What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition?

pigskinguy said:
That is basically what I have been trying to say. And thus, anyone happy with Jay being the starter is happy with a middle of the pack team, that will either miss the playoffs entirely or go out in the first or maybe the second round. Well I would like more than that (maybe I'm greedy :evil: ) and that is why I am not happy with Fiedler as the starter.
And if he was such a proven starter, how come not ONE SINGLE team tried to get him when he was available?
As C&C Music Factory once said......"Things that make you Hmmmm"
(Wow, typing those words made me remember how much I hated that song......yeah, I hope it's in your head now too. :lol: )

When was Fiedler available, you mean before he came to Miami? Other than that I don't think he has been available. He was allowed to shop for a trade this off-season however.

None of that does anything disprove the FACT he is a proven NFL starting QB. The last 4-years proves that totally. No team wins games without the QB playing a positive role in that. The opposite is true, however Jay's win loss record is way in the black.

You can continue to try and belittle his role all you want. Some will buy into it, because they hated him from the start and NEVER gave him a chance whatsoever. It has more to do with personal pride than dealing with reality with ppl like that. Some ppl are incapable of saying they were wrong.

Oliver...

ohall said:
When was Fiedler available, you mean before he came to Miami? Other than that I don't think he has been available. He was allowed to shop for a trade this off-season however.

None of that does anything disprove the FACT he is a proven NFL starting QB. The last 4-years proves that totally. No team wins games without the QB playing a positive role in that. The opposite is true, however Jay's win loss record is way in the black.

You can continue to try and belittle his role all you want. Some will buy into it, because they hated him from the start and NEVER gave him a chance whatsoever. It has more to do with personal pride than dealing with reality with ppl like that. Some ppl are incapable of saying they were wrong.

Oliver...
He was allowed to shop himself around and had nothing. Wonder why? Jay Fielder is not an quality NFL starter......He just plays one on TV. :lol: If he was as good as you say why wouldn't some team, any team try to trade for him?

pigskinguy said:
He was allowed to shop himself around and had nothing. Wonder why? Jay Fielder is not an quality NFL starter......He just plays one on TV. :lol: If he was as good as you say why wouldn't some team, any team try to trade for him?

How do you know no team wanted him? How do you know that they didn't try and trade Fiedler when he was allowed to shop for a team?

Again none of that changes the FACT that for the last 4-years Jay has been this teams starting QB, and they have won a heck of a lot more games with starting at QB than do when he's not in there. Keep ignoring the FACTS.

I think it's time to move forward away from Jay, but you guys need to stop trying to re-write history.

Oliver...

If Fiedler was as good some of you guys think we would have made it to the playoffs last year. Yes bad o-line but as good as Fiedler can move around be could have ran for yards or thrown on the run. Joe Montana and Steve Young have won SB's but throwing on the run with Fiedler can not do.

Fiedler is not a bad player but he has not proved nothing over the last 4 seasons except to play well enough to keep the lead that the defense gave them.

Fiedler did not go to a different team because no one wanted him as a starter he said that he wanted to start somewhere.

pigskinguy said:
he's still here.

That's one huge asumption on your part that means that no team wanted him to start. There are things involved such as contract and compensation. Nah, I wouldn't let the real world get in the way either.

Again none of that changes the fact that Jay has been a NFL starting QB for the Miami Dolphins the past 4-years and he won many more than he lost as the starting QB.

Oliver...

Noland said:
If Fiedler was as good some of you guys think we would have made it to the playoffs last year. Yes bad o-line but as good as Fiedler can move around be could have ran for yards or thrown on the run. Joe Montana and Steve Young have won SB's but throwing on the run with Fiedler can not do.

Fiedler is not a bad player but he has not proved nothing over the last 4 seasons except to play well enough to keep the lead that the defense gave them.

Fiedler did not go to a different team because no one wanted him as a starter he said that he wanted to start somewhere.

