We the Seminoles | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We the Seminoles

LSU with 18 total recruits and 7 four-star and they're three spots higher than South Carolina who also has 18 total recruits and 7 four-star kids.

Can't explain that. You can also take a look at the two and three-star kids Golden took in at Temple and turned them into NFL draft picks. Can't deny that this is impressive.

Jon Vilma. Leonard Hankerson. Sean Taylor. Brandon Meriweather.

All three-star recruits.

Ed Reed.

Two-star recruit. Now arguably the greatest safety in NLF history.

More doesn't mean better. Better means better. And if you can spot talent...

What people fail to realize is, a 3 star recruit in SoFla is as good as most 4 stars anywhere else in the country except places like Texas and Cali. Golden is getting everyone he wants in South Florida, and that's all that matters. It's the way Miami has always found success.

We already have one on the game.

Your sig is mine so don't go making other people promises.

A two loss season isn't terrible... that's probably about the median result this year. FSU has a pretty tough schedule and has a lot of rivals so you can never guarantee an undefeated or 1 loss season.

Want to make an avatar bet on the Noles having a better record than the Canes?

Did you honestly just say FSU has a tough schedule? LOL. 2 losses might be all the Noles get. Very possible with that cupcake schedule. And exactly the reason why a 1 loss FSU team is never coming close to a NC until teams in the ACC get better. No thanks on that avatar bet. Come talk to me when Jacory Harris graduates, lol...

Scouting has improved quite a bit since the last time Miami was good. I don't think anyone would whiff on Ed Reed or Jon Vilma these days.

Let me ask you this and hopefully get an honest answer: Who's 2011 class would you rather have? 2010? 2009?
FSU and UF are winning the in-state recruiting battle right now and everyone who isn't a homer canes fan knows it. FSU has better players and better coaching than Miami. Good luck over the next decade, you're going to need it.

Talk about irony, that first sentence. It's been even longer since FSU was worth a damn, and obviously all that new scouting hasn't helped your team out much. What is it 6 or 7 top 5 recruiting classes since 2000? And still no success.

Since Miami is going to suck for the rest of eternity despite sitting atop the best talent in the nation, and getting everyone they want from this hotbed, perhaps you can pm me the winning lotto numbers to ease my pain. Surely you're some sort of fortune-teller since you know how good recruiting classes are going to end up despite very little or no production from the players in those classes. Either that or you're just very forgetful. I'm guessing it's the latter.

And again... nobody has said this. You're making things up...

IF (and this is a MONSTER if) FSU beats Oklahoma then they are absolutely in the driver's seat as they are considerably more talented than anyone else on their schedule. At Clemson will be tough and at UF will be tough. I think that UF and FSU are pretty close talent-wise with a slight edge to FSU just because we have been recruiting for guys to play in our system longer. Give Muschamp a couple of years and UF will be awesome again.

Muschamp will fail, take it to the bank.

Yes... Jimbo has only been the "head coach" for a year but he has been the assistant to Saban, Fisher, and Bowden for ~20 years before that. He was probably the most experienced "first year head coach" in the history of D1 football.

He did lead a team to a 10-4 season with a conference championship berth and a win against a strong USC team in the bowl game. Considering the constant injuries to Ponder, I think you'll be hard pressed to find any noles fans who are disappointed with last season.

Emabrassing both of our rivals helped, especially UF. Miami is a rival but it is nothing like the Florida rivalry.

Returning 16 starters it is not at all a stretch to think that FSU will improve upon last season. If you actually go down the rosters, I don't know how anyone could think that FSU doesn't deserve at least a #5 ranking preseason. It doesn't matter since they always get tested but the defense is ridiculous and the offense will be explosive.

It's really simple why FSU isn't a top 5 team. They are a 4 loss ACC team until proven otherwise. I could care less what they did in a bowl game against a 5 loss SEC team without their best player. They're replacing the 8th pick in the draft with a QB with a WHOPPING 6 TD's 10 INT's for his career. It's simple.

Dude, use the edit button. Take your case to the coaches that voted FSU #5. If FSU can beat OU, then, yes, they are legit. If they don't beat OU, then they will probably be relegated accordingly. THEN you can argue about Miami and UF and all that when they face off down the road. What's the big deal?

Dude, use the edit button. Take your case to the coaches that voted FSU #5. If FSU can beat OU, then, yes, they are legit. If they don't beat OU, then they will probably be relegated accordingly. THEN you can argue about Miami and UF and all that when they face off down the road. What's the big deal?

Don't like it, don't read it. There's plenty of other threads on this website you can go read if you don't like it.

It's really simple why FSU isn't a top 5 team. They are a 4 loss ACC team until proven otherwise. I could care less what they did in a bowl game against a 5 loss SEC team without their best player. They're replacing the 8th pick in the draft with a QB with a WHOPPING 6 TD's 10 INT's for his career. It's simple.
First, Ponder was the 12th pick. Locker was the 8th pick.

Second, how about an avatar bet on who has a better season between Manuel and (insert name of Miami QB here)? Since logic clearly isn't your forte, I think that making bets is the only way to put you in your place.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, Ponder was the 12th pick. Locker was the 8th pick.

Second, how about an avatar bet on who has a better season between Manuel and (insert name of Miami QB here)? Since logic clearly isn't your forte, I think that making bets is the only way to put you in your place.

Yes, logic isn't my forte. Your right, I forgot, a QB who's shown nothing is going to easily put up 35 TD's and only 4 INT's this year. He's the next Cam Newton, even better. Guess that's the logic of an FSU education.

Funny thread...I'll give you boys a good "ROLL TIDE" and see you during the season.
By the way..I like the Canes more than FSU,and my youngest daughter goes to FSU.

Yes, logic isn't my forte. Your right, I forgot, a QB who's shown nothing is going to easily put up 35 TD's and only 4 INT's this year. He's the next Cam Newton, even better. Guess that's the logic of an FSU education.

Did you pull those numbers our of your *** or what? I never said 35-4 or mentioned Newton... you made it up... I never even said Manuel would have a great season. He doesn't have to. FSU is a running team.

Keep using your straw man arguments all you want... Miami is still garbage.

I'll take your ignoring my avatar bet as you realizing that Manuel is better than Morris/ Harris.

You can say what you want about FSU educations but I'm 23 with a great job. Where did you go to college?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you pull those numbers our of your *** or what? I never said 35-4 or mentioned Newton... you made it up... I never even said Manuel would have a great season. He doesn't have to. FSU is a running team.

Keep using your straw man arguments all you want... Miami is still garbage.

I'll take your ignoring my avatar bet as you realizing that Manuel is better than Morris/ Harris.

You can say what you want about FSU educations but I'm 23 with a great job. Where did you go to college?

UVA actually, starting in a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom