We HAVE a Quarterback... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We HAVE a Quarterback...

Yeah, we Bills fans were all giddy, too, when the Bills drafted JP Losman in 2004 ...

This may come as a shock to some people, but the reality is that drafting a QB in the first round doesn't make him a franchise QB. Most drafts yield 1 good starting QB, mostly from the first round, and a few drafts yield none (2002, 2007). Only 2 drafts since the merger have yielded more than 2 good or better QBs, 1983 and 2004.

Of the 14 QBs taken in the top ten between 2000 and 2009, 5 have been outright busts (Carr, Harrington, Young, Leinart, and Russell) and 2 have been near-busts (as in mediocre for where they were taken): Smith and Sanchez.
Good points but none had their college coach on the NFL teams staff and that is a huge advantage. Sherman knows how many wrinkles he has around his ******* and you can't minimize that fact.

I really agree with you here.

Robert Griffin reminds me of Pat White but taller, better arm and more athletic..The facts you pointed out to me about the offense he ran in college just scream bust to me....

I feel like the Redskins owner saw this kid and thought about the buzz he would create... and when you factor what they gave up for him..its an even bigger reach.
I don't see the similarities with White unless you are speaking in terms of athleticism. RGIII has a much better arm and is very accurate downfield. I don't see a Cam Newton first year in him but I think he has the tools and desire to succeed.

I don't see the similarities with White unless you are speaking in terms of athleticism. RGIII has a much better arm and is very accurate downfield. I don't see a Cam Newton first year in him but I think he has the tools and desire to succeed.

Pat White was one of the most prolific college qb's to come out in the last few years..The zone read scheme is the new "spread" from the early 90's these qb are able to post amazing stats...Pat White did everything RGIII did in college.. Griffin is better and he projects more to NFL qb than White does thats for sure but the similarties to me are downright scary.

Pat White has never been a legitimate comparison for Robert Griffin. That wasn't my point.

Griffin is more of a Shaun King type prospect to me.

Disregarding Art Briles offense, it's the durability and injury issues that Griffin comes with that adds to his risk factor. Concussion, torn ACL, etc.

Furthermore, his lack of effective size just isn't able to compensate for his playing style... not even against pattycake Big-12 defenses. I've said before that I don't believe Griffin would last 8 games against an SEC schedule. He literally gets lifted off his feet during routine tackles. Griffin is an absolutely pure passer of the football... that isn't in question.

I don't subscribe to his quirks and antics as necessarily being the tremendous 'positive' that so many talking heads do. It's just not my style.

Tannehill's size is effective in terms of football size, and you could see it translate to the football field during his time at WR for aTm. He has enough size to absorb contact as opposed to taking the full force of every single tackle... unlike Griffin.

This has nothing at all to do with Miami drafting Tannehill, I don't operate that way. Griffin was never above Tannehill on my board at any point.

Pat White has never been a legitimate comparison for Robert Griffin. That wasn't my point.

Disregarding Art Briles offense, it's the durability and injury issues that Griffin comes with that adds to his risk factor. Concussion, torn ACL, etc.

Furthermore, his lack of effective size just isn't able to compensate for his playing style... not even against pattycake Big-12 defenses. I've said before that I don't believe Griffin would last 8 games against an SEC schedule. He literally gets lifted off his feet during routine tackles. Griffin is an absolutely pure passer of the football... that isn't in question.

I don't subscribe to his quirks and antics as necessarily being the tremendous 'positive' that so many talking heads do. It's just not my style.

Tannehill's size is effective in terms of football size, and you could see it translate to the football field during his time at WR for aTm. He has enough size to absorb contact as opposed to taking the full force of every single tackle... unlike Griffin.

This has nothing at all to do with Miami drafting Tannehill, I don't operate that way. Griffin was never above Tannehill on my board at any point.

Pat White was my comparison. Thats who he reminds me of from a college qb perspective.
and we def know that you hold no punches back when it comes to Miami.

Damn it feels good to say it that.

Fellas, say it with me.

We have a Quarterback.

Sleep well, my friends.

Oh ya.....I'm pretty happy right now....I love the pick :-)

How about Rodgers? Same type of situation, was good in college, but was thought to be too raw and thought his stats were inflated from the college system, so he gets passed by the 49ers and goes to the Packers.

Sounds a lot like Tannehill to me.

Not exactly...2005 was a weak QB draft class...Rodgers was the second best QB, Tannehill is the best 3rd QB (according to how they were drafted)....The Packers picked @ #24, Dolphins picked @ #8....Packers had a hall of fame QB (Favre) as QB, so they could afford to have Rodgers sit and learn, ....whereas we have Matt Moore and need a QB yesterday, not 2013

Of the 14 QBs taken in the top ten between 2000 and 2009, 5 have been outright busts (Carr, Harrington, Young, Leinart, and Russell) and 2 have been near-busts (as in mediocre for where they were taken): Smith and Sanchez.

So youre saying we have a 50/50 shot more or less. After the **** Ive dealt with lately here, Ill take it.

Good luck to Washington throwing bubble screens in the league.

Among us Pittsburgh Pirates fans, we call it a "five-year plan". Because every five years, everything gets turned over after becoming a complete cluster****.

Unless you're a Cubs fan, like myself. haha.

Back
Top Bottom