We wont have to trade up to land our QB, and here’s why | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We wont have to trade up to land our QB, and here’s why

I asked you a specific question, which player was better than Rosen against Dallas?
What in the world kind of question is this? You're asking who played better than a QB who threw for 200 yards, had a 46% completion percentage, a 62 QB rating, and lost 34-6?

Are you asking who was the least worst of the worst? When your QB plays like that, what exactly are you expecting out of anybody else? Hell, Fitzpatrick came in and went 2-2 for 29 yards. 15% of the yards in 5% of the throws.

You obviously have trouble with concepts. Let me help. Here are you're choices . . .
1) 'I LOVE TUA!! He's a generational talent!! The only option is 'all-in''
2) You're a Tua hater. There is no middle ground.

Those of us who Like Tua, but have questions? we're in group 2
BTW, that's sarcasm
To quote Joe Biden, "come on man".

If you raise any concern, or pose any alternative to the almighty savior that is TUA, you are obviously a hate riddled a$$hat, that knows absolutely nothing about the game.

zi5e3202d0.gif

Every single team in the league already knows that the floor for Tua is pick #5. Your argument has to be that no other team in the league values Tua enough to trade up past us which is actually kind of hilarious that a new thread was made just to say that because it obviously isn't true.

What is the point of this?

I stated with detailed analysis (could be right or wrong) why I thought this would be so. Do you have any facts or ideas other to refute any of the specific points of why I thought this was so to dispute this, or you just assume everyone loves Tua with the durability issues as much as you do? Maybe they do? Do you have any specific ideas to offer to support your point of view?

My point and intention was simply to start an interesting discussion with a point of view that was a bit different from what a majority of people seem to be thinking which is that we have to trade up for Tua specifically and to try and thoughtfully go through why I didn't think that was so. That is the point of this message board basically, which is to stimulate conversation about the Miami Dolphins, you get that right?

Last edited:
Did you watch the difference between Rosen starting and Fitzpatrick starting? A one player difference?

I did. Rosen had some nasty dropped passes when he played in that game.

Fitz is a unique player too. He is a great leader, very smart & savvy and has LOADS of NFL experience.

Rosen was still basically a rookie at that point.

I LIKE Tua, but here is another point that lots of fans here are completely missing....

He basically played on an ALL-STAR college team, with one of the very best college coaches of all time.

He is an undersized lefty, with a hip injury.

Those are FACTS that can't easily be overlooked if you've watched over 30 years of NFL games/playoffs/drafts.

He is a fantastic competitor a great young man and obviously a better passer & team leader in college than Rosen was.

That said, the Dolphins are a team with MANY holes.

Many of the plays Tua made in college simply will not be there in the NFL.

You are not going to get 2-3 yards of separation consistently on WR routes every game.

QBz may once in while have the time, skill and luck to turn their backs on the defense, spin around and make sensational 40+ yard down field passes....

But that sort of thing doesn't happen in every game multiple times.

It just takes a couple of blindside hits from behind to forever change a QB in the NFL.

What in the world kind of question is this? You're asking who played better than a QB who threw for 200 yards, had a 46% completion percentage, a 62 QB rating, and lost 34-6?

Are you asking who was the least worst of the worst? When your QB plays like that, what exactly are you expecting out of anybody else? Hell, Fitzpatrick came in and went 2-2 for 29 yards. 15% of the yards in 5% of the throws.

Im asking because you disregard the entire roster when making your assessment.

Rosen’s stats are apparently just his and by no means an indictment of the team, in your eyes.

your analyzing a 22 year old QB who took over a team that was out scored by almost a 100 points in its first two games and your surprised magic didn’t happen.

you gloss over the fact that 5 new starters on the OL are needed as well as 3 new RBs.

and in this particular game our only talented players, Parker, Williams and Drake surely contributed to the loss more than helped Rosen.

but ya, post stats. I post memories.

Rosen followed up that decent first start with an opening drive TD against the Chargers. Again, a feat barely believable 2-3 weeks earlier.

I’m not putting the kid in the HOF, nor am I passing on Tua at 5 if he’s there, the poor ananlysis of Rosen is what bugs me.

I did. Rosen had some nasty dropped passes when he played in that game.

Fitz is a unique player too. He is a great leader, very smart & savvy and has LOADS of NFL experience.

Rosen was still basically a rookie at that point.

I LIKE Tua, but here is another point that lots of fans here are completely missing....

He basically played on an ALL-STAR college team, with one of the very best college coaches of all time.

He is an undersized lefty, with a hip injury.

Those are FACTS that can't easily be overlooked if you've watched over 30 years of NFL games/playoffs/drafts.

He is a fantastic competitor a great young man and obviously a better passer & team leader in college than Rosen was.

That said, the Dolphins are a team with MANY holes.

Many of the plays Tua made in college simply will not be there in the NFL.

You are not going to get 2-3 yards of separation consistently on WR routes every game.

