What do we do with Parker | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do with Parker

Keep him. In '20, teams focused on him, Get a WR who can get separation and YAC and DVP gets to play with someone else getting the focus. He's a good receiver, but every receiver will be more productive when he's not being targeted by the D.

800 yards, 12+yds average. Teams just don't walk away from that production.
if the other team's top CB had to cover a different receiver, and Parker was on their 2nd best CB, forget about it.

He literally did what i said to Stephen Gilmore. Beat him on a bunch of jump balls. Either way this was an issue last year when Tua wasnt on this team, but guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to force.

Regardless of your opinion of our franchise QB, we need to improve the WRs, RBs, and get more oline help.
Beat him on a bunch of jump balls???

I wish they would show the route running that vexxed Gilmore all game.

Not sure about Hurns, but most of AWs $ is gauranteed. Technically not "dead", but it counts toward the cap.

He shows as a little over $5 million against the cap with no dead cap hit:

In 2019 he was one of the best WRs on the entire NFL. He was healthy and had a good QB throwing him the ball. OL was attrocious, so it was all on him AND Fitz. We hope he heals and keep him next year. If we somehow land a WR like Smith-Shuster/Corey Davis and draft another with the 18 pick, a receiving group of Parker/Smith-Shuster/Williams/Waddle/Wilson/Bowden would be an amazing group.

I think spotrac is F'ed up.

He would have 2.3 mil dead.

I watch the cap closer than most. Spotrac has been messed up, since the opt outs. It seems like they took some info from one year, and mixed it with another, instead of just moving forward one year.

Beat him on a bunch of jump balls???

I wish they would show the route running that vexxed Gilmore all game.

what happened to that route running this year? Cause it wasnt vexing anyone. And regardless of how cris his route running may be, he still gets little to no separation before or after the catch.

What does his YAC look like?

what happened to that route running this year?
Tua happened to that route running this year...

Think...the ONE time Tua looked like a QB in the Buffalo game was the first drive after halftime.

It's no small coincidence that he featured Parker....

I agree that he has turned it around, to some extent.

He is still not going to be confused with a guy like Cam Wake for how to be a pro.

I do agree, you need a certain amount of veteran presence. I just don't see him as a guy to emulate, and mirror.
Cam is high standards to go by. There might be a dozen if that in the entire league that can come close to his dedication.

i know stats don't mean a lot and that we would like a thousand yard receiver every year

He had 800 yd this year, 4 tds, and 12,6 y/r starting 8 games, he has not been that bad

i know stats don't mean a lot and that we would like a thousand yard receiver every year

He had 800 yd this year, 4 tds, and 12,6 y/r starting 8 games, he has not been that bad
You can't give people premium Fanspeak, 5 picks in the first three rounds, and not expect them to make room for their new shiny thing.

Least of our problems
He is fine
Put those numbers with not any dynamic QB play and not really a running game to speak of along with no other WR to help on the other side most of the year

He showed, vs Buffalo, that he wins in single coverage almost every time, and he still was likely less than 100% He'll have that extra step back next year and he'd be one of the best #2 WRs in the league.
I've heard it said that Allen Robinson, or 'A-rob', would be redundant to Parker but I disagree. A-Rob is a true #1 because he's so versatile and can change directions better. He can run slot-style plays and drag his defender all around the field, which is really going to force opposing defenses to cover shade A-rob with safety help and Devante can eat at the GoldCoast buffet vs 1-1 #2 CB coverage.

Back
Top Bottom