What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition?

Everybody says Jay shouldn't be starter but is it Jay fault that Fins didn't bring in someone who is flat out upgrade.If Jay is the best QB on roster then you have to start him.

minus said:
Everybody says Jay shouldn't be starter but is it Jay fault that Fins didn't bring in someone who is flat out upgrade.If Jay is the best QB on roster than you have to start him.

agreed whole-heartedly. If Jay is the best there is then ill be behind him 100% but i dont think we will get far as a team. (10-6, miss playoffs)

At least with Jay back there we'll be guaranteed a new coach next year.That's what I want for christmas anyway is Jeff Fisher as new coach!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Dolphins could get a first round bye if Jay can stay healthy.Jay is no Favre or Manning but he is smart QB.He does enough to get a win and occasionally can have a big day.The big thing with Jay in my opinion is his injuries.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
New to the board and already an attitude.... :shakeno:

Why not just address the post? Why avoid the obvious question? Could it be that the facts don't fit your opinion?

I have no attitude, what I post here all in fun, you are the one who seems to be edgy.
As for your question, you facts that Fiedler is sooooooooo good are paper thin, The Bottom Line is he doesn't get it done when counts. I.E. Late in Games, Late in the Season, etc,. You think The so-called December Swoons have nothing to with Jay's lack of ability to take his game to the next level, or lack of poise under pressure. IMO it is a big reason why, not the only reason, a significant reason none the less.
I am not trying to have attitude, I am just playing along, having fun, waiting for the season to start. I thought that's what this board was all about.
Again, you are the one that's seems to be bothered.

minus said:
You have crystal ball?Who would have thought Jake Delhome would taken panthers to the superbowl?Please tell who win this year superbowl so I can start making by bets!

I have to admit JD managed the offense better than JF, less mistakes, but their offensive scheme was similar to our, their FD conversion was worse than ours. Their defense was doing a better job at preventing 3rd Down Conversions than their offense at converting them...

The same way that Baltimore's defense carried Dilfer to the SB in 2000, the Carolina defense carried Delhomme to last year's SB.

Both defenses, Baltimore's in 2000, and Carolina's in 2003 were the true heroes for those teams, and not their QB IMHO. They both carried their team throughout the year.

IMHO, neither our defense or our QB last year, match up near Carolina's performance and execution, when it came down to crunch time...

pigskinguy said:
I have no attitude, what I post here all in fun, you are the one who seems to be edgy.
As for your question, you facts that Fiedler is sooooooooo good are paper thin, The Bottom Line is he doesn't get it done when counts. I.E. Late in Games, Late in the Season, etc,. You think The so-called December Swoons have nothing to with Jay's lack of ability to take his game to the next level, or lack of poise under pressure. IMO it is a big reason why, not the only reason, a significant reason none the less.
I am not trying to have attitude, I am just playing along, having fun, waiting for the season to start. I thought that's what this board was all about.
Again, you are the one that's seems to be bothered.

Okay last try.... (really)

You seem to assume that I wasn't playing along. :huh:

320 yds against the Eagles in week 15 last year, followed by victories in weeks 16 and 17. Excellent drives against NE at the end of regulation and in OT (both followed by missed chip shot FGs).

I'm sorry but don't weeks 15, 16, and 17 count as late in the season? Don't the end of regulation and OT count as late in games. :huh:

Two of those performances against teams considered in the top 2 or three in the league.

I'm not trying to convince you that Fiedler is a good QB. I'm only pointing out that your arguments as to why you feel he is not a good QB are FACTUALLY WRONG.

You are still entitled to your opinion of Fiedler's abilities....

pigskinguy said:
You think The so-called December Swoons have nothing to with Jay's lack of ability to take his game to the next level, or lack of poise under pressure. IMO it is a big reason why, not the only reason, a significant reason none the less.

I believe your are wrong about JF as a big reason for the December swoon...

The swoon has been occuring for over 14 years now, not just 4...

