Welker trade gets even uglier for Fins - ESPN article | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker trade gets even uglier for Fins - ESPN article

Who cares...it's over. I think the more interesting part is the fact that the cheatriots have 22 players to resign next off-season...a bunch I'm sure they would like to keep, Mankins, Jarvis Green, Wilfolk....etc.

Does this idiot even know the particulars of the trade? We did not have the cap room to resign Welker after the Pats offered him a 30+ mil. dollar contract! If you want to rag on the Dolphins, then ask the question why did they not work out an extension before he hit the FA market? Cam and Randy were truly Morons!:rolleyes2:

Aside from the poison pill realities of the offer and the inappropriate price ticket to retain him at that time, as they say "hindsight is 20/20 vision." Ridiculous article from the network endorsed by Bozo.

I would also point out that while welker is a solid player, he is over rated by the media. He is a ROLE player. Take Moss off that team and Welker is pretty easy to shut down (we saw it here).
Honestly, if you were an expansion team and had your choice of any 2 WR's in the league would he even be in the top 20?
He was a RFA with a 2nd rd tender. At the time I didn't even think he was worth that. I was astounded that the Pats even made the move for him.
I wish this issue would just drop already.

The Welker trade was a good deal for the Dolphins. What was not good was what they did with the picks.

wow, cant believe this Welker trade topic is still going on almost 3 years after the trade and that there are still advocates for a P.O.S. WR and still wished he was afin... a P.O.S. WR who admitedly wished he wasnt a dolphin and was a ratriot from year one... guess little minds are easily rattled

Wrong. You'll = You will. And the use of AN was correct because you pronounce NFL with a vowel to begin with. If anyone's grammar is "pants" its the Dolphins fan that said "your a pat fan" because the "your" should be "you're". Thanks for trying.

Er no, being an English lecturer I may know a bit about this. The word You'll is a contraction of You Will, a bit of a cheat if you will, being a Pat you will know about that. The correct way of saying the sentence is how I have corrected it. Also NFL stands for National football league. The word you represent takes precedent over a vowel so you should write A NFL GM because you are saying A National Football League General Manager.

Er no, being an English lecturer I may know a bit about this. The word You'll is a contraction of You Will, a bit of a cheat if you will, being a Pat you will know about that. The correct way of saying the sentence is how I have corrected it. Also NFL stands for National football league. The word you represent takes precedent over a vowel so you should write A NFL GM because you are saying A National Football League General Manager.

So basically we agree on the "you'll" part. As far as the "an NFL GM". You're wrong. I wasn't say "a National Football League GM" I was actually saying NFL. As in "EN EF EL". So again, I was right, you were looking to pick a fight. How shameful of you.

welker does not fit on a team that does not have a prolific passing game..
witch we dont..
getting a 2nd and a 7th for a player that you could not get the best out of is a very good thing..

but on the bright said your a pat fan and spelled everything right :proud:

I hate to point this out but you spelled which wrong. That's a little bit funny!

Man **** Wes Welker. That ***** is a sellout and a ***** so i could care less if he was here or not.

Welker was getting paid near the league minimum when he played here. His play warranted him a payday. The Patriots gave him the money he deserved. We were never going to pay him that much money. Anyone who says he's douche is an idiot. He got paid what he is worth and he has a real chance at an NFL Championship. Isn't that what every player wants? I still appreciate for what Welker he did here. I would have done the same exact thing he did and if you wouldn't you'd be the IDIOT!

#83 GREG CAMIRILLO

Wes Welker just a little turd that went elsewhere. :lol:

Camarillo and Davone Bess for real cheap. I am perfectly ok with Welker being gone. He hated this team anyways. I wonder how he felt about us winning the AFC East with all our sub prime talent.

irrelevant thread. that was the past. that was before bill and the new FO. now we have bess. just as productive on the phins as welker was when he was on the phins. ill take the player that plays for 3 mil less.

So basically we agree on the "you'll" part. As far as the "an NFL GM". You're wrong. I wasn't say "a National Football League GM" I was actually saying NFL. As in "EN EF EL". So again, I was right, you were looking to pick a fight. How shameful of you.

There is no such word as EnEfEl so you used an abbreviation, that excludes the vowel rule...here endeth the lesson.

Aside from the poison pill realities of the offer and the inappropriate price ticket to retain him at that time, as they say "hindsight is 20/20 vision." Ridiculous article from the network endorsed by Bozo.

First off, thank you to everybody for reading my work and taking the time to comment on it.

But you're getting too wrapped up in the "poison pill" that you're missing the point. Just because the Dolphins were going to lose Welker anyway doesn't mean they had to lose the trade.

The Dolphins were the ones who placed the second-round tender on Welker, which means that's where they valued him and that's what they expected to get in return. In addition, all they had to do was select a serviceable player with their second-round pick, a starter for the next five, six or seven years would have been fine and made losing Welker palatable.

Based on information coming out of Davie the past couple weeks, they failed to do that. The Dolphins don’t think Satele is starting material anymore -- after two years. Therefore, the Dolphins are on the verge of not even being able to compete any more when it comes to sizing up this trade.

So the Dolphins trade a receiver for picks, one of which is a center.

What are two of their biggest needs heading into 2009? Receiver and center.

Bottom line, regardless of the context: They squandered two prime assets and have nothing to show for it.

If you think a trade that lopsided is justified, then so be it. My standards must be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom