What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical?

Dolphins unethical?

• Total voters
I think it's ridiculous! The Fins were not a 3 off 4 win team. They were consistently at or around .500 or better. Better front office, better coaching and better drafting is what was needed. Now nobody wants to play for this dysfunctional organization anyway, whether it be a college freshman or a prized free agent. The franchise has plummeted to new depths.
What team have been watching the past couple of decades? I agree they were consistent, consistently mediocre for a long time. Why not try something different instead of putzing around doing the same constant year in and year out accomplishing nothing.

Not at all.

Can’t feel sorry for the people who whine about paying “g00d m0niez” to watch the Fins this year...

Anyone with half a brain knew this team was going to be day old dog ****, regardless of who was still going to be here...

I’d rather go all-in, rather than see another 6-9 win season with a #15 draft pick and no hope of drafting a QB of the future

First, this tank in honestly the best thing that has happen to the franchise in 20 plus year. No only is ethical, it was 100 percent needed to fix the **** that was done by Ireland, Hickey, and Tannenbaum.

Second, we have known about since ****ing January, who the hell was thinking other wise? Any thing else puts us right back to where we have been for the last couple of decades.

Third, watching some of you whine and bitch is making it so much better. "you just have a man crush" Yes, excuse me for thinking about more then this one season and wanting to have a shot at a legit QB. On top of that, having the resources to actually put players around said QB. I'm giddy as ****, that this franchise actually has some semblance of higher thought and planning to be good for more then a season, or one of those fringe teams that need a **** ton of luck to back into the playoffs only to get prison raped in the wild card round.

Finally, you are god damn right I and rooting for them to lose...because I know the potential all those losses can bring. Question my fandom...**** off...I actually think about more then my immediate enjoyment and can look long term at an even greater payoff. I don't want the team to fight for 3 wins this year...I want them in the playoffs every ****ing year!

I think it's ridiculous! The Fins were not a 3 off 4 win team. They were consistently at or around .500 or better.
No, they weren't.

Over the last fifteen seasons, Miami has averaged just under 7 wins a season-- on the downside of mediocre. They only made it to the playoffs twice and both times they were punted in the first round.

During that stretch, the team finished above .500 only 3 times and at .500 twice; they were under .500 a whopping 10 times (i.e. they were only a .500 or better team about 30% of the time over the last decade and a half).

Illegal is having your equipment men deflate your footballs so that your team fumbles less...tearing down your roster in order to rebuild it is not illegal.

Now if the coach told the QB to throw interceptions intentionally to lose...that would be illegal.

I only put other because there could be some undecided out there too. But, I don't think it's unethical. I can see where they're coming from, but at the end of the day as long as they're making plans to improve, I don't see how you can have a moral objection.

That guys a moron...the patriots do whatever it takes to win cheat etc. why can’t we start from scratch and in the process pick high in the draft.

It is unethical because they are charging regular ticket prices. And they are still expecting players like Xavien Howard and other good frontline players to risk injuries which could end their careers.
They get paid to play football regardless of 16-0 or o-16 ...still gotta earn your check.. don’t be a sheep!

Would have taken less time if it wasn't for injuries to Embiid and Simmons. That's another topic though.

hey Simmons finally learning to do a jump shot

First, this tank in honestly the best thing that has happen to the franchise in 20 plus year. No only is ethical, it was 100 percent needed to fix the **** that was done by Ireland, Hickey, and Tannenbaum.

Second, we have known about since ****ing January, who the hell was thinking other wise? Any thing else puts us right back to where we have been for the last couple of decades.

Third, watching some of you whine and bitch is making it so much better. "you just have a man crush" Yes, excuse me for thinking about more then this one season and wanting to have a shot at a legit QB. On top of that, having the resources to actually put players around said QB. I'm giddy as ****, that this franchise actually has some semblance of higher thought and planning to be good for more then a season, or one of those fringe teams that need a **** ton of luck to back into the playoffs only to get prison raped in the wild card round.

Finally, you are god damn right I and rooting for them to lose...because I know the potential all those losses can bring. Question my fandom...**** off...I actually think about more then my immediate enjoyment and can look long term at an even greater payoff. I don't want the team to fight for 3 wins this year...I want them in the playoffs every ****ing year!
Wow are you and I simplistic

Not at all.

Can’t feel sorry for the people who whine about paying “g00d m0niez” to watch the Fins this year...

Anyone with half a brain knew this team was going to be day old dog ****, regardless of who was still going to be here...

I’d rather go all-in, rather than see another 6-9 win season with a #15 draft pick and no hope of drafting a QB of the future
Truth

I only put other because there could be some undecided out there too. But, I don't think it's unethical. I can see where they're coming from, but at the end of the day as long as they're making plans to improve, I don't see how you can have a moral objection.

It's unethical to charge fans NFL ticket prices to put out this XFL b*******

It's not like they didn't tell everyone what they were doing

Dec 31 2018

It was repeat all during the off season, you couldn't pull-up a Dolphins news site without it blasting at you.

Nope.

Simply put the goal of every org in the NFL is win the SB.

For 20 years Dolphins have tried the brick by brick method, spent tons on one FA flop after another i.e Suh, Wallace, Ellerbe, Wheeler, the end result was 2 decades flushed down the drain.

Every big corporation at some point opts to at the very least restructure or at lowest point hit the reset button entirely. This is big business, you're competing with 31 other adversaries, if a complete reset is what is required to catapult your team/org/business into legit contention for a SB you do it without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom