Welker trade gets even uglier for Fins - ESPN article | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker trade gets even uglier for Fins - ESPN article

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradyWoot
And that's why you'll never be an NFL GM.

Originally Posted by cafinfan408
but on the bright said your a pat fan and spelled everything right

That said his grammar is pants. he should have said 'And thats why you will never be a NFL GM'

Pedantic Grizz

Who can blame Welker for signing a big contract. He came to us as a free agent, cost us no draft choices. The contract he signed at NE had a "poison pill" clause in it, getting a 2nd and a 7th was a steal. As far as Satele goes who's to say he can't put on 15 lbs. of muscle and still retain his quickness, after all he's only in his 2nd year. Ideally you have a bigger center but I think it's early to give up on him. It's not like he got much help from the guard position, not that he should need it.

The real rip off is that I'll never get those 5 minutes back!

If maimi instead of tendering him offered him a 8-10 million /5 yr contract he would have stayed. never understood why one tenders a low 2nd rd pick for a starting WR who lead the team in catches and yards.

If maimi instead of tendering him offered him a 8-10 million /5 yr contract he would have stayed. never understood why one tenders a low 2nd rd pick for a starting WR who lead the team in catches and yards.

That may have been their one and only mistake, but technically he was the #3 guy behind Chambers and Booker. The slot WR.

That may have been their one and only mistake, but technically he was the #3 guy behind Chambers and Booker. The slot WR.
I disagree here chambers and wes play different position .Its like grouping a tackle ,gaurd and center . put chambers in the slot and he is too big ,not shifty and big size makes him a sitting duck for ILB and safeties.He cannot be of much use or other hand put wes in the outside and he is not fast in a straight line and small for sideline/back field catches and even a avg cb can shut him down.

Its like saying moss and wes play the same postion they do not .They have different skill sets ,moss will not play the slot as he is too lanky and not shifty enough to play it and wes is not fast or tall to play along the side lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradyWoot
And that's why you'll never be an NFL GM.

Originally Posted by cafinfan408
but on the bright said your a pat fan and spelled everything right

That said his grammar is pants. he should have said 'And thats why you will never be a NFL GM'

Pedantic Grizz

Wrong. You'll = You will. And the use of AN was correct because you pronounce NFL with a vowel to begin with. If anyone's grammar is "pants" its the Dolphins fan that said "your a pat fan" because the "your" should be "you're". Thanks for trying.

I'll just continue to argue that the player Welker is in NE is not the player he was in Miami. He plays on a team with great QB play and a great offense around him. If he doesnt have that, he's no better than any WR we have now on the roster.

Why do fans believe that if Welker catches 100 passes in 2007 for the Pats that he would have caught the same number of passes for the Finz in 2007? This isn't apples to apples people...

I disagree here chambers and wes play different position .Its like grouping a tackle ,gaurd and center . put chambers in the slot and he is too big ,not shifty and big size makes him a sitting duck for ILB and safeties.He cannot be of much use or other hand put wes in the outside and he is not fast in a straight line and small for sideline/back field catches and even a avg cb can shut him down.

Its like saying moss and wes play the same postion they do not .They have different skill sets ,moss will not play the slot as he is too lanky and not shifty enough to play it and wes is not fast or tall to play along the side lines.

I'm not sure I understand, chambers and wes play different positions? What are u talking about, Chambers excelled in the slot, did you watch any Fins games back then? I was a fan of putting Chris in the slot because it gave him the opportunity to make plays against the nickel CB. Chris is only like 5"11, he plays bigger than he really is.

WR is WR, and Wes was the #3 guy behind Chris and Marty, that isn't a bad thing, he got tons of playing time, just stating the facts.

And I have seen Moss lined up in the slot, it depends on the formation, just like I have seen Wes out at flanker . . . still a WR is a WR, I don't like the comparison of Guard, Center and Tackle, because those are 3 different positions.

Back
Top Bottom