What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical?

Dolphins unethical?

• Total voters
Tank is an ugly word therefor it has ugly condemnations, if we called it a rebuild it go over easier.

Truth is the Dolphins are rebuilding.

Last edited:
No not as long as the Pats keep bending the rules its what u do to keep up though I personally wouldn't do it.

I am Sixers fan too. Took them about 6-7 years to get to this point. I'm also an Astros fan, their tank took about six years to come to fruition. Not sure if can withstand 5 to 6 years of that with the Dolphins without distancing myself from the team. Though my fandom for the Dolphins is on entirely differnt level compared to my other teams so I am sure I will stay for the punishment.
OT, but curious....Do Sixer fans still love Barkley as much as us Suns fans. Sometimes I forget he spent most of his career in Philly.

I will it revolutionary if it works. (Which if we get Tua, Im pretty sure it will). If we dont get Tua, I will call it a lot of other things. Mostly 4 letter words.

No because I believe it's a tanking. Miami was going into the season with less talent but still enough to make it dangerous if they were actually 100% set on Tua.

Miami traded Tunsil and Stills because of what they were offered, Fitzpatrick and Alonzo because they asked to be traded.

Finally Fitzpatrick is starting at QB, nor because they want to lose badly, but to give the line time together, before bringing in Rosen, and giving him a legitimate (Or as legit possible), to show what he can do.

Miami is losing in an Epic way because they are not good, when Rosen steps in either it will get a bit better, worse, ot just as bad, but what is happening is not on purpose or illegal.

Going to be real comical watching us play Cincinnati this year. I do think what we are doing is unethical and disingenuous to competitiveness. It is one thing to trade players from a previous regime when you want a makeover and another to sell the farm and start from scratch. You should have to be required to field a team that is competitive. I see that we are doing nothing outside the rules and the upside is undeniable I guess, but I don’t think anyone ever imagined the tank was so blatantly real as what the Dolphins are doing. They are forfeiting a season. It seems shameful.

My Sixers did it. Worked out pretty well. NBA title or bust this year. So I am ready to go through the "process" again, and I think it's actually easier in the NFL than NBA to super tank and come out well.

We'll be hearing a lot in the useless yapfest that is the blogosphere about how what we're doing is wrong, unethical and how the franchise is cheating the fans, and even the NFL itself. It's all bull****. Remember everybody ripping Cleveland etc. Now the Browns are the darlings of the NFL. Time will pass and ultimately all this "tank" talk won't mean sh**.
Your Sixers play an 84-game schedule in the NBA and have 15 players on a game day roster. The NFL plays 16 games and have 54 players on any given game day roster. The NBA is mostly a non-contact league while NFL players are one hit away from retirement.

Depends on your definition of tanking. I view it as the coach and players purposely throwing games. I don't see that. Not having good enough players at every position is not a tank. Every team suffers from that somewhere on their roster. We have a higher percentage of below average players in starting positions than most teams. Is that unethical? Absolutely not.
I think that's a large part of where the arguments come from.

From a coaching/player stand point, no they probably aren't throwing games. And so then people will say we're not tanking.

But then again, the FO has dismantled the roster, so because of that, people say we are tanking.

So whether we call it tanking or rebuilding, I think we can all agree that while the coaches/players may be giving it all with what ammo they have available, the moves made show they are looking towards the future. So....who cares what we call it?

Dude the Colts tanked the season and all these chumps could talk about was how great a pick Luck was. They didn't even care that a Hall Of Fame QB in Manning was just discarded. A QB that went on to win a superbowl in Denver. Now they want to jump on us. FCK them. The Phins have not said they are tankning and the Tunsil trade they had to do because it was good for the franchise. They didn't even seek that trade out. It came to them and it was the right move. Neither did they initiate the Fits trade. I for one am very happy with how it's going. It sucks that all we have are are a bunch of whiner threads about it. So far we could not have hoped for better results on trades.

There's nothing "unethical" about it. It's just a PATHETIC strategy.

It's basically an admission of pure and utter incompetence. "We've been so poor in talent evaluation in both the draft and free agency, and have wrecked our salary cap, so this is the only option"....It's a mockery.

I get why you're saying that but where it shines the light on incompetence is on the previous regime. This is Ross admitting that he allowed inferior management to run this organization. I don't see how it says that Flores or Grier are incompetent, they didn't put the product on the field over the last 20 years. Yes Grier had some small hand in it the last couple years but nobody can honestly say that HE was the loudest voice in the room or the one that made any final decisions. I see the last several months as full effort on his part to work this plan they have set in motion and not waver from it. Kudos to him for working his plan. Now, let's keep hitting home runs in FA and the draft so we can see what Flores is made of.

OT, but curious....Do Sixer fans still love Barkley as much as us Suns fans. Sometimes I forget he spent most of his career in Philly.
I always loved him with Sixers and Suns. Though I was pissed when he went to the Suns lol. I always rooted for the Suns to win it all when he went there.

Yep. I hate it, and I’m embarrassed by it. It’s a cheap way to (hopefully) get good. I’d absolutely hate it if another team was going it as blatantly as the Dolphins. I’d probably even be wondering why the league are allowing it. But I do get why it’s being done.

I reserve the right to change my opinion in the future dependant on results. If we’re in a Super Bowl in 3 years I won’t be complaining.
Agreed. I remember getting upset that the Colts were doing it.

Back
Top Bottom