What do we do with Parker | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do with Parker

He has played 30 out of 32 games the last two seasons. He is the only WR worth a **** on the team. Balled out Sunday when Tua finally went to him. Actually about the only player that brought anything but yet you want to get rid of him?

Did you catch him with your wife/girlfriend? Weird timing dude.

People aren't going to look at this as a positive, but I finally think Tua learned on Sunday what it means for DVP to be "covered but open". Those first few passes out of the gate in the 3rd quarter looked exactly like the opportunities Fitz gives his WR's . It's moments like those in games where a young NFL QB learns what throws he can and can't make.

I really hated Flo's handling of Tua this year. As soon as he was named the starter, Tua should have been be given the full playbook and gone through his lumps in close games to find out what he needs to do to overcome adversity and win. Instead Flo/Gailey ran a dumbed down version of the offense from the start, took Tua out in a couple games because he didn't have the full offense and gave those reps to a "never was" quarterback because this team had a fleeting chance at the playoffs. It's mind boggling how they slowed Tua's progression this season. Gailey not being able to have your rookie QB up to speed on the entire offense by week 16 is reason enough alone to fire the OC. It's so ****ing lazy it's incomprehensible.

If we can get another reciever in thats good enough to make Parker the second best on the team, we're in a hell of a good place
That's the thing some ppl don't want to be realistic about.

They think you can just wave some kind of magic wand, and bring in a handful of guys that are better.

It isn't that simple folks.

He's $8 million in dead cap if Miami lets him loose. And for what? The receiving corps came in as one of the stronger units and left as one of the weaker. You keep him, add more, let him loose next year once you know you have something else.

If you get a speed guy like Smith and/or Waddle, it never hurts to have someone like Devante Parker who can turn into a pretty nice possession receiver.

I wouldn't let him loose he would be a good number 2 and I think he definitely has the talent and potential to be a #1 WR in the NFL. I feel like he just dosen't really work and try very hard, he's just in it for the money.

He's $8 million in dead cap if Miami lets him loose. And for what? The receiving corps came in as one of the stronger units and left as one of the weaker. You keep him, add more, let him loose next year once you know you have something else.

If you get a speed guy like Smith and/or Waddle, it never hurts to have someone like Devante Parker who can turn into a pretty nice possession receiver.
A lot of ppl run solely on emotion, and just ignore reality.

The savings of 2 mil cap savings, for cutting the guy, is not worth anything close to the cost going forward.

Even if you found someone to trade for him (unlikely, given the lower cap), you still have to replace him, and that's not all that easy either.

Stephen Gilmore would like to debate you on that...

"Separation" = excuse for Tua's performance.

He literally did what i said to Stephen Gilmore. Beat him on a bunch of jump balls. Either way this was an issue last year when Tua wasnt on this team, but guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to force.

Regardless of your opinion of our franchise QB, we need to improve the WRs, RBs, and get more oline help.

I apologized to him after the Cincy game. Thought he turned a new leaf. Boy was I wrong.
If we draft two stud wr, I don't mind trading him away while he still has name recognition among the league.

He is like your former stuck up girlfriend. Give you a peep every now and then. But when its time to get dirty, she is always on the special week of the month. Can't perform.
I keep him.. "IF" he can stay healthy he's a perfect 2 or 3.. if we can draft a top wr, sign one also, they become our 1 & 2 hopefully, parker, preston, Grant, Bowden, perry.. btw, what's up with Hurns and Albert Wilson????

He's a good receiver on a very good contract. We have no other weapons at receiver that has his talent.

You keep him and add another talented receiver to the roster.

They can easily afford to pair Godwin, Robinson, Golladay etc with Parker.

If we can trade him for additional picks I would not be opposed. I agree he does not dominate like a top receiver should.
I cant imagine getting a pick backhigher than 4th round. Is that enough?

A lot of ppl run solely on emotion, and just ignore reality.

The savings of 2 mil cap savings, for cutting the guy, is not worth anything close to the cost going forward.

Even if you found someone to trade for him (unlikely, given the lower cap), you still have to replace him, and that's not all that easy either.

Seriously. If you want to get rid of a receiver or two, you get rid of Wilson and Hurns. That's about $8 million in cap with only $866k in dead cap according to Spotrac.

I apologized to him after the Cincy game. Thought he turned a new leaf. Boy was I wrong.
If we draft two stud wr, I don't mind trading him away while he still has name recognition among the league.

He is like your former stuck up girlfriend. Give you a peep every now and then. But when its time to get dirty, she is always on the special week of the month. Can't perform.

Keep him. In '20, teams focused on him, Get a WR who can get separation and YAC and DVP gets to play with someone else getting the focus. He's a good receiver, but every receiver will be more productive when he's not being targeted by the D.

800 yards, 12+yds average. Teams just don't walk away from that production.

Seriously. If you want to get rid of a receiver or two, you get rid of Wilson and Hurns. That's about $8 million in cap with only $866k in dead cap according to Spotrac.
Not sure about Hurns, but most of AWs $ is gauranteed. Technically not "dead", but it counts toward the cap.

Back
Top Bottom