready to play QB in the NFL...but 19 starts is enough for you to tell that lol?

RGIII had a .500 record at Baylor.

Tannehill gets 19 starts at QB and you dudes say he's not ready to play QB in the NFL...but 19 starts is enough for you to tell that lol?

Oh stop it you.

RGIII has a .500 record at Baylor. That's almost as impressive as a starting QB having a .500 record at Duke or Vanderbilt. Expectations are much higher at A&M than Baylor. We finally drafted a qb, whether we finally have our franchise qb or not remains to be seen. Taking a QB in the 1st round is a good start.

Again, Sherman got fired from two jobs. Why should I care what he thinks? I never liked him being hired in the first place.

Heh. This seems so baseless. He had a lot of success in GB. Before his 4-12 final season, he went 53-27 in the previous 5 seasons (9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6). That's a hell lot better than whatever we've had here. Wherever he has coached his team has been an offensive force, and now he is our OC. He knows how to succeed in the NFL. His final season he had a ton of injuries including losing Javon Walker for the year in the first game of the season. He was a good coach in the college ranks but when you have a conference dominated by Texas and OU, it's tough to break through.

Simply referring to him as a coach that got fired from two jobs is flat out ignorant.

We drafted a QB.

We have a QB? Remains to be seen.
Same thing could be said tonight in Indianapolis, Washington and Cleveland. None of these quarterbacks are guaranteed success in the NFL, but they obviously have potential to be very good, otherwise they wouldn't have gone in the first round. But who knows, maybe a guy taken tomorrow or on Saturday will turn out to be the best QB in the class.

We do have a QB who is considered to have a good future in front of him. All we can do is hope he is a success.

Heh. This seems so baseless. He had a lot of success in GB. Before his 4-12 final season, he went 53-27 in the previous 5 seasons (9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6). That's a hell lot better than whatever we've had here. Wherever he has coached his team has been an offensive force, and now he is our OC. He knows how to succeed in the NFL. His final season he had a ton of injuries including losing Javon Walker for the year in the first game of the season. He was a good coach in the college ranks but when you have a conference dominated by Texas and OU, it's tough to break through.

Simply referring to him as a coach that got fired from two jobs is flat out ignorant.

I can name another coach who had those records: Dave Wannstedt. I can play this game all night.

according to Jcane's sig, its a true story and yet a cool story bro

RGIII has a .500 record at Baylor. That's almost as impressive as a starting QB having a .500 record at Duke or Vanderbilt. Expectations are much higher at A&M than Baylor. We finally drafted a qb, whether we finally have our franchise qb or not remains to be seen. Taking a QB in the 1st round is a good start.

Texas A&M

A college football powerhouse indeed.

There seems to be a misnomer about Tannehill's past. He was a high school QB that was switched to WR then back to his original position. No one knows how many starts he gets if Sherman didnt switch him in the first place. Though he only has 19 college starts the potential in him is there. It is not uncommon for a QB to only have 1-2 seasons starting as many programs use their Juniors and Seniors in that role. There are QBs that get 3-4 years experience at the college level but that doesn't equate to being successful at the next level.

Bottom line is there are numerous successful NFL QBs that got a ton of playing time in college but there are just as many who get only 1-2 years. It's to easy to compare guys against other guys, which I don't like because it means nothing, but for those who play that game look at the last guy we picked who started 4 years at a major program. Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this one has potential and was selected in the first round. Having the ability to finally develop a promising QB is gratifying. They finally took a risk.

Can't say it any better than that.

I mean, I still sort of feel that we might've overpaid by going with the 8th pick to get him but at the end of the day, I don't think he would've fallen much more than that and like you said, it feels good to get a QB that is one of the top ones in the draft and has potential.

Damn it feels good to say it that.

Fellas, say it with me.

We have a Quarterback.Yo Can I don't think tannehill runs like that lolol <sig>

Sleep well, my friends.
Yo cane I don't think tannehill runs like that lolol <sig>

Back
Top Bottom