What do you guys think your better at the bills at. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think your better at the bills at.

I don't know...it's a little lame, and I will end up changing it soon enough...as a matter of fact, I'll change it now.

Drew Bledsoe had four great years. It just so happens that Drew also had Curtis Martin three of those years, and then Robert Edwards the fourth.

IF Henry shows up, and becomes a real solid runner, I say the Bills compete for the division. If however, it is up to Drew and the WR's to win games, 8-8 is the best you'll do.

Jay has done something that Bledsoe has yet to do. That is make it to the playoffs, and go 11-5 with NO RUNNING GAME WHATSOEVER. Not to mention a beat down O line.

984, I think you need to add Rich Gannon to your list of QB's better than Jay. Give Jay a few more years, and I think he will be right up there with Rich.

Gannon is amazingly productive. Even at his age, he shows no signs of slowing down.

I had Gannon there, thought about it, and took it down.

I guess it is a matter of opinion. I watch a lot of Raiders games, and I personally think he's just not that great. He's like an old Tom Brady. All he can do is throw 5 yard slants to Tim Brown and Jerry Rice or dump it off to a Runningback.

No kidding Muck, thats just classless when you boo your own team's QB.

Well considering I grew up as a Rams fan out here on the West Coast, it was proper and expected to boo the quarterback. During the Chuck Knox era(when I was age 12 to 16) there was a different starting quarterback every year. During that era John Hadl, James Harris, Ron Jaworski, Pat Haden, and Joe Namath all started. All of them were erratic, and most fans wanted something better. Outside of quarterback the Rams probably had the best teams in the 1970's, but the quarterback problems probably cost them a couple of Super Bowl titles.

Basically, Fiedler reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie...You guys must know what people associated with Flutie. "He just wins." Well, Fiedler does win, I will give him that, but honestly, this year will be the year to evaluate Bledsoe. The past few years have been hard to evaluate him due to declining teams and weakened weapons up in New England. Now, people will say that Brady played with the same team as Bledsoe, but in reality, that was not true. Brady had Antowain Smith and a running game. Bledsoe had no running game because Antowain Smith wasn't starting for him. I think if you give Bledsoe the weapons, he will be a top notch starting QB again, but we will see this year.

Interesting analysis by the Bills80 guy. I myself think Bledsole might have a rough season this year. I still think the Buffalo offensive line will have problems this year. I do think they chose the wrong tackle in the draft. Also the tight end posistion there was weakened, Dave Moore is OK but not at the level of Reitsma, and Bledsole was most productive when he had an active tight end, not a safety valve one. Also Buufolo's stadium is not a good place to throw the ball either.

Hey WharfRat

Aren't these facts? "Jay Fiedler had an 8 game stretch when he had 17 turnovers himself". i used that fact to dispute someones claim that he makes good decisions. His interception % was terrible.

More Facts on you Boy:
Int %: 27th in the NFL
Passing Yards/game: 19th
First downs/game:26th

What facts are you talking about that I ignored? That he won 23 games over 2 years. He didn't do that the team did. Thats a weak argument to defend his play. Using that brilliant logic than Trent Dilfer is the #1 QB in the League.

BTW, I never called anybody stupid.

I did say some of the comments they used to defend Fiedler were stupid. And I would say it again because a lot of those comments were just that...stupid.

Originally posted by FFNSB

I did say some of the comments they used to defend Fiedler were stupid. And I would say it again because a lot of those comments were just that...stupid.

OK genius... how about the facts you chose to ignore... such as Jay's QB rating for the year, apparently the ENTIRE second half of the season where his INTs dropped dramatically. Are you judging him solely on his performance in the beginning of the season? If every QB that struggled early was benched or replaced, there would be more QB controversies than teams could handle. On that note, are you proposing that a QB controversy is what the Dolphins needed last year? or this year? And who would you have had us put in there? Lucas? McNown? Puuuleeeese...
And now? who should start?
You're so quick to bash Jay... then offer a reasonable solution. If you can't then put a sock in it, and support the team you claim to be a fan of... the entire team. To boo your own team does not help the situation... do you think quality players would want to come to, or stay in Miami if the fans constantly booed the team? If you say yes... then that is a true stupid comment.

By the way...

Many of your comments have been less than intelligent... such as your proven lack of knowledge concerning Jay's contract. But, I never lowered myself to your level, by saying that it was stupid... just keep that in mind before you attempt to insult someone's opinions. Boy.

And another thing...

First downs/game:26th

How can you blame 1st down % completely on the QB? Does the term "no running game" mean anything to you? Using that logic, you may as well blame the fact that the defense couldn't stop the run towards the end of the season on Jay also...

Originally posted by bills711
Coming up on this upcoming season what do the Dolphins have that the bills don't.

unloyal fans.:lol: :lol: :lol: jk.

Back
Top Bottom