We HAVE a Quarterback... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We HAVE a Quarterback...

That's why I've always said to hell with that 1972 season.

You got it partially correct. To hell with the Marino years. They were incomparably worthless, a disgrace to anyone who remembered the truly great and dedicated players of the glory years, the ones who could actually be bothered to smack somebody or carry out a play fake

We've got an owner right now who defined himself early by gushing over the Marino years as if they were the peak of the franchise. No wonder he loves orange carpeting and similar fluff. The Marino era was substance free.

1972 is the single defining accomplishment in American team sport, and will grow exponentially in lore.

We may have a quarterback. He'll play his career in the most worthless home venue in the league, a glorified home/neutral site. It's fairly amusing that the greatest self-inflicted problem this franchise faces is so comfortably ignored and denied, apparently for another quarter century. We'd need Andrew Luck above Ryan Tannehill just to make up for the gap between SunLife and a typical venue. That's exaggeration, but not nearly as much as it reads. Playing in that stadium is throwing away 1.5 points per game.

I don't like Ireland. I don't think Philbin is the best man for the job. But we finally saw the Dolphins flash some balls tonight. I'm onboard. I'm happy. We have a QB.

Again, Sherman got fired from two jobs. Why should I care what he thinks? I never liked him being hired in the first place.

Because Sherman knows more about QB and offense than you ever will. Guy is a great offensive mind.

I can name another coach who had those records: Dave Wannstedt. I can play this game all night.

David W? Now we are reaching. Sherman is a good coach. I trust him more than I would ever trust someone like u when it comes to QB.

Im happy with the Tannehill pick. he's intelligent, strong arm, good mobitlity.

Just raw.

We'll see. He's got more talent than any other QB the Trifecta drafted IMO.

Henne started 4 years.. where did that get us.

Sometimes you need to think outside of the box.

I just hope that our couching staff will give him the time to develop and not just throw him into the shark pool next season...

i love to hate... but i dont hate this pick. just keep drafting qbs until you find one. draft another in the second round. seriously.

just draft qbs until you find one. this was a good start. if we are lucky he will work out.

I will always be convinced that Robert Griffin was a bigger reach in the top 10 than Tannehill.

The risk of taking a 1st round QB is not what it used to be. This was a wonderful pick.

Yeah, and San Diego had a QB in 1998, Cleveland had a QB in 1999, Cincinnati had a QB in 1999, and San Francisco had a QB in 2005, and Jacksonville had a QB in 2011, and...

Yeah, we Bills fans were all giddy, too, when the Bills drafted JP Losman in 2004 ...

This may come as a shock to some people, but the reality is that drafting a QB in the first round doesn't make him a franchise QB. Most drafts yield 1 good starting QB, mostly from the first round, and a few drafts yield none (2002, 2007). Only 2 drafts since the merger have yielded more than 2 good or better QBs, 1983 and 2004.

Of the 14 QBs taken in the top ten between 2000 and 2009, 5 have been outright busts (Carr, Harrington, Young, Leinart, and Russell) and 2 have been near-busts (as in mediocre for where they were taken): Smith and Sanchez.

I will always be convinced that Robert Griffin was a bigger reach in the top 10 than Tannehill.

I really agree with you here.

Robert Griffin reminds me of Pat White but taller, better arm and more athletic..The facts you pointed out to me about the offense he ran in college just scream bust to me....

I feel like the Redskins owner saw this kid and thought about the buzz he would create... and when you factor what they gave up for him..its an even bigger reach.

Back
Top Bottom