What I saw from the Falcons and RYAN mainly... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I saw from the Falcons and RYAN mainly...

the oc here is straight garbage...i don't care how many times penny checks to the rb or fullback in the flat...garbage

No way around it, Parcells' time here was a colossal failure.

We as fans are not paid millions to make the right decision...that's up to the front office.

Parcells robbed us with the decision to draft Jake Long.

In hindsight we as fans can lament not taking Matt Ryan, but Parcells was brought in for foresight.

Foresight was drafting Matt Ryan over a left tacke.

The funny thing is nobody remembers that Jake Long was drafted #1 overall, everyone assumes it was Matt Ryan.

No actually the two guys I wouldve been happy with were the NT kid from Louisville or Darrelle Revis. You can search the archives if you choose to. Or just dont believe me altogether. I dont give a ****. I mean were you even here back when all these debates went down. Anyone who has been on the boards as a mainstay can tell you I was the band leader for selecting Matt Ryan.

the nt from louisville okoye sucks ...i can't wait to get your take on this upcoming draft BEFORE THE DRAFT in the draft forum...

So you're saying that we should've drafted Brady Quinn the year before that since most thought he was franchise qb potential. You guys are great with your 20/20 hindsight.

who said ANYTHING about brady quinn???? i NEVER said **** about Quinn....INCLUDING when we drafted Ginn....notre dame never did **** with him playing...and ginn was SPECIAL in college.....we didnt miss on too many guys either....lawrence timmons, patrick willis, darrell revis......if ginn had better coaching to start his career and didnt lose confidence in himself he could have been good with a guy like ryan throwing to him.....if youve been to games...cause u cant see it on tv....ginn was often open over the top.....he had 4 RETURNS for touchdowns in his first year....3 called back by phantom BULL**** holding calls.....and MORONO benches him from special teams for over a fn year and has guys like cobbs and bess returning kicks.....BRILLIANT!!!! then when he gets a chance he returns 2 and singlehandedly beats the jets.....did he run out of bounds early YES.....but SO WHAT....the guy was a piece....he was a threat and the ONLY speed we had on offense and we ran him out of town......SO WHAT IF HE WAS PICKED 9th.....Ginn at 9 was STILL A BETTER PICK THAN MERLING AT 31 or PAT WHITE at 44.......and EVEN JAKE LONG AT #1......sorry folks jake long over matt ryan WAS A BIGGER MISS THAN TED GINN AT 9 and IT DOESNT MATTER HOW GREAT JAKE LONG IS.....nobody said **** about brady quinn....some homers may have at the time....but if you look at t there WAS A REASON HE DROPPED TO THE END OF THE FIRST ROUND.....teams didnt think he was a franchise guy.......NOBODY said Matt Ryan wouldnt be......you never heard that before that draft....and HE WAS SPECIAL IN COLLEGE....he had the intangibles

Ryan on the Dolphins in this offense would not be the same player you just saw playing for the Falcons.

Damn, how could I forget that an obvious pass situation is Henning's favorite time to use playaction.

You and madmic are the only two hanging out in this thread who wont just give it up already. Just keep the ****ing wool over your eyes. GET ****ING REAL.

First of all, Henning is nothing but a scapegoat for you guys. The reality is Parcells ****ed us royally. He hired an incompetent staff, and yes that includes Henning, then he passed on Matt Ryan. Those 2 blunders alone were enough to kill the whole operation and set the regime as a failure. Just admit it.

What the **** difference does it make what play Henning wouldve called? Really? Are you seriously trying to suggest after what you just witnessed, if you were even watching, that Matt Ryan isnt one of the best QBs in this whole ****ing league already? Are you really going to even suggest Henne is even CLOSE to him??? REALLY? Do it then. Quit the BSing with the lame excuses and just come out and say it. If you arent going to say that ridiculous bs that Henne is comperable, then why ****ing bother with the Henning bashing? WTF DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE RIGHT NOW???????

