What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think? Is this tank unethical?

Dolphins unethical?

• Total voters
I think that's a large part of where the arguments come from.

From a coaching/player stand point, no they probably aren't throwing games. And so then people will say we're not tanking.

But then again, the FO has dismantled the roster, so because of that, people say we are tanking.

So whether we call it tanking or rebuilding, I think we can all agree that while the coaches/players may be giving it all with what ammo they have available, the moves made show they are looking towards the future. So....who cares what we call it?

I think the difference is actually: those who call it rebuild want the current players to get better and hoping that some of them will be useful in the future. With that comes the fact that people who say "it is a rebuild" also would be happy to win.

Those who subscribe to "tanking" are actively rooting against the team and hope they lose games - only because they have a man crush.
It is not only despicable it also shows an extreme narrow and very limited vision on how to build a successful franchise. Like I always say: simplistic.

I always loved him with Sixers and Suns. Though I was pissed when he went to the Suns lol. I always rooted for the Suns to win it all when he went there.
I just had started watching basketball when he joined the Suns, but I've gone back and watched some of his highlight stuff on the youtubes and man his highlights with the Sixers are just amazing and fun to watch.

I think the difference is actually: those who call it rebuild want the current players to get better and hoping that some of them will be useful in the future. With that comes the fact that people who say "it is a rebuild" also would be happy to win.

Those who subscribe to "tanking" are actively rooting against the team and hope they lose games - only because they have a man crush.
It is not only despicable it also shows an extreme narrow and very limited vision on how to build a successful franchise. Like I always say: simplistic.
Yeah, I think calling it despicable is being a bit harsh. While I agree with the hope of player development, I could care less about any wins, so can't blame anyone for wanting the best draft position, regardless of if they're hoping for Tua or whatever else.

That being said, I can't subscribe to that train of thought because getting yourself over excited about us drafting a specific player is setting yourself up for disappointment. The one thing that would find despicable is if some of those same people lose their **** if we don't draft Tua.

As long as you communicate this to the team and move the players who request it and offer season ticket holders a refund, then I have no problem with it. I think they should move Howard while they're purging. What's the point for him besides the money? He could go spend his prime years being a difference maker. There's not much talent on the roster besides him and guys on rookie contracts so he really is wasting his time here. The problem with this tank is, we'd have been terrible regardless of tanking and dealing young players who haven't entered their prime and who could have been part of the solution just creates another hole that needs to be filled. They'll be hoping to find a LT as good as Tunsil with a pick in the 20s. Hoping to find a S as good as Minkah with a pick in the 20s. And since you're using first round picks just to fill holes you created, you haven't really gained anything in the trade imo. And that is if you actually hit on they picks which I have zero faith that they will. To make all these moves right before and after the season starts IS unethical to the fans who bought season tickets. But like I said, as long as you offer refunds they're straight. Though I seriously doubt they have

In my eyes, you better hope we are tanking. If this Coaching staff is really trying hard to win.....well... Cam Cameron wont be at the top of the worst Miami coaches list for much longer.

Ive never liked the idea of tanking... to me it just dangerous.

You are tearing a team apart with the HOPE that all the draft picks and money you are accumulating will make you competitive sooner..

at best, it works great and we have a competitive team for many years

at worse, your draft picks are busts, the FA you sign under-perform and we all end up in a much worse situation than we were in at the beginning of the offseason this year.

No offense but I think it’s a stupid question. Each organization is free to do whatever they want within the rules. The only rule that remotely pushes competitiveness is the salary cap floor.

Well, I think I the NFL will start to do the draft differently, maybe a lottery for the top overall pick much like the NBA.

Even if it's completely ethical, we have every justification to be pissed at the ownership and front office for putting us in this position to start with.

In my eyes, you better hope we are tanking. If this Coaching staff is really trying hard to win.....well... Cam Cameron wont be at the top of the worst Miami coaches list for much longer.

Ive never liked the idea of tanking... to me it just dangerous.

You are tearing a team apart with the HOPE that all the draft picks and money you are accumulating will make you competitive sooner..

at best, it works great and we have a competitive team for many years

at worse, your draft picks are busts, the FA you sign under-perform and we all end up in a much worse situation than we were in at the beginning of the offseason this year.
I'm really struggling with it as well. Based on personnel, Miami resembles an expansion team.

It's a long way to dig up from where they are. The draft, though, should be exciting.

Yes, it is criminal. It's an intentional tort, a fraud, malpractice, intentional dereliction of duty, a scam, for years and years and years.

Last edited:
I think it's ridiculous! The Fins were not a 3 off 4 win team. They were consistently at or around .500 or better. Better front office, better coaching and better drafting is what was needed. Now nobody wants to play for this dysfunctional organization anyway, whether it be a college freshman or a prized free agent. The franchise has plummeted to new depths.

“ if you are a smart team you don’t need to tank”

I’ve heard this phrase used a couple times and I think the lack of some deeper thinking is required.

Brand new regimes should not be punished for the past regimes transgressions and incompetence..

In football, with a hard cap, it’s really nobodies business outside that front office on how they want to build a dynasty...

Keep their head down and focus on the plan..

Back
Top Bottom