We the Seminoles | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We the Seminoles

Its harder to argue against something someone posted than to attribute something that they didn't say to them and then argue against that point.

its going to be a recurring theme as the Canes fade into obscurity.

denial-1.jpg

Yes, I am a blind homer just as the head coaches of the other Division 1 football programs (the guys who voted them #5) are homers. Your logic is flawless. It's too bad the votes are secret because Al Golden probably voted for them.

I'm just glad that you don't care about FSU beating Miami... its going to be a recurring theme as the Canes fade into obscurity.

Yea. These same coaches do not whiff on 5-6 teams at least every year. Nope.

When FSU is put into their place by all the real teams they play this year, like last year, how will it make you feel?

how many times you going to post this?

We had a good team last year, but no one is saying we were the best 4 lose team ever. 2 of those 4 loses was by a total of 6 points. 1 to UNC on a missed FG at the end of the game. And 1 to NC St. with 20 seconds left down by 4 from the 10 yard line and a guy wide open, our QB just drops the ball for a fumble(not even being hit) and NC St. recovers. Lets not sit here and act like FSU was a bad team last year or something. We have a lot of returning starters and some great recruits coming in.

UM Football ..... We will be great again because it was all Randy Shannons fault..

Good teams don't lose 4 games in the ACC, plain and simple. Who cares how you lost to NC state and UNC. Good teams don't get put into those situations in the first place. Not to mention close games with Clemson and BC, and of course getting embarrassed by the 2 best teams you played.

Wonder what the excuses will be when FSU gets smashed by Oklahoma and Miami. Greatest 2 loss team ever?

We can do some sig bets right here and now. Florida State will not beat Miami, plain and simple. They will lose at least 2 games, take it to the bank.

More doesn't mean better... Miami is that high because they have 21 recruits and rivals funtions on a "total points" system. I remember a time not too long ago where Miami didn't need to fill their class with questionable talent. Miami has 15 recruits not in the ESPN 150, and 15 not in the Rivals250... FSU has 4 and Florida has 6.

Same goes for Michigan.

LSU with 18 total recruits and 7 four-star and they're three spots higher than South Carolina who also has 18 total recruits and 7 four-star kids.

Can't explain that. You can also take a look at the two and three-star kids Golden took in at Temple and turned them into NFL draft picks. Can't deny that this is impressive.

Jon Vilma. Leonard Hankerson. Sean Taylor. Brandon Meriweather.

All three-star recruits.

Ed Reed.

Two-star recruit. Now arguably the greatest safety in NLF history.

More doesn't mean better. Better means better. And if you can spot talent...

We can do some sig bets right here and now. Florida State will not beat Miami, plain and simple. They will lose at least 2 games, take it to the bank.
We already have one on the game.

Your sig is mine so don't go making other people promises.

A two loss season isn't terrible... that's probably about the median result this year. FSU has a pretty tough schedule and has a lot of rivals so you can never guarantee an undefeated or 1 loss season.

Want to make an avatar bet on the Noles having a better record than the Canes?

Yea. These same coaches do not whiff on 5-6 teams at least every year. Nope.

When FSU is put into their place by all the real teams they play this year, like last year, how will it make you feel?
So you honestly are claiming that the coaches of other Division 1 programs are FSU homers?

LSU with 18 total recruits and 7 four-star and they're three spots higher than South Carolina who also has 18 total recruits and 7 four-star kids.

Can't explain that. You can also take a look at the two and three-star kids Golden took in at Temple and turned them into NFL draft picks. Can't deny that this is impressive.

Jon Vilma. Leonard Hankerson. Sean Taylor. Brandon Meriweather.

All three-star recruits.

Ed Reed.

Two-star recruit. Now arguably the greatest safety in NLF history.

More doesn't mean better. Better means better. And if you can spot talent...
Scouting has improved quite a bit since the last time Miami was good. I don't think anyone would whiff on Ed Reed or Jon Vilma these days.