There you guys go again, placing the blame on one player. You joyfully skip over the other reasons the team didn't make the play-offs and focus in on your personal agenda named Fiedler.

The last sentence is pure speculation on your part unless you work for the Dolphins or another NFL team.

Oliver...

Another post about Fiedlers Statistics which is all he has to sell. Listen when you have a quarterback like Jay Fiedler on your roster and you say he's your best qb then whoever is incharged in the front office must be smoking something good.

Fieldler cant make the throws needed, his arm is weak, his throws are overthrown, behind receivers, and if Feeley cant step up, I think we are gonna be descent with Fieldler, but no more - Im no Expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night !

pigskinguy said:
That is basically what I have been trying to say. And thus, anyone happy with Jay being the starter is happy with a middle of the pack team, that will either miss the playoffs entirely or go out in the first or maybe the second round.

Can you make the same claim about the following players:

Ricky Williams
Chris Chambers
etc
etc

Can you also claim that Marino proved to be just and average QB because the TEAM never won the SB? Only one SB appearance in 17 years. That seems pretty poor.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Can you make the same claim about the following players:

Ricky Williams
Chris Chambers
etc
etc

Can you also claim that Marino proved to be just and average QB because the TEAM never won the SB? Only one SB appearance in 17 years. That seems pretty poor.

Comparing Feidler to Marino? That's pretty good. I am finished talking about Feidler the bum he not worth it. He is what he is. Which is average AT BEST. Some of you see somethin I certainly don't. I hope AJ steps up and win the job because that would give me hope. The rest of you can continue on debating the subject of how good Feidler is. But I am done. He is a very good back up QB and nothing more. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wearing their Aqua and Orange sunglasses to tight.
Now lets talk about something else. Anything.
Like what about this Boston stuff on PFT.

The truth is Jay has had his chance. In big games for the most part he has come up short. I am not sure all the blame goes on him. I know allot goes to the idiot coach we have. Could be allot of reasons. The thing is we need a QB that can over come Wannys ineptitude,and win us the close games.As well as score some dang points.Dolfanreal69

pigskinguy said:
Comparing Feidler to Marino? That's pretty good. I am finished talking about Feidler the bum he not worth it. He is what he is. Which is average AT BEST. Some of you see somethin I certainly don't. I hope AJ steps up and win the job because that would give me hope. The rest of you can continue on debating the subject of how good Feidler is. But I am done. He is a very good back up QB and nothing more. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wearing their Aqua and Orange sunglasses to tight.
Now lets talk about something else. Anything.
Like what about this Boston stuff on PFT.

So when your debating tactics are used on you, you turn and run?
:roflmao:

I never compared Marino to Fiedler. I merely used YOUR approach to hold one player solely accountable for the team's success or failure. While you seem unable to take your anti-Jay glasses off to see how wrong that is, you obviously think it is wrong when RW, CC, and DM are unfairly held accountable. That was the point of the post.

Unfortunately, rather that see the flaw in your logic, you drop the discussion.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
So when your debating tactics are used on you, you turn and run?
:roflmao:

I never compared Marino to Fiedler. I merely used YOUR approach to hold one player solely accountable for the team's success or failure. While you seem unable to take your anti-Jay glasses off to see how wrong that is, you obviously think it is wrong when RW, CC, and DM are unfairly held accountable. That was the point of the post.

Unfortunately, rather that see the flaw in your logic, you drop the discussion.

I am not running I have made it clear where I stand on Fiedler as have you. Neither of us are going to waver. I think you give him too much credit. You think I don't give him enough. I am not running I am just tired of talking about it. I still believe whayt i have said. But if want continue to go on and on and on about Feidler than I guess we can. I am just getting a little bored with it right now. But I guess if you want to think that I am running away, than that is fair enough, I suppose. If Feidler wins the job and is named the starter i am sure we will have lots to talk about during the season.
Damn it! I not supposed to be talking about it anymore. :D Frikkin addiction to this team!

Back
Top Bottom