QBz may once in while have the time, skill and luck to turn their backs on the defense, spin around and make sensational 40+ yard down field passes....

But that sort of thing doesn't happen in every game multiple times.

It just takes a couple of blindside hits from behind to forever change a QB in the NFL.
Tbh these type of responses almost always come from someone who didn't watch him much in college and that's fine. I know it's easy to just brush off who he played for and the talent around him, but you also have to look historically at the level of QB that has come out of Alabama and then look at how the team changed their entire offense around Tua because he was just that good. We're not talking about some guy who followed previous Heisman winners in an Oklahoma-level offense here.

Im asking because you disregard the entire roster when making your assessment.

Rosen’s stats are apparently just his and by no means an indictment of the team, in your eyes.

your analyzing a 22 year old QB who took over a team that was out scored by almost a 100 points in its first two games and your surprised magic didn’t happen.

you gloss over the fact that 5 new starters on the OL are needed as well as 3 new RBs.

and in this particular game our only talented players, Parker, Williams and Drake surely contributed to the loss more than helped Rosen.

but ya, post stats. I post memories.
Lol ok. You can look back fondly at the great QB play ruined by the rest of the team in a 34-6 loss.

Poor Rosen. So unlucky to be 3-13 in his career. Someone who has NEVER HAD A SINGLE GAME WHERE HE HIT THE NFL QB RATING AVERAGE.

Let me say that again to make it more clear.

In SIXTEEN NFL starts, Josh Rosen has never had ONE game that broke the NFL AVERAGE for QB rating. This means that his BEST games were below average.

Sure, you could come back with your specious reasoning and blame all his teammates... the same teammates that Fitzpatrick scored points and won games with, but I've mentioned this before. Every starting QB for the 0-16 Lions and Browns had games better than Josh Rosen ever had. Every single one of them during those seasons. So don't come at me with the teammates excuse. Those teams actually never won a single game.

Tbh these type of responses almost always come from someone who didn't watch him much in college and that's fine. I know it's easy to just brush off who he played for and the talent around him, but you also have to look historically at the level of QB that has come out of Alabama and then look at how the team changed their entire offense around Tua because he was just that good. We're not talking about some guy who followed previous Heisman winners in an Oklahoma-level offense here.

He won't be playing in college anymore.

There are sensational college QB'z....

EVERY FREAKING YEAR....

How many succeed in the NFL?

That are his size, left handed and have hip injuries?

If he falls to them, I'm 100% behind him and have nothing but positive thoughts for him,

but if I'm the GM they draft the best DE that falls to them and I'd take a QB AFTER their 1st pick in the 1st round,

trading up or down, but at least cashing in on that top pick with a blue chip DE.

A good DE makes their ENTIRE defense better.

Their record last season would have been better....

with JUST a good DE on that same roster

He won't be playing in college anymore.

There are sensational college QB'z....

EVERY FREAKING YEAR....

How many succeed in the NFL?

That are his size, left handed and have hip injuries?

If he falls to them, I'm 100% behind him and have nothing but positive thoughts for him,

but if I'm the GM they draft the best DE that falls to them and I'd take a QB AFTER their 1st pick in the 1st round,

trading up or down, but at least cashing in on that top pick with a blue chip DE.

A good DE makes their ENTIRE defense better.

Their record last season would have been better....

with JUST a good DE on that same roster
We had a good DE. His name was Cameron Wake and Jason Taylor before that. They don't move the needle, dude.

Your post literally tries to make the point that a DE is more valuable than a QB.

Nope.

We had a good DE. His name was Cameron Wake and Jason Taylor before that. They don't move the needle, dude.

Your post literally tries to make the point that a DE is more valuable than a QB.

Nope.

Dude that post lowers your lifetime average by too much....

to EVER recover from.... LMFAO! :p

You have much to learn young grasshopper.

Lol ok. You can look back fondly at the great QB play ruined by the rest of the team in a 34-6 loss.

Poor Rosen. So unlucky to be 3-13 in his career. Someone who has NEVER HAD A SINGLE GAME WHERE HE HIT THE NFL QB RATING AVERAGE.

Let me say that again to make it more clear.

In SIXTEEN NFL starts, Josh Rosen has never had ONE game that broke the NFL AVERAGE for QB rating. This means that his BEST games were below average.

Sure, you could come back with your specious reasoning and blame all his teammates... the same teammates that Fitzpatrick scored points and won games with, but I've mentioned this before. Every starting QB for the 0-16 Lions and Browns had games better than Josh Rosen ever had. Every single one of them during those seasons. So don't come at me with the teammates excuse. Those teams actually never won a single game.

Can’t argue with your expectations for what constituted progress.

You were never going to see anything positive in him regardless of the situation.

I’m not banking my future on the kid but he’s got some arm talent and a chance. Good enough for me.

I agree that if you can somehow get Joe Burrow, it’s a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom