What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical?

Dolphins unethical?

• Total voters
$$$$ Parking, food, beer, concessions. It also produces a visage that fans are going to the games. Do you think he would prefer an almost empty stadium? Owners don't want their stadiums to look empty, it's not good for business.
I disagree. Concession is just a percentage (it is mostly subcontracted out). Parking for the most part is via the secondary resale market as well. Since fans from opposing teams do not buy merchandise (which probably makes a larger income) I doubt he really cares if the stadium would be half empty.

But then again...I really do not have the insides on that. Just from a financial standpoint it would not make such a big difference.

It's not unethical for the single reason that it's been going on for years with other teams, most notably "suck for Luck" by the the Colts, with Curtis Painter starting games in the NFL. If we were the first to do this I would be totally in the camp of being appalled by it all but as we are not and as there is not another way for this dysfunctional franchise to get better anytime soon, I've totally parked my morals at the curb.

The grumblings about this is just a murmur right now, what will be interesting though is when we get closer to the end of the season how the league react, say for example two playoff teams are tied going into the last game one plays the fins and one a normal team, there will be some stink raised about us then, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. The league won't be able to do anything about it though as the fins could probably sue them if they change the draft allocation rules during this season.

It's not unethical for the single reason that it's been going on for years with other teams, most notably "suck for Luck" by the the Colts, with Curtis Painter starting games in the NFL. If we were the first to do this I would be totally in the camp of being appalled by it all but as we are not and as there is not another way for this dysfunctional franchise to get better anytime soon, I've totally parked my morals at the curb.
giphy.gif

All this talk about us being unethical and tarnishing the shield is hilarious. There are no rules against it so you know what we say to the everyone who calls us out on it...

"**** your ethics!!!!!!"

"ethics" and the NFL are weird to equate together IMO.

The byproduct of an "aggressive" rebuild / roster purge is what we're dealing with.

Absolutely nothing "ethical" nor "unethical" about it.

I think there's one misconception here, and I know folks will disagree with me. The players and coaches on the field are trying to win, they just can't because they are not good enough. That is not unethical in my opinion. If it were to the point where it's evident Flores is trying to orchestrate losses, that's a different story. I don't believe we will see that although I'm sure some on here will argue this point.

To tank because you've built a roster that can't win is fine.
To purposely have coaches and players blow games in not.

I don't believe the latter has been done and please don't give me Indy. There were WAY too many people where there was nothing in it for them because they weren't going to be part of the Andrew Luck era anyway. If anything there would be a higher probability of us doing it because some of the players and all of the coaches should stick to enjoy it.

I pretty much read every crap **** post there is the last few months. The only ones calling anybody names is the tanking bunch. But if we missed something guide us to it and we will take appropriate action.
Is it bad I think that tanking is for eunuchs.

My Sixers did it. Worked out pretty well. NBA title or bust this year. So I am ready to go through the "process" again, and I think it's actually easier in the NFL than NBA to super tank and come out well.

We'll be hearing a lot in the useless yapfest that is the blogosphere about how what we're doing is wrong, unethical and how the franchise is cheating the fans, and even the NFL itself. It's all bull****. Remember everybody ripping Cleveland etc. Now the Browns are the darlings of the NFL. Time will pass and ultimately all this "tank" talk won't mean sh**.

Dolphins could land a fortune in the draft the next 2 years if they do it right, does anyone care what Belichick did to take over the NFl - No

My Sixers did it. Worked out pretty well. NBA title or bust this year. So I am ready to go through the "process" again, and I think it's actually easier in the NFL than NBA to super tank and come out well.

We'll be hearing a lot in the useless yapfest that is the blogosphere about how what we're doing is wrong, unethical and how the franchise is cheating the fans, and even the NFL itself. It's all bull****. Remember everybody ripping Cleveland etc. Now the Browns are the darlings of the NFL. Time will pass and ultimately all this "tank" talk won't mean sh**.

And it took how many years? & that is only 5 starters

I am Sixers fan too. Took them about 6-7 years to get to this point. I'm also an Astros fan, their tank took about six years to come to fruition. Not sure if can withstand 5 to 6 years of that with the Dolphins without distancing myself from the team. Though my fandom for the Dolphins is on entirely differnt level compared to my other teams so I am sure I will stay for the punishment.

Ethical or not I'm eagerly waiting on the music that goes with the tanking. The Suck for Luck songs were Grammy worthy in the comedy catagory. We have some very creative fans.

Back
Top Bottom