What do you guys think your better at the bills at. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think your better at the bills at.

Will you guys stop getting all teary-eyed because I said a few negative things about the QB.

And Wharf...I didn't say it was "COMPLETELY his fault" but isn't the QB the guy that runs the offense? He must take a lot of responsibility for their failure to get first downs. Don't you agree?

But if you want to split hairs...can we at least agree that these 2 problems are 100% on him:
Int %: 27th in the NFL
Passing Yards/game: 19th
Thank you.

This all started when I agreed with the Bills fan that Bledsoe is better than Fiedler. Come on girls...it's true. But a bunch of you jumped on my ass with ridiculous comments such as "Jay is better...I wouldn't trade Jay for Bledsoe...Bledsoe is too old" Even though Jay is older than Bledsoe. I called the comment stupid. It was. There were plenty more too. Like Fiedelr is the 7th best QB in the NFL. That's a joke.

I realize what he is...an average NFL starter. He has some good qualities but overall there are at least 15 guys better than him.

So keep crying that "I'm not a REAL fan" because I'm not all RAH..RAH for Jay. At least I can look at the team objectively.

BTW, Is ther another Dolphin Message Board you would like to send me too? Just let me know.

Oh for Christ sake, just shut up already we've all given you justifiable reasons why we think what we think. You on the other hand keep tossing the same arguements, sprinkled with "if you think otherwise, you're wrong". If you want to start counting "stupid" comments... your uneducated comments about Jay's contract is a biggie...want me to name some more? Take it somewhere else already...nobody is crying about it, we're just all sick of your idiotic BS. Either drop it and move on to something else... or go far, far away.
Let's just leave it at this... you don't like or support Jay... we do. Now let the dead horse lay there in peace, will ya? :rolleyes:

You can check out the Miami Herald's message boards, ummmm the Dolphin Digest I think has forums.

I know a few other Jay bashers that frequent that site, so you'll just fit right in.

Originally posted by dolfan87
You can check out the Miami Herald's message boards, ummmm the Dolphin Digest I think has forums.

I know a few other Jay bashers that frequent that site, so you'll just fit right in.

Make it easy on him... give him the URL also.... I'm sure he will fit in... :stooges:

Originally posted by WharfRat

Make it easy on him... give him the URL also.... I'm sure he will fit in... :stooges:

LOL!!!!!!!!!
:lol::toliet: FFNSB

Originally posted by FFNSB
Will you guys stop getting all teary-eyed because I said a few negative things about the QB.

And Wharf...I didn't say it was "COMPLETELY his fault" but isn't the QB the guy that runs the offense? He must take a lot of responsibility for their failure to get first downs. Don't you agree?

But if you want to split hairs...can we at least agree that these 2 problems are 100% on him:
Int %: 27th in the NFL
Passing Yards/game: 19th
Thank you.

This all started when I agreed with the Bills fan that Bledsoe is better than Fiedler. Come on girls...it's true. But a bunch of you jumped on my ass with ridiculous comments such as "Jay is better...I wouldn't trade Jay for Bledsoe...Bledsoe is too old" Even though Jay is older than Bledsoe. I called the comment stupid. It was. There were plenty more too. Like Fiedelr is the 7th best QB in the NFL. That's a joke.

I realize what he is...an average NFL starter. He has some good qualities but overall there are at least 15 guys better than him.

So keep crying that "I'm not a REAL fan" because I'm not all RAH..RAH for Jay. At least I can look at the team objectively.

BTW, Is ther another Dolphin Message Board you would like to send me too? Just let me know.

Drew Bledsoe has SO many more miles on him than Jay it's ridiculous.

Passing yards per attempt: 6th in the NFL
4th Quarter Tds: #1 in the NFL

You talk about the 1st half a lot. Did you know, that in the 2nd half of the year, he was the 4th best QB in the league TD/INT ratio wise. Only behind Warner, Favre, and Garcia. BEST in the AFC.

In 1999 Drew Bledsoe had a stretch of 6 games where he threw 16 INTs. (Thank you 87 for the stat) Drew aint perfect.

You can't blame Jay for the lack of attempts he got. Chan liked to run for one yard a lot. As you can see with Jay being the 6th best in the league with yards per attempt, he made the most he could with every pass. You can't blame him for not getting the yards, because he didn't have the attempts.

He was 18th in the league in attempts. 131 attempts behind the leader in attempts (Jay had more yards than him believe it or not)

Jay Fiedler is better than Drew Bledsoe.

In 2001, the Dolphins allowed 18 points a game.

In 2000, the Patriots allowed 21 points a game.

Now, if you think a field goal difference has to do with a lot more wins for Jay, and fair amount higher of a QB rating, then you sir, are an idiot. ;)

Between Faulk and Redmond the had the same amount of yards as Lamar. So the run game is not the issue.

Remember, we won 11 games with Jay in 2001, Drew won 5 in 2000.

I haven't left yet Wharf...Here's something new for you.

TD/INT Ratio...This is a pretty important factor when evaluating a QB.

1996-1998...Blesoe had 75 TDS and only 44 INTs. Those are GREAT NUMBERS. Which is why the Patriots won the AFC champoinship with Bledsoe as the starter. It's also the reason he's been in the Pro Bowl.

Fiedler's only 2 years as a starter: 34 Tds and 33 INTS. Those are very average numbers. Which has been my point all along. He's an average NFL starter...nothing more.

Dolphan

What about the 6 or 7 Defensive TDS and GREAT Special Teams play from Miami. Did that help Miami win some of these games?

And yes...3 points/game is a lot. It's 48 points less in one season. (Yes, I did the math myself). That does make a difference in the W-L column. Giving up 18 points/game will get you in the top 10 in scoring D. 21 points/game puts you at 23-24 in the NFL.

You don't think that matters?

FFNSB, you ignored Dolfan984's post up there, aren't you going to comment on it? Just wondering......

From 95-98 He had Martin/Edwards. He is no good without a run game!

His carrer totals are 166 tds and 138 ints.

You take out the 75 tds and 44 ints. It's 91 tds and 94 ints.

Jay has done better. Jay is better.

Yes I agree that he had 2 very good games in the 2nd half of last year.

But what did Mr. Consistency do the next week after these big games? He followed up each good performance with 3 INT's the next week.

More numbers for Fiedler supporters:

Less than 200 yards passing in 6 of the last 8 games last year.
2 picks or more in 7 games last year.
Only one 300 yard game in his career with the Fins. That's 1 in 31 starts.
1-1 TD/INT Ratio. This number is inflated a little because he had 2 monster games last year. Take those 2 away and its really ugly for the other 14 games.
One game with 87 yards passing. When does ANY NFL QB throw for less than 100 yards in a game?

All this from a top 7-10 QB? I don't think so.

And finally, don't take my word for it...I just got the Pro
Football Weekly Preview. The good news is they say that Miami will win the AFC East. However, They rate Fiedler as the #21 QB in the NFL. I think its a little high for him but backs my claim that he isn't a top QB.

Can anyone find an independent publication that puts him in the TOP 10? I doubt it.

Are yu refering to his statement about Fiedlers 2nd half play?

If so, read the stats above. and don't gloss over the "Less than 200 yards in 6 of the last 8 games."

Those aren't the numbers of a top QB.

Back
Top Bottom