Well... it's mock draft time. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... it's mock draft time.

Charbonnet is a premium back like Bijon Robinson, but there are other similar backs who could be had later I think, like Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Tyjae Spears, especially since that RB will share the load with Mostert.

If Dawand Jones is available at 51, I do not think he is 10th best tackle in the class.
The issue I have with most college “tackles” is where they actually project in the NFL. With Jones’ height and weight you’d assume he would fit as a traditional RT. Guys his size seem to struggle to adjust to the speed at the next level. Evan Neal is a fairly good example. As is Mekhi Becton. I would be surprised if he is on the board at 51. Honestly, I could see Charbonnet going earlier as well.

Just remember one thing when drafting a TE. It has the steepest learning curve of any position in football. These guys are rarely any good right away, especially if they are traditional TEs.
The chances of us drafting a guy, and then seeing any worthwhile production for a year or two... is very slim. Very slim.

The issue I have with most college “tackles” is where they actually project in the NFL. With Jones’ height and weight you’d assume he would fit as a traditional RT. Guys his size seem to struggle to adjust to the speed at the next level. Evan Neal is a fairly good example. As is Mekhi Becton. I would be surprised if he is on the board at 51. Honestly, I could see Charbonnet going earlier as well.
Very, very true... especially in a zone-based scheme like ours. Being athletic is more important than being strong in a zb scheme. Most college Tackles are NOT going to fit here.

Charbonnet is a premium back like Bijon Robinson, but there are other similar backs who could be had later I think, like Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Tyjae Spears, especially since that RB will share the load with Mostert.

If Dawand Jones is available at 51, I do not think he is 10th best tackle in the class.
Our system needs a pass-catching back... guys like Kamara or McCaffrey are what our system demands. If a prospect has stone hands... forget him.

Our system needs a pass-catching back... guys like Kamara or McCaffrey are what our system demands. If a prospect has stone hands... forget him.

Agreed, but let's chose from the Ferraris like Mostert. I cannot watch Wilson.

I think Darnell Wright is better but I would not break stuff if Jones is the pick. I still want Charbonnet or Jack Campbell in round 2.

Tried another one tonight... this time with the idea that the LB falls to us, and what we'd have to do after...

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan

Luke Musgrave
    TE Oregon State

Eric Gray
    RB Oklahoma

Deshawn Pace
    LB Cincinnati

Last edited:
Tried another one tonight... this time with the idea that the LB falls to us, and what we'd have to do after...

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan

Luke Musgrave
    TE Oregon State

Eric Gray
    RB Oklahoma

Deshawn Pace
    LB Cincinnati

I’ll be interested see how big Pace really is after the combine measurements. I do believe he’ll fall because of height. Overall I like this draft but I’ll need to watch more of Gray.

I’ll be interested see how big Pace really is after the combine measurements. I do believe he’ll fall because of height. Overall I like this draft but I’ll need to watch more of Gray.
He's a late round stab type for me. I'd like to select two LBs if possible, but one has to be a flyer... someone we could cut and not cry.

Back
Top Bottom