Through 90-99 (Dan Marino's era) the team went 19-21 in December. I guess you can blame Dan for that swoon and not JF. The main reason IMO, is a team failure to play well, due to injuries or lack of execution, in December over the last decade and a half...

Anyways, I am glad your having fun posting, thats the main reason to do so IMO... :)

Bottom line is that Feidler is here...He isn't going anywhere. If AJ doesn't beat him out (Which wouldn't surprise me, I think AJ is the future not the now simply because Wanny has to win this year.) then we sink or swim with him. Complaining doesn't really solve anything. Fiedler has a lot of good qualities but makes some bad decisions at the wrong time.

If Fieder stinks it up this year then he, along with Wanny, will be gone. RS will probably be sweating as well.

Fiedler alone does not win or lose games. Think about this...When the O generates 24 plus points, how many has the D given up??? I would rather win 17-7 then lose 35-38. It's not all his fault when we lose and he shouldn't get all the credit when we win.

Are there any better QBs out there that we can get without mortgaging the future...No. (I don't think Kerry Collins would do well here, he might have his moments but he is not the answer.)

pigskinguy said:
And how did he do in the playoffs the last 2 years...........Oh right, forget it.
He is backup QB AT BEST. Deal with it.

This is where posters like you just show how stubborn you are. It's a fact that Jay has the 3rd most reg-season wins as a starting QB in the NFL the last 4 years. You cannot remove him from the win equation in those wins if you want to be fair. After saying that, those wins show that Jay is a proven NFL starting QB. Spin all you want, but that's simply a fact. This however does not mean this offense should rely on an aging injury prone QB in Fiedler any longer. But there's no reason to belittle what he has done for this team the last 4-years.

Oliver...

ohall said:
This is where posters like you just show how stubborn you are. It's a fact that Jay has the 3rd most reg-season wins as a starting QB in the NFL the last 4 years. You cannot remove him from the win equation in those wins if you want to be fair. After saying that, those wins show that Jay is a proven NFL starting QB. Spin all you want, but that's simply a fact. This however does not mean this offense should rely on an aging injury prone QB in Fiedler any longer. But there's no reason to belittle what he has done for this team the last 4-years.

Oliver...

Playing it safe Oliver? Why is it then that you want feely to start when he isn't proven and Fiedler is(like you say) ? Feely hasn't been playing long enough to know if he's injury prone and age doesn't mean squat. Are you saying you'd want to start an unkown over a proven?

ohall said:

Oliver...

I am not trying to belittle what he has done I am trying to say I don't think he has done as much as ypu and some others think. One playoff win in the 4 years at the helm is not good. And I know and acknowledge, it not all on him. But at the end of the day, to be considered a Super Bowl contender you need your QB to come up big. Like Tom Brady, I don't think he is the most talent in the world but he has a knack to get things done in the clutch and not make the big mistake at crucial times.

And FinfaninBuffalo, As you have pointed out he has had some big games in his 4 years, which is, I think, what Fiedler fans (And Wanny) hold on when hoping he can takes us to the Big Dance. But IMO he lacks that killer instinct, or whatever you want to call it to pull a victory from the jaws of defeat. It most cases he pulls defeat from the jaws of victory.
But that's just my opinion. And apperantly it is in the minority. Oh well, I do hope I am wrong and proves me wrong if in fact he does in the QB derby.

Justasportsfan said:
Playing it safe Oliver? Why is it then that you want feely to start when he isn't proven and Fiedler is(like you say) ? Feely hasn't been playing long enough to know if he's injury prone and age doesn't mean squat. Are you saying you'd want to start an unkown over a proven?

Against everyone but the Bills....LOL

You are going out of your way tyo give Oliver a bad time. He's more than once responded to you. His issue with Fiedler is that he's shown himself to be injury prone while with us, and he's only getting older. The issue may not be as clean cut as is Fiedler better. If he's only marginally better Feeley may get the nod due to his youth and the unknown of where his potential may be.
From what I've read, many of us, Oliver included....have said we don't know if Feeley can even beat out Jay, but we're hoping he does.

Back
Top Bottom