Let me ask you this and hopefully get an honest answer: Who's 2011 class would you rather have? 2010? 2009?
FSU and UF are winning the in-state recruiting battle right now and everyone who isn't a homer canes fan knows it. FSU has better players and better coaching than Miami. Good luck over the next decade, you're going to need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FSU football.....we will win a national championship this year because we lost 4 games last year.

Scouting has improved quite a bit since the last time Miami was good. I don't think anyone would whiff on Ed Reed or Jon Vilma these days.

Let me ask you this and hopefully get an honest answer: Who's 2011 class would you rather have? 2010? 2009?
FSU and UF are winning the in-state recruiting battle right now and everyone who isn't a homer canes fan knows it. FSU has better players and better coaching than Miami. Good luck over the next decade, you're going to need it.

You can say FSU had better coaching when Shantard was running the show...but that's like being the tallest midget, what does it really mean? But that gap was closed now that Golden is running the show. And nobody honestly knows how Jimbo is going to do because he's only been the head guy for a year, and yes they did lose 4 games in his first year. If you're saying FSU's recruiting classes were so good in 2009 and 2010, why didn't they win more last year?

I really want this rivalry to be what it was in the late 80's and most of the 90's, winner of the UM - FSU game plays for the National Title. Some of the best college football games of all time.

FSU football.....we will win a national championship this year because we lost 4 games last year.
And again... nobody has said this. You're making things up...

IF (and this is a MONSTER if) FSU beats Oklahoma then they are absolutely in the driver's seat as they are considerably more talented than anyone else on their schedule. At Clemson will be tough and at UF will be tough. I think that UF and FSU are pretty close talent-wise with a slight edge to FSU just because we have been recruiting for guys to play in our system longer. Give Muschamp a couple of years and UF will be awesome again.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're reading everything I post with slant eyes. Of course I'd rather have Florida State's class. But that means dickholes to buttholes.

Scouting has improved? Two and three-star kids slip thru everyday. Look at all the five-star studs Miami has pulled in the past few years that flopped. Wonder why that is? Randy Shannon was and is by far and away the most overrated defensive coordinator and recruiter in the entire country of whatever.

I'm not saying that Al Golden is the second coming of Jimmy Johnson but thus far, he's been impressive in recruiting and selling the program in ways Shannon and Coker never did. That's the difference. And I've said over and over again, Al is very well-dressed, well-educated, speaks very very well, and just seems to be an overall smart dude...but there's gonna come a time when he's going to have to lead this team onto the field and we'll see what he has between the sidelines.

And it won't take me long to figure this guy out because it didn't take me long to see that Shannon was going to run Miami into the ground and everyone told me I was an idiot. Same goes for these **** *** Dolphins too. And in the end I may not be right, but I damn sure won't be wrong.

You can say FSU had better coaching when Shantard was running the show...but that's like being the tallest midget, what does it really mean? But that gap was closed now that Golden is running the show. And nobody honestly knows how Jimbo is going to do because he's only been the head guy for a year, and yes they did lose 4 games in his first year. If you're saying FSU's recruiting classes were so good in 2009 and 2010, why didn't they win more last year?

I really want this rivalry to be what it was in the late 80's and most of the 90's, winner of the UM - FSU game plays for the National Title. Some of the best college football games of all time.
Yes... Jimbo has only been the "head coach" for a year but he has been the assistant to Saban, Fisher, and Bowden for ~20 years before that. He was probably the most experienced "first year head coach" in the history of D1 football.

He did lead a team to a 10-4 season with a conference championship berth and a win against a strong USC team in the bowl game. Considering the constant injuries to Ponder, I think you'll be hard pressed to find any noles fans who are disappointed with last season.

Emabrassing both of our rivals helped, especially UF. Miami is a rival but it is nothing like the Florida rivalry.

Returning 16 starters it is not at all a stretch to think that FSU will improve upon last season. If you actually go down the rosters, I don't know how anyone could think that FSU doesn't deserve at least a #5 ranking preseason. It doesn't matter since they always get tested but the defense is ridiculous and the offense will be explosive.

Back
Top Bottom