Not only that, Im sick of hearing about that play action BS on 3rd downs or 2 min drills. That **** matters NONE. It just so happens, a lot of the passing plays in his offense are play action plays. The only reason they execute that part of it, is because they are calling plays with specific routes. They just happen to be play action. So since they are, there is no point in running the play without going through that motion, even if its meaningless. You dont want to be practicing running that play and not execute the small details. What happens when they call it on a 1st down in the 2nd qtr? Its not a big ****ing deal at all. It takes away nothing from the play or the teams ability to execute it just because everyone knows the fake isnt going to freeze anyone.

No way around it, Parcells' time here was a colossal failure.

As bad of a failure as I can think of. This guy had the #1 overall pick, doesn't get any easier than that. And he wastes it on a "franchise" LT. **** that.

The worse part is I went up against Roddy White in fantasy!

Lol, not that anyone cares.

Of course the MODS moved this thread from the main forum. Can't take the TRUTH!!!

It is relevant

Not me. I just don't think drafting the best LT in the game and what most considered a good choice at qb a failure. It just hasn't worked out with Henne, but it was still a good plan. Until Ryan actually wins a game that actually matters, like an actual playoff game, I'll reserve anointing him the next great qb.

wow, you really are a blind, gullible homer. You have NO idea what you're talking about. You NEVER take the LT over the franchise QB. Ever.

Let me ask you, who is the Steelers LT? Was he taken #1 overall?
Who is the Patriots LT? Was he taken #1 overall?
Who is the Ravens LT? Was he taken #1 overall?
Who is the Falcons LT? Was he taken #1 overall?

The answer is no, no, no, no. None of these elite teams took a LT #1 overall. The Pats and Steelers won 5 SB's in 10 years, didn't have a "franchise LT". Get ****ing real, and wake up. You don't need a "franchise LT" to win SBs. You need a QUARTERBACK.

the nt from louisville okoye sucks ...i can't wait to get your take on this upcoming draft BEFORE THE DRAFT in the draft forum...

Yup, Okoye does suck. So did Ted Ginn.

I'll admit it, I wanted Quinn. I wanted Rodgers too. I wanted Ryan. I literally punched my floor when we took Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees.

See the trend? We need a QB. It does set your team back if you miss on a high pick at QB, but what people don't tell you is that your team is already set back by the lack of a QB in the first place.

Oh well, the hindsight could go on forever, and most of us are frustrated right now watching the kid we should have had grow up before our eyes. At least we did hit on the guy we took...Jake Long is very, very good.

Now back to that QB search.

Play action calls are not route based. Sure in High school maybe but not in the NFL you can take PA out of any play and add it to most. Bottom line with playaction in these situations is no one buys it, and it takes the QBs eyes off the field in the first place. Henne is not developed enough to trust his pre-play read without a drop read. Play action is STUPID. This crap shows that Henning has no logic to adjust and make decisions that will improve our team. Good coaches adapt to their players strengthes and avoid their weaknesses. Your girlfriend played good. He is better than Henne. The problem we have is an average QB with a OC that is too old to adapt and take a gut check and modify his philosophies. He is crap and I can blame everything I want on him.

I don't think Parcells ****ed up the way you think he did. We got the best LT in the game and what was hoped to be the future qb in Henne. Henne just didn't work out, but its not like he was a bust. Where I think he f-ed up was with draft picks like Pat White and Turner who were clear busts. Instead of having quality players with those picks that could've made the difference in close losses to the Jets and Stillers, we got two bums.

No dude. He ROYALLY ****ed up by not taking Ryan. Do you not see how good that ****ing dude is?

Just go around the league and look at the teams atop the playoff hunt. Now look at the teams who are there year in and year out, or at least steadily the last few years. ALL OF THEM with the exception of Brees and Brady have guys taken at QB near the top of the draft....1st round.

Matt Ryan is not only a good one, he is becoming a great. He is going down as one of the best this decade and I called that **** myself. Yet, we paid ******* Parcells a **** ton of money to not even figure that out. And he is supposed to be the genius?

And **** Jake Long. Big deal. He's a good LT. End of story.

Were talking about great QBs and consistantly competing for titles here. Not blocking a guy on occasion, still getting beaten by speed rushers, and mixing in false starts on the reg. Jake Long could be the best LT ever and it was still a stupid ****ing decision to pass on Matt Ryan.

And if Chad Henne isnt a ****ing bust, wtf is he? Hes a bust dude. He ****ing blows.

**** PARCELLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom