We May Not Be Drafting An Rb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We May Not Be Drafting An Rb

RedWhiteNBlue

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tid bit of info from one of my favorite sites. Seems to be a lot of truth about Gase loving CJ. Which he is a good back when his ankles ok.
According to Denver 7’s Troy Renck, the Dolphins backed out of a Ja’Wuan James for C.J. Anderson deal at the last second.

Why It Matters: The Dolphins want to get a between the tackles back to take some of the work off of Kenyan Drake’s plate, and Anderson has a fan in the building in head coach Adam Gase. There was some speculation that the Broncos would release Anderson or ask him to take a pay cut, but so far that hasn’t happened yet. If Saquon Barkley falls to the #5, we could see him available to the Dolphins for free after the draft.

I don't think there's a chance in hell Berkeley drops the 5 but you never know about the same thing with gas mask.

I think the Anderson talk was before they signed Gore. They're not going to stick Anderson or Gore at a 3rd or 4th running back role. At this point I'm sure they'll draft a back, question is will it be in the mid rounds or later?

If Gase loves him, then Im skeptical. See Jay Cutler

What do you mean?

Did you think Jay Cutler was signed to help Miami get back to the playoffs?

Seems more likely Cutler was signed to avoid a 2-14 season, no?

Should we have been subject to watching Matt Moore for 16 weeks? Puke at that thought.

Believe it or not coaches don't try to lose.

I thought Gase was trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat and save the season. He was still reeling from the Tannehill injury and all seemed lost. He had no faith in Moore so Cutler was the pick. I was on board with the move but Gase let the Cutler thing go on too long. Once it was apparent that he sucked he should have been yanked but that seems like a long time ago so who cares anymore. This is a deep draft for RB, we'll grab one, but not early on.

What do you mean?

Should we have been subject to watching Matt Moore for 16 weeks? Puke at that thought.

Because watching Jay Cutler was better? At the end of the day there's no difference between 2-14 with Moore and 6-10 with Cutler besides draft order.

What do you mean?

Signing Cutler at all was an issue.....signing him and blowing TEN MILLION DOLLARS for one season was a colossal issue and terrible mistake by Gase which impacts this season and personnel we had/could have had.

After the disastrous personnel decisions Gase made last year we can only hope he doean't have his finger on the trigger anymore!

That said -- we absolutely need to draft a RB!

Love Frank Gore but the dude is just too old to count on in any significant way -- tho of course we could get "lucky" but that doesn't seem to happen for us very often. Beyond that -- counting on Drake for 16 games seems ??? given his history. But again -- we could get lucky...

Back
Top Bottom