What group of Players will be Miami's "Go To Package" on offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What group of Players will be Miami's "Go To Package" on offense?

I would say.

RB - Bush
FB - Clay
TE - Fasano
WR #1 - Marshall
WR #2 - Gates
WR #3 (slot) - Bess

I put Gates in there because with him they have to respect his speed, he takes the top off the defense and prevents the safeties from cheating over to Marshall or playing close to the line to stop Bush. Clay allows us to use the FB as a pass catching threat unlike Polite. It's actually a pretty tough defensive matchup and a lot of options for Henne to throw to.

heh runnin with 4 linemen?

I just hope our go to package does not include carpenter lol

In 3 WR sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates/Bess
TE - Fasano

In 2 TE sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano
TE/H-Back - Clay

Or maybe to confuse opponents..

RB - Reggie Bush
FB - Clay
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano

And then either (a) Reggie Bush goes in motion to the slot receiver position, or (b) Clay goes in motion to the TE/H-back position. Keep opponents guessing.

Clay is gonna give defenses fits if we line him up at fb and motion him out.

We've got the personnel to create some great mismatches this year. Henne just needs to put the ball on the money

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Clay is gonna give defenses fits if we line him up at fb and motion him out.

We've got the personnel to create some great mismatches this year. Henne just needs to put the ball on the money

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

we kind of heard the same thing in 2007 and we all know how that worked out but Bush should be able to create some problems. not convinced that Chales Clay will have much of an impact.

I would like to see Gates get on the field over Hartline, but at least for the first half of the season, you will see Marshall/Hartline/Bess in 3WR sets a lot more than you will see Marshall/Gates/Bess.

Well I'd like it to be...

Bush, Marshall, Gates, Bess, Clay

But It Will probably be...

Bush, Marshall, Hartline, Bess, Fasano

Lets face it folks, Sporano loves Fasano and Hartline.

I see a similar formation as well.

Split Wide: Marshall, Hartline/Gates
Slot WRs: Bess, Bush
TE: Fasano

For now I want Hartline in, until Gates can prove he can make big plays in the regulkar season.

Bess and Bush in the slot will be a nightmare match up for defenses.

The reason I'd want Fasano in is because he is a very good pass blocker and if the defense decides to blitz and fifth or sixth guy, Henne can call change the blocking up front and Fasano can pick up the bltz and any of those other four wideouts can win one on one matchups for big plays.

If you don't have at least one TE or RB on the line or in the backfield, you leave yourself open to the blitz with no way to pick up the extra rusher.

I see a similar formation as well.

Split Wide: Marshall, Hartline/Gates
Slot WRs: Bess, Bush
TE: Fasano

For now I want Hartline in, until Gates can prove he can make big plays in the regulkar season.

Bess and Bush in the slot will be a nightmare match up for defenses.
He can't prove it if you don't play him. The fact that he's scoring with regularity on Sean Smith and Vontae Davis is good enough for me. Put the kid in and let him do his thing.

He can't prove it if you don't play him. The fact that he's scoring with regularity on Sean Smith and Vontae Davis is good enough for me. Put the kid in and let him do his thing.

I'm referring more that he prove it when the game isn't on the line.

If he shows he can make big plays during the course of a game (specifically plays called for him), then I'd be more comfortable with him in late game situations.

Hartline has decent speed, runs precise routes, and has good hands. I'd take that over a rookie who is fast and not proven yet.

I believe Gates will be special, but let's not forget he is a rookie and will take time before he becomes an impact player.

There are so many great different combinations it's hard to pick one.

4 WR's w/ Hartline, Marshall, Bess and Gates with Bush in the backfield

3 WR's w/ Marshall, Bess and Gates with Bush and Clay in the backfield. Then motion either RB to a WR and it will cause a LB or S to have to cover them.

3 WR's w/ Marshal, Bess and Gates w/ Clay at TE and Bush at RB.

We could go on and on. It sounds like Daboll is finally putting people in motion so I bet we are going to see different alignments continiously on game days.

One thing for sure though Henne has to become more consistent than last year or it won't matter two ****s what formation/combination of playmakers we have on the field. I cautiously am hoping for the best all the while preparing for the worst.

Back
Top Bottom