We're All Rams Fans Tonight - Bills Suck | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're All Rams Fans Tonight - Bills Suck

Allen's been doing it for 4 years.. the last 3 without missing a game. Most of the actual research shows "running" QBs are actually injured less than "pocket" QBs. The examples that are generally brought up like Cam Newton were injured in the pocket or on fluke plays.

Newton, for example, suffered his shoulder injury trying to make a tackle on an interception and his foot injury in the pocket trying to evade a sack. RGIII, for another example, suffered the injury that "made him suck" was a non-contact injury that came on him attempting to recover a fumble..

There's quite a few studies actually if you're interested:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6702781/

About the only data point that goes in favor of "pocket" guys that run the least (Manning, Brady) is that some of the more recent ones have played 18-20 years compared to the "running" guys who play about 13-15 (You can make an argument for 12-13 based on "suck" criteria where an injury has reduced their ability to run).

I'm afraid that if we want to beat Allen that hoping for an injury or the culmination of multiple hits to "catch up to him" isn't a reasonable endeavor. It seems much more reasonable to hope that the new staff can find a way to reduce the points scored or increase the points we score so at the end of the game, the Dolphins have more points than they do.

This is correct but your missing the point. Guys like rg3 and cam Newton couldn’t play it any other way. How they got injured is irrelevant their games were to contact. Although rg3 always took massive shots. Spun like a helicopter etc.

Josh allen doesn’t have to play to contact to beat you.

I had the Bills as the #1 defense going into the year and they looked like they might live up to that. Their pass rush was scary. I'm really hoping that the Rams OL was bad, but who knows? The Bills run defense was also excellent despite playing a ton of nickel. If Miami is going to be successful then they need to be able to run against that defense.

The last sentence is spot on. We don’t have qb offset nor do we have an offense that ask for one scheme wise. Point blank period we got to be able to run the ball with success if we gonna beat Buffalo with anything on the line.

And look that’s not really a knock on tua 90 percent of the league doesn’t have a qb offset for Josh allen now if not more.

It’s just I was hoping tua would be that. To maximize his ceiling as a player and our long term outlook.

....and what if they dont? Its his favorite team and he is hoping for an amazing year. Why, as a fan of the same team mind you, do you want to piss on his Cheerios?
Spock Encerio GIF
Because he is being ridiculous, I could see Dolphins winning the Superbowl in a few years but winning the Superbowl in the first year with a new head coach, new players, and new scheme is unrealistic

That Rams scheme is suppose to help the oline by the way. Similar to what Miami with mcd looks to be doing.

That’s kinda scary when you consider how much pressure there was on stafford from buffalos pass rush and they weren’t technically really chasing the scoreboard til later

Having a QB who has no fear and is not intimidated by anyone is such an advantage. What Miami really needs is the next Ray Lewis. A LB needs to get a clean, legal shot to Allen’s ribs and change his perspective. As of now, Allen gives zero f*cks about being hit.

Having a QB who has no fear and is not intimidated by anyone is such an advantage. What Miami really needs is the next Ray Lewis. A LB needs to get a clean, legal shot to Allen’s ribs and change his perspective. As of now, Allen gives zero f*cks about being hit.

Ya he's kind of ****y about it, I would be too in all honesty if I were him. He's got it down to a science. He can just see over everybody so its a massive advantage.

Make no mistake about it, the Rams aren't a good team right now. Nor do I think they will be by seasons end. Leonard Floyd blows. Jaelen Phillips is the opposite.....so we have that going for us.

Like you said Birdmond, you gotta hit that kid. You gotta drag him down in the pocket, bodies all around. Not trying to injure the guy, but when your playing pain free all the time, your getting the Tom Brady treatment at that point just standing back there with a clean pocket.

Lastly, Jevon Holland.

Ya he's pretty fearless. Will take a season-ending injury or two to get him to think differently...until then, he's just a monster.

And what may have been most impressive about their blowout, is it was on the road, on the west coast. Home-field doesn't matter to them, evidently. I don't envy McD's job in a few weeks.

The last sentence is spot on. We don’t have qb offset nor do we have an offense that ask for one scheme wise. Point blank period we got to be able to run the ball with success if we gonna beat Buffalo with anything on the line.

And look that’s not really a knock on tua 90 percent of the league doesn’t have a qb offset for Josh allen now if not more.

It’s just I was hoping tua would be that. To maximize his ceiling as a player and our long term outlook.
Tua will be that by the end of this season. Trust and believe they will need to effectively run the ball against us. I wouldn't want Allen running the ball against a division opponent that wants to hurt him. Rams and outer division opponents are one thing but a division opponent getting opportunities to hurt a goodcQB in the division is another. Bills taking Tua out was a good example of that. They didn't hold back the hits and I wouldn't expect them to.

Because he is being ridiculous, I could see Dolphins winning the Superbowl in a few years but winning the Superbowl in the first year with a new head coach, new players, and new scheme is unrealistic
I don't know. Seifert, Kubiak and Gruden did it. I'm not sure there's any metric that says you're more likely to win a SB in year two, three or whatever of a given regime. It's all about having a team that's good enough to make the playoffs as often as possible. The more times you get there, the better the odds that you'll get the bounces one of those years.

I'm seriously hoping McD is fiery inside and coaching with a chip and taking no prisoners. My best friend is a 49ers fan and he was pissed 49ers let him even interview for a head coaching job. He said McD comes off nice and humble but when he game plans he has no mercy and will non stop take advantage of the other teams weakness and not let up at all. He said there is one word for that "assassin."

That Rams scheme is suppose to help the oline by the way. Similar to what Miami with mcd looks to be doing.

That’s kinda scary when you consider how much pressure there was on stafford from buffalos pass rush and they weren’t technically really chasing the scoreboard til later
Wrong Ram a got away from the zone blocking scheme when they became a passing team after they lost Gurley. My brother is a hardcore Rams fan. So no they don't run the zone blocking scheme like we do.

This is correct but your missing the point. Guys like rg3 and cam Newton couldn’t play it any other way. How they got injured is irrelevant their games were to contact. Although rg3 always took massive shots. Spun like a helicopter etc.

But he DOES play to contact like a running back.

Oh, I'm not arguing that they would be wise to decrease his running. I'm just saying that I see a lot of people on here thinking he'll get injured and I think that's a unlikely hope. If the Dolphins want the division, they're gonna have to take it.

Wrong Ram a got away from the zone blocking scheme when they became a passing team after they lost Gurley. My brother is a hardcore Rams fan. So no they don't run the zone blocking scheme like we do.

I’m not talking about their blocking scheme

Back
Top Bottom