What Houck Really Wanted to Say | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Houck Really Wanted to Say

Let me clarify the infamous "gold mine" statement. I said, compared to what he started with in San Diego, Miami seems like a gold mine. This is a group of talented young guys, who are begging for leadership. They need someone like Houck to lead them and they need a coach that can provide solid schemes which will utilize their talents.

Believe me, this line is nowhere nearly as bad as what we saw last year and Hudson Houck already knows that. He was smiling during that interview because he knows that the national media and sportswriters really have no clue as to how good we can become. I certainly don't think this line will be tops in the league, or anything close, but we will be drastically improved. Wait and see.

L.T.21 said:
WOW!

In this corner, wearing the red trunks with blue and white trims, representing the great white north Buffalo standing at 11,254 posts, Justasportsfan.

On the opposite corner, representing South Beach, wearing green trunks with orange trims, standing at 1905 posts, Sal Lisitano!

Looks the gloves are off!

Pretty sad that he's a bills fan and has over 11,000 posts on a miami dolphins message board. i got to admit that i have had decent discussions with justa...but he loves to shoot down any positive post by a fins fan on a fins message board...go figure!!!

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
Pretty sad that he's a bills fan and has over 11,000 posts on a miami dolphins message board. i got to admit that i have had decent discussions with justa...but he loves to shoot down any positive post by a fins fan on a fins message board...go figure!!!

Go Fins!!!

I think its a great thing he has over 11,000 posts. The more opinions from different perspectives the better- besides, without justasportsfan, the conversations would be boring.

Heck, Im close to a 1,000 and Im the biggest CHARGERS fan you'll ever come across, but I enjoy your site and enjoy your members (that is until we play you guys of course), ;-)

Sal Lisitano said:
Are you the GM of the Chargers? No...it does not bother me but you always have something to say as soon as a FinFan posts something positive ON A FINS message board. WTF is that all about? He made an assumption...that how he felt about the interview...and then you post this :shakeno:

Go Fins!!!
and you can't talk about an assumption? If it bothers you so much that I am here , there's an ignore button that could come in handy. :tongue:

Sal Lisitano said:

Go Fins!!!
Someone has to stick around and tell finfans w/ teal and orange glasses that the fins aren't going to go undefeated every year :rolleyes:

Justasportsfan said:
Someone has to stick around and tell finfans w/ teal and orange glasses that the fins aren't going to go undefeated every year :rolleyes:

the member who started this post...never said that the Fins would go undefeated.

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:

You don't think we do that pretty well here justa, you know we police each other pretty good here..but as I told you before, it's June, this is when all fans can dream..even Bills fans, and you know you have some good homers on your board as well. :lol:

Sal Lisitano said:
the member who started this post...never said that the Fins would go undefeated.

Go Fins!!!
Did I say he was the one who predicted it?there's already been a few predictions here picking the fins to win the sb this year :lol:

MDFINFAN said:
You don't think we do that pretty well here justa, you know we police each other pretty good here..but as I told you before, it's June, this is when all fans can dream..even Bills fans, and you know you have some good homers on your board as well. :lol:
We do. Just not as much or as bad as the ones here :tongue:

FinFan57 said:
After watching the video of Houck a few days ago, I couldn't help but noticing a concealed grin on his face. He has such an air of confidence and seems to be very at ease with this line.

At the interview, I think Houck really wanted to say, "Basically guys, the Dolphins had the worst Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach I have ever seen. My grand daughter could have done a better job of teaching these guys than Tony Wise." Then the press would have asked, "Oh, really. Were you not impressed with the scheme Wise was using?" Houck's reply, "What scheme?" Houck is then thinking to himself, "These guys have no idea how good these players are. I inherited a gold mine, compared to San Diego, but of course I'm not going to tell anyone else that."

Bottom line is that we have a lot of talent on our oline, especially if you compare our line to what Houck inherited last year in San Diego. He had 5 new starters, two of which were rookies who were 2nd day picks. The Dolphins have two 1st rounders (Carey and McDougle), a 3 year starter (McIntosh), a guy who started for a Super Bowl Team (James) and some talented young guys (McKinney, Hadnot) who just need to be coached. Not to mention, we have a great Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach who will work with and not against Houck.
Yes, there is alot of potential with this line. Its a pity that Houck is only on a two year contract though.

Justasportsfan said:

Since when are we not going undefeated... :yell:

:lol::lol:

islandah said:
I don't know about a gold mine, but I'm sure he's confident he can get a lot more out of this line that underperformed and were poorly coached last year. He also benefits from them being together a year. Their newness to each other was a huge factor in their poor play last year.

I couldn't agree more. The line did play better over the last few weeks - which isn't saying too much, but a lot of it had to do with the fact that they finally had an idea of where each other was going. That familiarity, along with a better scheme and outstanding coaching, should give us a top-15 line this year. That alone will be a huge difference maker compared to last season, and will go a long way in building for '06 and '07.

Back
Top Bottom